Thursday 3 August 2023

All white Christmas card

 



Good Morning Ladies, 

A day of rain and shine for us yesterday, we had a very early start to our day, leaving our house at 7am for a hospital appointment, we did end up getting there about 40 minutes early but better that than late and rushing to find a parking space, at 7.15am we had the pick of spaces, we had no idea where we were going but soon found it.  We had to sit and wait in the corridor as you can only enter the department 5 minutes before your appointment.  Luckily I was seen within 5 minutes, so we were soon on our way home. 

Today's card was inspired by Christine Stokes, I had a piece of embossed card in my scrap box.....

So I trimmed it down to 1 3/4 inches and matted it onto a piece if white card, slightly wider, after a tip from Christine I embossed a line down top and bottom edges of the matt just to finish off or round off the edges.  it's surprising what a difference it makes, it looks like it is properly finished, rather than having raw cut edges.

I mounted this piece onto a piece of white card 4 inch X 5 1/4 inch and matted that onto a base card that measured 4 1/4 X 5 1/2 inch.   I die cut a simple sentiment 3 times and stacked them, I adhered the first part above the embossed piece and the second half at the bottom of the embossed piece.                  To finish the card I added some crystal gems on and around the snowflakes to make them sparkle.

Not much planned today, I know that I will NOT be getting out of bed at 6am.

I hope that you all have a lovely day,

Love and hugs to all of you,

Sandra                                                                                                                                               xxxxxx


6 comments:

  1. Hi Sandra and all looking in today.
    Wow I love your card. Simple but absolutely gorgeous, just letting the snowflakes do the work. And what a great tip. Those embossed lines finish the card perfectly. And a great one for batch making too. I will definitely be trying out this style. Typical that you got to GWH so early. Sod’s Law you would have got caught in traffic if you had left later. At least you weren’t kept waiting. Sorry I can’t see you today. I had completely messed up what is on when this week!!!
    Have a good day whatever you do everyone. Sending hugs. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card I love white on white and that embossing folder does all of the work
    Glad you didn’t have to hang around too long at the hospital
    Grandparent duty again I wonder if he’d like to go to the zoo again for soft play
    We are also having our hair cut this afternoon
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everyone
    Gorgeous card with the nice snowflakes EF. Hope you are ok after such a early start yesterday.
    It look like a nice day today so might go for a little walk this morning. Got to keep myself occupied so not thinking of any food until after the blood test this afternoon so going to be crafting a bit too.
    Have a nice day everyone whatever you be doing today. Many hugs to you all xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi everyone
    Love your card, it’s beautiful 😍
    Got a couple of cards to finish, hopefully get them done tomorrow. I’m not working but seeing my mum and dad, and taking dad to a couple of appointments.
    Hope you’re all having a good day
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Sandra and everyone,
    I love white on white it’s so classy and your card is a beautiful example. What a difference it makes to the sentiment by adding extra layers they really stand out, brilliant inspiration for our Christmas cards. Thank you xx
    Pleased your hospital appointment went well, I always prefer an early appointment - because then I feel that it hasn’t taken over my day.
    Had to be at the doctors early today, only for a blood test so was home within the hour. Doctor should get the results in a few days time and they will contact me if any issues arise. I’m sure all is fine.
    Sending caring hugs to everyone, take care. Love Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello All, rough and wet today. My muti blue clematis has just started flowering, now the wind will shred ,I have tied it against the wall, so hoping that will help.

    Your card is lovely Sandra, really Christmasy , might have a go at this. Have a similar E/b folder

    Been doing my jigsaw st of the day, hope you all had a good day
    Hugs to all Lilian

    ReplyDelete