Sunday 18 June 2023

Our Challenge cards

 





Good Sunday Morning Ladies,

A gentle start to the day here after I did an hour in the garden yesterday, not that I achieved anything amazing, just a few little weeds, Paul was trimming hedges and bushes, I have to say he did an amazing job of trimming a round bush we have in the front garden, it looks like privet hedge but its in ball shape, needless to say that my trimming it with shears had caused it to be a little bit of an odd looking ball,  Paul sorted it today though with his long handled hedge trimmer!   

I am the only one here this morning so I will be making sure that the 'Dad' gets the breakfast of champions,  we might stop off and pick up some picnic food and go out for the day, depending on the weather!  His Fathers Day gift is a Hot Air Balloon flight !!

Let's have a look at what you have made for Karen's Challenge..........

Your Challenge Cards

Janet




Janet's Description:  

Card 1:  Sue Wilson Christmas Tree die cut in red mirror card, on an embossed background.

Card 2:  Tonic die cut in beautiful teal card, finished off with a stamped perfume bottle and a double bow in Seam binding finished with stick pins.

Two absolutely beautiful cards Janet, those colours certainly do 'pop', it shows that the old dies really are timeless as these cards are as beautiful today as they were back then.
Thank you so much for sharing them with us XXX




Karen




Karen's Description:

Card 1:  Decided to look at old dies and embossing folders,  Spellbinder Marvellous Squares and snowflake on alternate layers of white card and white/silver Centura Pearl card


Card 2:  The corner dies are John Lockwood and I trimmed down a SueW sentiment

Two fantastic cards Karen, thank you so much for choosing this weeks Challenge and for inspiring us with your cards XXX



Lilian


Lilian's Description:

Here is my card for this week, It’s a crafters companion deep embossing folder, scrap inky background paper for the flowers. The rest are peel offs which is a bit of a cheat, but my brain shuts down in the hot weather.

Oh Lilian that is such a pretty card, I love that embossing folder, it's very similar to the Gina K one that I bought, adding those tiny flowers really makes the best of that embossing folder, it highlights all of detail.  
Thank you so much for taking part in this weeks challenge XXX

Maria



Maria's Description:

Card 1:  Xmas embossed card with red berries and frame.

Card 2:  white star with a hint of silver. Needed something so cut a frame into 4 and used 2 on this card.  

Maria, thank you so much for two amazing challenge cards, I love the Christmas card, the crisp white embossing with that 'pop' of red looks so festive !
Your Star card is gorgeous, I love how you have outlined the star with the tiny pearls, that lifts the card to something 'extra' special! XXX


Sonia

Sonia's Description:

I’ve used Pink Fresh Studios Floral Lace Background die. I put back in some of the die cut petals, and added flower centres from a Spellbinders flower die set. I inked them in Spun Sugar and Iced Spruce distress oxides. The sentiment is from The Stamp Market also stamped in Spun Sugar.

Sonia such a pretty card, I absolutely love that background the coloured flower centres are so delicate but create a lovely pop of colour.  An absolutely stunning card, thank you so much for taking part XXX


****************************************


7 comments:

  1. Hi Sandra and all looking in today.
    Beautiful cards today. I really love this style. It’s lovely to see such different takes on the challenge.
    I didn’t get to finish either of the cards I had started sadly. It was hot here until late afternoon when we had some heavy rain for a good 20 mins, it was not forecast for here so 2 neighbours washing got very wet!
    We have a mixed bag of weather today. It’s hot at the moment. Have a good day everyone. Sending hugs. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi everyone
    I love all of the cards today, they’re beautiful 😍
    Had a quiet day yesterday, Mark had a gig but was home by 11.30pm. It will be another quiet one today. I’ll pop over to see my Dad but other than that, we’ve nothing planned.
    We had a little rain last night, all of 5 minutes worth, and a bit more this morning. It’s very humid, so hopefully we’ll get some more to clear the air.
    Have a good day everyone
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you ladies for your beautiful cards You have really aced white on white with a pop of colour
    Today will be a quiet day after all of the dancing last night Plus we are out this evening- our very first Salsa teacher is celebrating his birthday and invited us along It will be lovely to see him as sadly the last time was at his young wife’s funeral a couple of years ago
    Weather wise its been a bit like Sonia’s
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. morning everyone
    beautiful cards.White with some colour really the most gorgeous combination.

    SANDRA a big thank you for adding description on my cards. I'm not sure where my brain was when I sent them but definitely it had left the house.lol.

    Well we were woken in the middle of the night with the most 'Mother' of all thunder storms. The rain was very welcome but I for one could have managed without the thunder and lightening. I just might have to have a nap sometime this afternoon.

    HUGS are on their way to you all. Take care and stay safe.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Sandra and ladies,
    Beautiful display of of cards today, I love all of them, just adding a hint of colour makes each card eye catching.
    We are going to our daughters today for Father’s Day treat our eldest daughter and family are also coming so it will be a great family day. Sandra I hope Paul enjoys his hot air balloon flight. Our eldest did one, she said it was brilliant!!
    We actually had rain during the night, not sure for how long and the pavement are dry now, fingers crossed it will stay dry for the rest of the day.
    Hope you all have a good day, whatever your plans are take care and enjoy. Love Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi everyone
    Wonderful cards, I love them all. Love the pop's of colours with the white and seeing stickpins again Janet 😊
    What a fantastic father's day present for Paul. I would love to do a hot air balloon flight but no one wants to join me .🤗
    The boys have sent OH cards and messages and we sitting in M&S for a breakfast and going to bye a dinner home. It muggy and heavy so need some rain and thunder.
    Have a great day everyone. Sending extra hugs for Lilian and anyone who are not feeling too good. Take care. Maria xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello, very hot and humid here today. No sun ,just heavy cloud but still no rain. Think I will have to do a rain dance.!!!
    What beautiful cards we have today, I found this weeks challenge really made me think, I’m a colour person normally.

    Hope you are all coping with this weather, and having a good Father’s Day to all the Dads out there. Lilian

    ReplyDelete