Thursday 22 June 2023

A Brenda Throwback card

 



Good Thursday Morning Ladies,

I hope you got to enjoy the sunshine yesterday my lovelies, it was lovely here, we had a few very dark clouds that looked like they would break any moment but they just passed us by.  

I managed to get to see a GP yesterday for ongoing pelvic issues and finally got some progress, swabs done, scan booked, so fingers crossed we get some answers soon.  She even referred me to Audiology for my hearing/ Tinnitus, which is so bad at the moment that it is affecting my hearing, my ears are also insanely itchy!  So I actually left the surgery feeling like we had accomplished something.

Now there is no way we could go through a 'White on White' challenge without seeing this gorgeous card that Brenda made a few years ago using Sue Wilson New Your Dies and that stunning centrepiece is made up of Brenda's hand rolled ribbon roses.  I do love that delicate lace trim that you used on these cards Brenda, it's like it was made for these dies!  Thank you so much for allowing me to share your card my lovely XXX

I hope that you all have a lovely day, the forecast looks ok for today, a little bit of cloud and 24 degrees,

Sending my love and hugs to all of you,

Sandra                                                                                                                                                          xxxxxx



7 comments:

  1. morning everyone
    BRENDA I love love your card. I still love SW dies.

    We had a better day yesterday -still sun all day but the temp was a little down so better for getting one or two loads of washing done/dry and put away.

    HUGS on their way to you all with loads of extras for all Dear Friends not feeling too well.Take care and stay safe.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous truly gorgeous
    I am so pleased you seem to be making headway with GP’s Hospital appointments etc Sandra I’d keep a note of that GP’s name and insist on seeing her again if possible
    I am meeting a girlfriend for coffee later So I’m looking forward to that Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, we had a couple of heavy showers, but still very hot and humid.
    BRENDA what a beautiful card, your roses are perfect, a lady showed me how to do them , but never really got the hang of them.

    Watching tennis again today, so not doing much, caught up with a few jobs this morning, hoping to start my challenge card started later.
    Hope you are all ok in this heat. Lilian

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Sandra and everyone,
    Thank you for giving this card a NewLife Sandra. I loved using these dies from Sue Wilson they just worked so beautifully together, I added (to make it extra special ) Guipure lace to the card which was made for our eldest daughters cleaner. She was getting married, and we wanted to send her our best wishes, she was such a lovely young lady who fitted so well in with all the family.
    Hope you are all having a good day.
    Love Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi everyone
    I love your card Brenda, it’s stunning 😍 The roses are beautiful.
    Glad you’re getting some positive results from seeing the GP, and she’s at last referring you 😊
    Another warm day here, although it’s starting to cloud over.
    Hope you’re all having a good day
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi everyone
    Brenda, I love this card and your pretty little roses. Still like to know how to make them 😊
    Glad you got to see someone Sandra that seem to be listening to you, do write down her name like Karen say, not easy to find the right one.
    Well I had a pretty shitty day yesterday and still have a bit of problems today so haven't done much. I'm going to the NEC tomorrow so fingers crossed it will happen as I missed a few craft shows. Hoping they do one in Bedford or Ally Pally later this year.
    Reg the CC for the next fourtnight, you don't have to do my choice if you don't want to, it was just a suggestion 😀 and Karen, any colour ways would do.
    Going to take the washing in, look like it being some rain coming soon, hope it clear the air a bit.
    Sending hugs to you all, extra for the one who need some . Maria xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sandra and all looking in. Such a beautiful card for us to enjoy again. Brenda, you certainly are the number one of making those gorgeous roses. I hope you are not too tired today xx
    Sandra, I have everything crossed that this GP continues with getting you seen by the correct clinics at long last. It was lovely as always to spend time with you. And I get my weekly fix of all of your gorgeous flowers and plants. There is always something different to enjoy. I just wish I could remember all of the names of the plants like you do xx
    Life is all waiting for results at the moment for you Sandra and both Chris and eldest son aren’t at their best. Fingers crossed all of the results are negative. It is very humid here at the moment. A good storm with rain would be very welcome. Sending hugs and hoping you are all as well as possible. Take care xx ✅

    ReplyDelete