Sunday 25 June 2023

Our White on White with a Pop of a colour cards












Good Sunday Morning Ladies,

Well yesterday turned out to be so humid, it was such an effort to do anything,  mind you I was feeling a little exhausted as I went to Ikea with Becca on Friday morning, I find IKEA as mentally exhausting as physically!!  Becca was also shopping for a specific style of curtains,  curtain poles etc, also work top swatches/samples, same for cupboard doors/ handles etc, they have totally stripped the kitchen, bathroom, flooring out of their new house and are rebuilding, really exciting for them, a lot of work though. So I basically acheived nothing yesterday,  apart from this blog post !! 

Your Challenge Cards 

Janet

Janet's Description:

All the dies apart from the baby basket / Efolder are SWilson. If I remember correctly the baby basket is a CCompanion die.

Such a beautiful card Janet, there is something so special about a white card made with lots of lacy die cuts, so gorgeous 😍 

Thank you so much for taking part XXX 

Maria






Maria's Description:

My cards are mostly white with some crystals and gold sentiments. 

Maria,  I hope you are feeling a little less exhausted today, that is the reason I stopped going to the NEC, its just too big to get around,  quite overwhelming and I found it frustrating that there were so many non craft stands mixed in with craft ones.

Anyway thank you so much for two beautiful cards, perfect for weddings or anniversary cards.  XXX



 Karen


Karen's Description:

Here’s a white card with a splash of colour 
John Lockwood die
Julie Hickey sentiment and Glossies There were 9 Glossies and 10 gerbera So covered one of the gerbera with a sentiment🀣

Such a clever solution to your lack of enough yellow glossies Karen, we wouldn't have known if you hadn't said anything πŸ˜‰  There is something so special about a simple daisy, your card is beautiful, thank you so much for inspiring us XXX


Lilian 


Lilian's Description:  

Hi, here is my card for this week, rather stuck for ideas, hope this is ok, I used an old embossing folder and a stencil I made. The leaves are a mistake. 

Thank you so much Lilian,  your care is beautiful,  it would make a beautiful wedding or anniversary card.  Those flowers are really pretty XXX

Sonia




Sonia's Description :

Card 1:  I used my glimmer foiling machine to do a letterpress with the foiling plate. I inked up the plate with Speckled Egg distress oxide, I also did the same for the sentiment. I added two Tim Holtz Butterflies.

Card 2:  I inked the edges of the butterflies with distress oxides. I die cut a circle and overlapped it on the edge of the card, trimming of the excess. The sentiment is from the Stamp Market.

Card 3:  I die cut the poinsettias and put them back into the cut outs. I added some Spun Sugar inked card underneath. The poinsettia centres are cut from a Spellbinders set and inked. The sentiments from the Stamp Market.

WOW Sonia,  all 3 of your cards are stunning,  I love all 3 designs,  using the Glimmer machine for Letterpressing gives such an amazing effect, I will definitely be giving that a try.  
The second card is such a simple design but my goodness it looks amazing! 
Now I had a sneek peek at this card earlier in the week,  I have been dying to see the whole card, I can confirm that it was worth the wait!! It's so lovely Sonia 😍
Thank you so much for three beautiful, inspirational cards XXX

Sue


Sue's Description:

Three super quick and easy cards. They were a last minute make after dropping an ink pad on my original challenge card!

Oh no Sue, you had that card mostly sorted on Thursday you must hafe been so frustrated!  
These three cards are perfect, even better if they are quick and easy to make! 
Thank you so much for starting over, I really do appreciate it XXX 



******************

Ladies thank you so much for a stunning display of cards, I really do appreciate every moment you invest in supporting our Blog ❤

Karen thank you so much for choosing this Challenge,  I have really enjoyed it XXX

I hope that you all manage to stay cool and comfortable today,

Love and hugs to all of you, 

Sandra
xxxxxx

4 comments:

  1. Lovely cards ladies Thank you for joining in
    We’re busy busy busy! But having great fun
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, all, very hot here again but very windy.
    Lovely cards today, I found this challenge quite a struggle, had to really think out of the box.
    Just finished watching the tennis from queens, very straightforward match.
    Have some ironing to do but it’s too hot, so will have to wait till later.
    Hope you are all having a lovely weekend, Lilian

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everyone
    What a lovely selection of beautiful cards today 😍
    I enjoyed this challenge, thank you Karen for suggesting it. Am looking forward to seeing everyone’s Christmas creations over the next two weeks 😊
    Work was unusually busy for a weekend and very hot πŸ₯΅ It’s blowing a gale out there now though. I’ve just hung out some washing so shouldn’t take too long to dry.
    Hope you’re all having a good weekend
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi everyone
    Many great cards ladies. Thank you Karen for the suggestion it. Hope your weekend has been good even if a bit hot.
    Feel sorry for you Sonia who had to work in this heat but it's rather nice tho that summer is here.
    I'm okay after Friday's outing and must say you are right Sandra about all other products that were sold and a lot for knitting and sewing. The hall was only half the normal size but still a fair bit of walking around was done during the day.
    Had a nice relaxing day, sat outside reading for a bit but the wind came up a lot this afternoon so had to have dinner indoors and not like yesterday when we had our little midsummer feast out on the patio πŸ˜€ Thanks Sandra for the magazine review, many useful stamps.
    Hope you all manage a good night. Lilian, leave the ironing to a cooler day, sure it can wait.
    Sandman on its way 😊 many hugs to you all πŸ€— xxx

    ReplyDelete