Saturday 17 June 2023

Mixed Up Saturday

 



Good Saturday Morning Ladies, 

Please tell me that I am not the only one that has a problem throwing away boxes and jars or bits of ribbon from packaging???  I will admit that most of the time I don't get around to using what I save, so it does eventually get recycled!







As we are having a 'White' week I was  so excited to share our gorgeous Philadelphius or 'Mock Orange' with you, I was worried that it wasn't going to come back this year as I pruned it back quite hard in the Autumn, mostly because some of the branches had gotten so long the were hanging across the driveway.  Thankfully it has come back with more dense groups of flowers that it has ever had and the smell divine, especially in the evening.  
The other photo is of our beautiful Irises,  they are so beautiful,  sadly they don't last very long. 

Die Cutting Essentials 
Issue 104




This months issue has free gifts from Crafters Companion,  you get Stamps,  dies and downloadable papers.



This first feature shows projects using all of the free gifts combined, I have to say that I always forget about the downloadable papers!!  The cards are beautiful 




Technique Showcase:  this month Vanessa uses Heat embossed die cuts, layered up. Some of these cards are so pretty especially the daisy one.




Back to Basics:  Using die cuts the same colour as your background to give a 3D embossed look. I have done this technique and it looks really effective. Could be a great one for 'White on White' cards. 

 




Skills Booster:  this month is all a about using your Letter or Word dies to create fun  Shaker cards, now call me lazy..... but nobody has time for that level of foam taping (see above) 🤣😂





Nicky Gilbert has shared some amazing inspiration  for using the free dies, the step by step piece shows you how to use the die to create a circle aperture.  



I'm pretty sure this 'Colouring Die cuts' was featured a few weeks back, some of the cards are different though.  



Sandra Rayner works her 3D crafts magic using this months free dies & stamps, the boxes are really lovely, the gift bag is too.  I'm not sure I'd want it as Wall art though. 🤔!



Trend Alert: Floating Die cuts...
Something different,  using different die cuts to bridge an aperture between 2 pieces of card.  I'm not sure about this one ladies, it could just be the colours/ papers used but they look a little busy..




Skills Booster:  Pop -up Window cards

Such a fun idea, having an aperture card that 'pops up !!  Some fantastic inspiration too, something for everyone. 

******************

I hope that you all have a lovely Saturday, 

Love & hugs to all of you,

Sandra
xxxxxx

7 comments:

  1. morning everyone
    Another week gone and we're in the middle of the year!

    Jim has gone to M&S while I get one or two jobs done and then it's a 'doing nothing week-end' for us. well that's the plan.

    HUGS on their way to you all.Take care and stay safe.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi everyone
    That quote is so true! I’m forever holding onto boxes, ribbons and any packaging embellishments ☺️ I can honestly say that they’re hardly ever used and end up in the bin!
    Your flowers are beautiful. I love the ‘mock orange’. We still need to get some colour in our garden. Our beautiful lilac bush has finished flowering now, but we have our rose bush. Although the leaves have got black spot on them, and it’s a funny shape (it seems to be a bush and a climber at the moment - probably due to my lack of pruning skills) there are plenty of flowers and buds on it.
    A great magazine review, I like the freebies 😊 Thank you for sharing.
    It’s cloudy here at the moment and seems cooler. Mark was quite surprised to see me back to wearing my cardigan ☺️
    Have a lovely day everyone whatever you’re doing
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning everyone
    I might need it,so yes never throw anything away until I have a proper clear out. Have a box of all the bits I have cut off from my tops but hardly ever use 😉 The flowers are beautiful Sandra. Thank you also for the great magazine review. I held it in my hand the other day in Tesco but OH said no but going into town soon so it might come home with me then 🤭😊
    Had an awful night, sat here until three am this morning and got up again at seven for our boiler need some new parts and the guy was coming between 7 am and 6 pm. Luckily he is here now so not too bad. I just going to sit with my crystal art work today and catch up with programs on the planner.
    Have a lovely Saturday everyone. Many hugs to you all, Maria xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a great saying I collect boxes and all sorts I then recycle them because I haven’t used them in such a long time only to find that a week or so later I think “ooh I could have used that box I threw away last week!”
    The flowers are stunning We don’t have many flowers at all We have a few pansies still in bloom and a couple of pots with hydrangeas
    Thank you for the magazine review I bought some ….transparent I suppose it’s called thread to do floating die cuts a la Jenny MaGuire style
    A technician is due to sort out the internet I hadn’t realised how much I need it at the moment- for work, printer, television We’re out dancing tonight There is a live band playing Hopefully it will have cooled down by then Saying that I am sat here with a cardigan on!
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, sorry I missed yesterday, it’s very hot and humid here today, makes me feel unwell, joints and back really aching.

    Sandra I love your flowers, I have a mock orange but it has never flowered, I thought R must have chopped it.

    Great magazine review, lots of interesting looking articles, it must take ages to write it, thankyou.

    Has anyone had any rain? We are still waiting here, have to keep watering my tubs with a watering can as we have a hosepipe ban.

    Have a lovely weekend everyone, Lilian.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Sandra and ladies,
    Sorry I was missing yesterday, no excuse really, I sat down to comment and fell asleep, it was one of those days when I couldn’t keep my eyes open. Pleased to say today is much better, which is good because it’s our wedding anniversary - 62 years where has the time gone!
    Love Sophie’s card for Becca, I’m sure it was well received and definitely a card to treasure.
    Blooms in your garden are beautiful, it must be such a delight just to look at them as you come and go.

    Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don’t know what happened there I was cut off before I finished ha ha that could’ve been really painful. Today’s quote is so true. How often have we thrown something away and then thought days later I could’ve use that.
      Hope everyone is having a good day.
      Take care and stay safe, Hugs Brenda xxx

      Delete