Friday 11 August 2023

Throwback Festive Friday cards!

 




Good Friday Morning Ladies, 

I hope that you have all had a good week, it was nice to see the sun return on Wednesday & Thursday, it looks like the rain is back for the weekend though 🙄!  I wonder if we will actually get a British summer?!   This weather is why we started travelling to Spain for holidays.

I will be sharing a few 'Throwback ' cards in over the next few weeks,  just to fill some of the days we are away, I have a few extra cards made too,  time is running away from me though and I will probably not get too much time to craft when we get back either with the move being imminent.

So I am kicking it off with a 'Throwback Festive Friday' card from 2017 !! 

Here is the description.....

The first card was made by stamping the Clarity Snow scene stamp onto Stampin Up!(SU) Whisper White Card using 'Night of Navy' ink (SU), I then cut my piece of card to size and scored around the stamped Image to make it stand out.  I then took an Inkyliscious 'Happy Christmas ' stamp that has a beautiful scripty Font and stamped onto another piece of Whisper White Card and die cut it with a Stitched Rectangle die.
I then matted it on to a 'Night of navy' Matt and added it to the bottom of my card, under the stamped scene .
I then matted this whole piece onto a Night of Navy matt that was 1/4 inch bigger and then again onto a Whisper White card base. I added a piece of Narrow Navy ribbon across the centre of the card a d then added a bow with a little Snowflake. 
I hope you like it.

The second card was super easy, I stamped the image on to Whisper White Card, I then cut it to fit the image, I then matted this onto 'Night Of Navy' mat and then repeated the matting and layering,  finishing with a Night of Navy card base.
I stamped a little Happy Christmas stamp to the foreground of the image. That was it finished! 

I hope that you all have a Fantastic Friday,

Love and the biggest, hugest hugs to all of you,

Sandra 
xxxxxx

7 comments:

  1. r thMorning Everyone
    The last few days have been glorious weatherwise here. Not too warm - just right.
    cards they are just beautiful throwbacks. You must be just about ready to meet yourself coming back.

    We have had a message from the Estate Agent saying he is coming tomorrow afternoon to 'show' our house. So today is definitely the strongest 'swear' word day though the last couple of weeks have been just the same-sorting/throwing out etc etc.I'm not sure how we'll be seeing some stranger walking around.

    Anyway have the best week-end you all can have. HUGS on their way to you all. Take care and stay safe.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh Janet It will feel strange Can you go off somewhere and let the estate agent do it You’ll still think about it but at least won’t see them face to face
    The past two days have been lovely weather wise I’m not going to lie I’d like it a little cooler today because I am playing in a bowls match this afternoon!
    Your throwback cards are lovely With a stamping platform I expect would be an easy idea to batch make
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everyone
    I love your cards today, the winter scene is lovely 😊
    It’s been a busy week at work and home, so I’m looking forward to a few days off. Housework to catch up on, but will be crafting too.
    Hope you’re all having a good day
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi All, sunny day at last, although it’s very humid.

    Love todays cards , can’t think about Christmas just yet.

    Janet, hope everything goes according to plan, not sure how long you have had your French property but I’m sure you will miss it.

    I have been trying to do another card today, halfway through what I thought was going to be an easy make.

    Going back to my craft room now to struggle on, Lilian

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi everyone
    Gorgeous throw back cards Sandra.
    Janet, I' ll be thinking of you.
    Hope you all have had a fine day.
    So tired tonight, will have an early night. Sleep well tonight . Many hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Sandra and everyone,
    Love today’s cards, great to have a reminder what’s around the corner - I haven’t even started to think about Christmas yet, we have quite a few family birthdays in September and November but I will have to get around to thinking about the festive season.
    Hope all is well with you and the family.
    Take care, hugs Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sandra and all looking in. Two beautiful cards. I love the simplicity of them. I must remember to dry emboss more on my cards, especially as you have as the lines draw the eyes to the main image. I hope you get some sleep my lovely xx
    Janet, I think Karen had the righgg TV idea. It may be a little easier if you don’t see the agent and viewers. Thinking of you and Jim at this bitter sweet time xx
    Enjoy your weekends whatever you are up to. I am hoping to craft 🤞 Sending hugs to you all. Take care. Sue xx

    ReplyDelete