Thursday 29 June 2023

Warm Wishes Christmas card

 


Good Morning Ladies,

I hope that today finds you as well as can be expected, we had another very humid day yesterday, it looked like we were going to get rain in the morning as it was very cloudy but fortunately it stayed dry all day so that I got two loads of washing dry (Lucy had been away at Flynn's all week)!  

For the rest of the day I sat at my desk and got 3 cards made, which is unheard of for me, I was tidying as I went along which made it easier, I have no idea why I can't do that all the time, I guess we just get caught up in being creative, try one thing, if that doesn't quite work then we get something else just to see if it's better, then it's not and so it goes on, when you finally finish you look up and see the devastation you have created !!  Please tell me it isn't just me !!

Today's card is one of yesterday's projects, the lovely scene die is called Grassy Grove from Stampin Up!  I bought it last year and didn't get around to using it, I combined it with the beautiful New Horizon papers that you have all seen me use before.  I picked one that looked a bit like a sky background, I added the die cut forest scene on the front using foam pads for a bit of dimension. I stamped and die cut the deer and popped him in place, I wanted to add a bit of 'festive sparkle', so I added some silver mirror card stars, the twine has some sparkle in it too.

I hope that you all have a lovely day,

Love and huge hugs to all of you,

Sandra
xxxxxx

7 comments:

  1. Pretty card Sandra I love the “scene” die
    We had a lot of rain through the night but it still feels muggy
    A friend is visiting this afternoon for a catchup and we’re out dancing tonight - it’s a film night (don’t know how that works) and fancy dress is optional So I’d better raid the wardrobe and see if I can find anything that will fit!
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi everyone
    Love your scene card today, it’s stunning 😍
    Had very heavy rain during the night, which woke me up! Been dry since mid morning and some sunshine.
    Hope you’re all having a good day
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everyone
    Love this card, beautiful scene with the deer and the pretty paper in the background.
    Not sure why my post yesterday is missing but I loved all the cards for inspiration.
    Fingers crossed Sandra for this house goes ahead, it sounded very good but will you miss the garden ?
    Sue, thinking of you and sending hugs. Take care
    Lilian, wishes for you to feel better soon. You don't have any allergies ? I never had any problems before but the last years my eyes have been itchy and keep running and a tickle throat. You take care.
    Have a good day whatever you are doing ladies. Love and hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Sandra and everyone,
    Love this Christmas card. Thank you again for your unending inspiration.
    Lilian I do hope you feel better soon. take care dear friend.
    I’m going to keep my comments short because blogger is playing a game. It wouldn’t publish for me yesterday and I tried earlier on and had the same problem so I wish everybody a lovely evening and fingers crossed it will work this time.
    Take care everyone, Love Brenda XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG it works. I think the gremlins must’ve gone on holiday. Thank goodness for that. Ha ha

      Delete
    2. I’ve had problems with my comments publishing too - has been taking 3 or 4 times of me having to keep pressing ‘publish’ for it to work! Think it must be a blogger problem xx

      Delete
  5. Hi All, I’m sure most of you are fast asleep, sorry if you are.

    Sandra love your card today, that die is very clever, love the little deer.

    Hoping to start challenge card tomorrow, managed to find my Christmas bits.

    Goodnight, Lilian.

    ReplyDelete