Monday 21 August 2023

Lilian's 1st Flower Challenge card

 


Good Monday Morning Ladies,

From a VERY hot Millau, France, it was 38 degrees as we arrived yesterday afternoon and by 11pm it had dropped to 28 degrees, thank heavens for air conditioning,  both in the car and in our cabin.  It was too hot for us to sit out on our balcony, there were lots of Paragliders making the most of the thermals that the extreme heat had caused.  You have to praise the French Motorway services as every gantry had the warning ⚠️' Cancule ' (Heatwave) Stay Hydrated, in many different language!  We must have gotten through 3 1/2 litres in 6 hours, it was necessity for me as I had woken with terrible uti symptoms, making the journey very difficult, we ended up stopping a lot more than usual.  

I had a horrendous experience on one toilet stop, I went into the 'regular' toilets that everyone was using, waited and when my turn came I opened the door to see a Hole in the floor with a metal plate to stand on!  I was wearing a maxi dress, I stood for a minute and then just walked out, how was I supposed to manage, do you take your knickers off first? The floor was a disgrace,  i can't renove my drawers without sitting down, i certainly wasn't going to let anything touch the floor!  So I left, as I walked out I noticed a couple of separate toilets, one was disabled access,  as I approached a lady came out and held the door for me, so I took the handle and went in......it immediately went dark, an alarm sounded and water was spraying from every direction, I quickly tucked my dress into my bra,  after a couple of seconds a tidal wave appeared from one wall, the light then came back on, so i went and used the toilet, just as I stood up to finish somebody opened the bloody door,  5 minutes ago I tried everything to open that door but couldn't!! She apologised and closed it again, as I put my self back together the toilet flushed automatically,  i quickly washed my hands and made my escape!  Paul was trying not to laugh, he said my face was a picture!  Thank goodness I had crocs on and not my leather sandals !! I swished my feet, ankles and crocs with clean water.  In hindsight I should not have taken the door from the lady, as it is meant to close after someone exits and it does a full clean. Then opens for the next person, all fresh and clean! 😳 πŸ₯ΊπŸ˜ž

Today's card is the first of Lilian's Flower Challenge inspiration cards.  

Lilian's Description:

"The first card is a memory box die and an old E/B folder that I’ve had quite some time."

Such a pretty embossing folder Lilian,  I love the subtle colouring over the embossed areas, that gorgeous spray of flowers makes the perfect centre piece for that embossed panel. 

Thank you so much for your pretty card and for Inspiring us all XXX

I hope that you all have a lovely day,

My love and hugs to all of you,

Sandra                                                                    xxxxxx 


6 comments:

  1. Morning everyone
    This is our last week and we return to the UK on Monday next.
    We have to return in October for a couple of weeks to meet with the 'Notair' to sign papers giving them permission to sign the final sale papers when a sale has been agreed and we don't have to be here. If it wasn't that the whole of France is on holiday we might have been able to do that this week but that is the French. I too hadn't a clue how they worked but luckly for me no one had just used it so I started from scratch with Jim standing guard lol.


    Hugs for you all. Take care and stay safe.xxxx

    SANDRA the first time I used one of those type of loos it frightened me to death.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi everyone
    Lilian, I love your beautiful card 😍 The embossing frames the flowers perfectly.
    Oh Sandra, I’d have been mortified in your situation πŸ₯Ί I hate using those porta loos and the thought of not being able to get out in the first place would have frightened me, then to get a soaking in there….oh my god! 😱
    I hope you both slept well, despite the heat and you have a good journey to your destination.
    Have a lovely day everyone whatever you’re doing
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty card Lilian I think I have that MB die and in all of these years I have never thought to colour and blend the flower heads I have only ever used white or black Thank you for the inspiration
    I hope the rest of your journey is less adventurous SANDRA and that you’re beginning to feel better too
    Oh Janet I can’t imagine how you must be feeling about leaving your Marigney for the last time Take care
    Nothing much planned for this afternoon and we’re out dancing this evening
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi everyone
    Very pretty card Lilian, I like it.
    Oh Sandra, I can see your face bless you 😌 luckily it wasn't a full shower 🚿. Hope you took the meds with you for uti or you will have to get hold of a GP at your next stop. You don't want this to spoil your holiday.
    Janet, thinking of you. Why does the week go so quick.
    We are back home. It was a busy day yesterday so will just take it easy this afternoon. Shopping being delivered tonight.
    Sonia, once again some wonderful photos of Teddy and the rest of the family ❤️
    Have a good day everyone, many hugs to you all. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Sandra and everyone,
    Lilian your card is beautiful, love the dainty flowers and how you have coloured them, they look so realistic. Thank you for sharing.
    Sandra your unexpected shower sounds scary, I have used one of these toilets but not had the soaking you had. Not an experience you will forget easily.
    Take care and enjoy the rest of your holiday.
    Big Hugs, Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sandra and all looking in.
    Lilian, what a pretty card. I love the delicate colour on the flowers xx
    Sandra, wow you certainly had an experience you definitely don’t want to ever experience again didn’t you!!!! Being locked in would have been the worst thing for me. I would have rather used a hedge ticket. At least you can both relax now. I hope the breeze helps to keep you a bit cooler on the beach. Fingers crossed that the uti symptoms ease up for you my lovely xx
    I’m hoping to make a start on my challenge card tomorrow. I didn’t get it started today as it was eldest grand daughter Phoebe’s 14th birthday so spent most of the day with her and the family. Still can’t believe where those 14 years have gone. She is now a bit taller than me and growing into the most beautiful and kind young lady πŸ₯°
    Sleep well everyone. Take care. Love Sue xx

    ReplyDelete