Monday 5 June 2023

A C & S card with a smooshed background

 


Good Monday Morning Ladies, 

That was a lovely relaxed weekend,  I did get a lot of plants potted up, we had to pop out and get a big planter, there wasn't that much choice to be honest, everywhere seemed to have the same pots, we ended up getting a Half Whisky Barrel and then a couple of terracota style plastic pots.  The prices in B & Q compared to B & M and Home Bargains was outrageous, just looking at 1 pot that looked pretty much identical,  in B & M it was £12 in B &Q it was £32!  I do wonder how many they sell.  We did buy a couple of plants from the clearance area, a lovely grass that was originally £12 and a perennial that spreads, giving great ground cover, that was originally £6, both reduced by 50%, we went to pay,  I was expecting it to come to £9, for some reason the lady at the till made to the total £5.30,  I didn't complain though 😀. 

 I do wonder how much money shops waste on not watering and taking care of their plants properly,  at Lidl yesterday there was a whole trolley of lavender plants that were dead, proper shrivelled up, now someone is pushing that trolley in and out every day, can they not see that the plants need water?!  the lavender plants were £2.99, there were easily around 80 to 100 plants on that trolley,  thats a huge waste of money!  Sue and I were discussing this on Thursday,  they could employ a retired perso n for an hour or two a day , who would be happy look after the plants, it must be worth the money!  

Today's card was the result of me playing with my new Tim Holtz Media Surface mat, after playing with smooshing I went on to Brusho's, I spritzed my card with water and added some yellow, red and orange Brushos until I was happy, I set them on the Aga to dry,  I used one as the background for my card, the front was die cut with a Tim Holtz background die.  The "Hello' was die cut from another one of the Brusho backgrounds that I made with same colours.  

I hope that you all have a lovely Monday, 

Love and hugs to all of you,

Sandra xxx


6 comments:

  1. Hi everyone
    I love your card, the smooshed colours are lovely 😍
    I do wonder about the plants at the supermarkets too, they often look dead. Waitrose used to be the worst one near us!
    Glad you had a relaxing weekend, we did too.
    We were going to Dorset today to meet Teddy, unfortunately I’ve still got a bad cold and cough, so thought it best we don’t go. I’d feel awful if I passed anything on. I’m absolutely gutted as I can’t wait for a cuddle. I’ve had this cold for over 2 weeks now and it’s really getting me down. I did however have a much better night last night and didn’t end up sleeping on the sofa!
    I hope you all had a good weekend. Have a lovely day
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your card SANDRA I have a couple of Tim Holtz background dies like this I’m glad you’ve reminded me
    Oh what a shame Sonia After this length of time you’re probably not infectious anymore but I understand exactly how you feel I was in a similar situation when Charlie was born
    Busy weekend ending in a lovely Sunday lunch in a pub garden
    I have a card to post and an Amazon item to collect So a walk will be the order of the day to collect those
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, another real scorcher, with no wind , too hot for me, am in watching the tennis.
    Another great card, I have those Tim Holtz dies, but I forget to use them.
    We had our senior covid booster on Saturday, first time I’ve had any reaction, but I’ve been feeling not well at all these past two days, hoping it passes soon.
    R is away today in Surbiton, but he will be home late, so it’s very quiet here.
    Hope you are all enjoying this lovely summery weather. Lilian

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Sandra and everyone,
    Beautiful card, love how your colours blend into each other, the effect is gorgeous. Sandra I think we have all had the same thoughts Re supermarket plants, they just let them die - it’s a total waste .how long would it take for someone to give them a drop of water?
    Sonia I feel so sorry for you not being well enough to go and meet Teddy. These summer colds really do hang on, I suppose it’s the heat. You will get that cuddle soon but it’s better to be clear of any germs before you meet him.
    Lilian hope the day hasn’t been too bad with R being away. That’s a lot of driving to do in one day, he is going to be exhausted when he returns.
    Hope everyone is safe and well, take care, love Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi everyone
    A gorgeous card, lovely background. Sad seeing wilted flowers for sell at the shops. Our Tesco had the same, so sad.
    Everything crossed Sonia for you soon feeling better so you can go and see the little man, wishing you better.
    Lilian, take care and wishes for you feeling better too
    Sending hugs to you all, Maria xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sandra and all looking in. This card is beautiful That background works so well and I see you decided to stick with that die cut hello. A lovely card altogether. I’m glad you had a nice relaxing weekend. Your garden is beautiful and you have so many birds don’t you xx
    Sonia, sad that you haven’t got to see Teddy I would feel just the same. You can’t take the risk of him catching anything can you. I really hope you feel clear of bugs so you can get that first cuddle xx
    We have been busy today as we went and saw two old friends. It’s always lovely to catch up with them. I hope you all manage to get some sleep tonight. Sending hugs. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete