Wednesday 2 August 2023

Green & Gold Aperture





Good Morning Ladies, 

I forgot to mention that we are now in August!! July simply flew by, I think August will too, we have so much going in we have just 2 weeks and 3 days until we leave for holiday, we have another 2 weekends of moving to pack in before we leave,  the plan is that we will 'Move in' to our new home after we get back from holiday, we are all looking forward to it too,  especially the girls, they have been building new beds and bedroom furniture and adding new little touches to their rooms, they are excited to help create a new pantry from a spare little room just as you walk in the front door too, so lot's to keep us busy. 

Today's card was made using one of my tissue paper backgrounds, the texture is fantastic, before I started my project I added some gold gilding wax to highlight some of that texture.

So this is the background......


I cut a small square and placed it behind a square aperture that I die cut into my 5 x 5 square card. I then cut 2 fern fronds in matt gold card, I chose matt gold as it matched the Gilding wax better than mirror card.  
I cut the sentiment from the same background as it worked better than gold. 
It looks so lovely as the light catches the gold. 

I hope that you all have a lovely day, 

Love and hugs to all of you,  

Sandra
xxxxxx

6 comments:

  1. Morning everyone
    SANDRA I love love your card today. Those colours are just beautiful.
    We are really busy here tryin g to sort out cupboards etc. The Estate Agent is coming tomorrow afternoon to take more photos and tomorrow morning we have someone coming to check that all the utilities meet the French regulations.
    Perhaps we will get to the market on Friday for cakes!!
    Today is getting the house ready for those photos.
    HUGS on their way to you all. Take care and stay safexxxx
    Take care everyone whatever y


    ReplyDelete
  2. 🤣Great minds think alike I managed to do a little crafting yesterday afternoon after Oscar went home and OH was at bowls and have done something very similar to your card It looks lovely
    You are busy but you also need to rest as much as you can You can’t afford to knock yourself out and be unwell for your much needed holiday
    Of to daughter’s today to look after Oscar as part way through the morning he has a hospital appointment
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everyone
    Gorgeous card. I love the colours and it look very striking with the gold ferns.
    Hope you taking it easy when you can, the same goes for our Lilian and Brenda. Having backpain is not nice to have and it crippling you to get on with the day.
    Janet, hope everything is good with the house and no fixing needed. Feeling sad for you both that you are selling up but maybe you can find something closer to home for your holiday home.
    Karen, have fun with Oscar today. Hope he's appointment goes ok.
    Meeting up with our friends who are here visiting and we are going out for the day. Looks like rain on its way but dry at the moment. Haven't had a chance to craft yet but will do so tomorrow morning before fasting blood test in the afternoon, I got a cancellation one but it will be a bit tough not to eat anything. As you know I'm not giving up my blood easily so been trying to drink a lot but it is not easy when I'm not thirsty...
    Have a good day everyone, take care of yourself if not good with backs, legs and uti's. Sending you all my biggest hug xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sandra and all looking in today. This is a beautiful card. I love the background, the tissue adds great texture doesn’t it. I must have a go at making this style of card as it is really effective. Yesterdays card is lovely. I love the colour combination too. I will be trying acrylics out too but will try and remember to wear gloves I hope all goes well today my lovely xx
    Janet, I hope everything goes well today with the photographer. I’m sad for you but hope the sale goes quickly and smoothly xx
    Brenda, I hope you are still getting lots of rest after a busy family time at the weekend xx
    A very lazy day for me. Sending hugs. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, everyone, another dull wet and old day.
    Sandra love your card, the gold makes it look so opulent.
    Ironing this morning, and starting a jigsaw this afternoon. R gave it to me for Christmas, but it’s very difficult so only now starting it.
    Tomorrow I will try and do this weeks challenge, not what I’m going to do yet.

    Sandra hope you are feeling a bit better, and managing to get some rest during the day.
    Goodnight all Lilian

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Sandra and everyone,
    Love the background you have created using autumnal colours, The card is just gorgeous, it’s definitely one I will say is right up my street xx Thank you for sharing xx
    It sounds like there is a lot going on getting ready for the move, great the girls are getting involved and sorting out their own rooms. Make sure you don’t go overdoing things.
    Sending love and hugs Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete