Tuesday 27 June 2023

Another Christmas card using my Backgrounds



Good Morning Ladies,

I hope today finds you well,  we had a busy day yesterday,  we went to view a house last week and we liked it but had a couple of questions so we asked to go back to view it again yesterday,  we had an appointment with the Estate agent at 12, as we arrived the landlord was walking across his yard so the Estate agent called him over to introduce us, well he kind of took over,  wanting to show us every bit of the garden, then he wanted to show Paul the summer house, garage and loft,  the Estate agent ended up leaving, so I was left wandering around while Paul was up the loft,  they them came down and wanted to show us their campsite and gardens, we ended up being there for an hour and a half !!!  To be honest they seem a lovely couple, very 'normal' and down to earth.  

My new chair is lovely and comfortable  thankyou,  Maria you could have a point,  it could be my weight that was causing the problem 🤣😂, the new one is holding up so far! 

Karen I am so pleased you had a lovely weekend,  I know how much you were looking forward to meeting Aljaź, was Janette there too?  It was lovely that Alan enjoyed it too.  Was there dance lessons or did you watch dancing?? 

Todays card I made yesterday afternoon, I was wanting to use up the background I used for yesterday's card, so I stamped the little Christmas tree that has text cut into it, it's a SU set, I stamped the tree and embossed with clear embossing powder,  I then took some white ink and rubbed it into the text areas that don't emboss, which highlighted the text a little more.                                  I embossed a piece of white card with a snowflake embossing folder, I mounted this piece onto a piece of card that I coloured with peacock feathers distress ink, I used the same ink for the sentiment too. I mounted everything onto a top folding card base.  That's that piece of background used up, onto the next !! 

I hope that you all have a lovely day,

Love and hugs, 

Sandra                                                                    xxxxxx 



5 comments:

  1. morning everyone
    A beautifully simple card but so so eye catching SANDRA.

    Well my wish for no more needles didn't happen. I need to have five B12 injections over the next two weeks so I'm now waiting for the surgery to ring with the appointments.
    It's K&N this afternoon so my first job this morning is packing my craft bag and by the end of the day I will be shattered.

    HUGS on their way to you all with many extras for all Dear Friends not feeling too well. I'm thinking of you all.
    Take care and stay safe.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely card Sandra
    Understandably you don’t get to really chat with the stars and you’re not allowed to video/photograph them during the lessons or showcases
    Surprisingly Janette was there She’s about 8 months pregnant and in this heat must be struggling They are a lovely couple Katya Jones partnered Aljaz in their show We had lessons with Karen Hauer and Gorka (cha-cha) Aljaz taught waltz Giovanni and Lauren taught jive also had lessons in tango, rumba quickstep and Argentine tango
    It was so so hot though it great fun
    Back to work with a bump today
    Enjoy K&N Janet I hope the vitB jabs help Did you buy some crafty things at the NEC Maria
    Take care everyone xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everyone
    a lovely card Sandra.
    Janet, have fun at K&N . Hoping the B12 injections will help you.
    Karen, most have been so exciting in meeting all the famous strictly come dancing people and see them dancing. I only bought a few stamps and glue and some other bits at the NEC.
    Sonia, Teddy is sooo cute. Good you had some rain so working feel easier. We need rain here but nothing came this morning.
    Popped to Lidl this morning for more fruit and veg. Trying to eat more healthier but it is hard at times...
    Sue, your cards are lovely so sorry the last one got damaged. Don't cry, hugs
    Brenda, really hope that you soon feel better. Just take it easy. Hugs and also for our Lilian, hope you okay x
    Have a nice day everyone. Big hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi everyone
    Love your card, the tree is beautiful.
    Glad you went back for a second viewing of the house. Sounds like it went well and could be the one? 😊
    Janet, sorry to hear you need more injections. Hope you’re enjoying K&N.
    A grey day here with a breeze, but not cold. Looks like we may get some rain!
    Hope you’re having a good day
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello All, very windy here today and much cooler, still no rain.

    Your card today is great, not in the Christmas mode yet.
    The house sounds great, hope it’s not too expensive.
    Just been watching tennis again today, my knees and back are bad again.
    Goodnight all, Lilian

    ReplyDelete