Friday 30 June 2023

Seaside Scene card

 



Good Friday Morning Ladies,

Now A) How is Friday already ?  B)  How can it be the last day of June???                                                      I know I say it every month but June has literally disappeared before our eyes, we have had birthdays, Father's Day, that all seem ages ago!  I know July will whizz by as we are preparing to move house 🙄😬🤔

Sue and I saw that Inkylicious were bringing out some new Seaside themed stamps and after watching them being demonstrated we couldn’t resist them, so when Sue came over yesterday we were excited to have a play with them, I will say that making the blended backgrounds wasn't as straightforward as it looked, getting the right colour blends etc, especially when we didn't have all of the right colours, between us we managed,  with a bit of swapping and sharing, for some reason our colours looked completely different to the ones on the demo (despite being the same inks) !  We had a good laugh though,  Sue was determined to get ginger orange sand 🤣, luckily she managed to calm the colour down!  That wasn't the funniest thing either, maybe Sue could tell you about her 'extra wide' Horizon line 🤣😂😅, ships could disappear through the gap and be lost forever! 😉 🤣

My card was actually breaking the rules as I used Distress Oxide inks, however I love how beautifully they blended so I went with them, I have two others that were made using memento inks, I will finish them off next week.  After inking I made sure the ink was dry before using an anti static bag and then stamping the water/waves, adding white embossing powder and heat setting.  To finish the card I stamped the sentiment in VersaMark and added more white embossing powder and heat set.  The final touch after mounting onto white card base was too add 3 tiny shells that we gathered on holiday!   I hope you like it ❤

I hope that you all have a lovely Friday,

Love & hugs to all, 

Sandra                                                                      xxxxxx 



3 comments:

  1. Hi everyone
    Fabulous seaside card. I like the blending, not an easy thing to do sometimes.
    Well after a huge blunder on my side and my husbands ... I am felling a bit lost today. Have spent the morning with crystal work and after a brunch I am doing some card making.
    Lilian, hope you are okay, wishing you better.
    Janet, hoping you are alright too. What did you make at K&N ?
    Thinking of our friends who used to be with us, I hope you are well and might join us again in crafting and doing some CC's
    Have a good day everyone. Many hugs are being sent to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sandra and all looking in. This is a gorgeous card. Those little shells are the perfect finishing touch. I think these stamps are some of the best but then I do have a deep love of the sea/beach. Yep, my horizon was slightly larger than intended 🤣 I forgot to think about the width of my masking tape so it was rather wide in fact 10mm wide 🤣🤣🤣
    I am looking forward to playing again but definitely with Distress Oxides. Thank you for a lovely time yesterday and see you Sunday xx
    Sending love to you all. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everyone
    I absolutely love everything about your card, it’s stunning 😍 Would look beautiful framed and hanging on the wall 😊
    A busy, distracting week which I’m glad is over! Five days off work to look forward to and Newbury craft show on Sunday and seeing you and Sue, and anyone else who might be coming 😍
    Hope everyone is keeping well and having a good day.
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete