Tuesday 20 June 2023

A Christmas Gift Tag



 
Good Morning Ladies, 

I did think that making a Christmas tag would maybe help me feel a little cooler when I made it on Friday, I was 'channelling' crisp, cool snow as I was making the Tag but it didn't help, I was still sweating, despite being blasted by the fan, which is a nightmare in itself in my messy craft room, I have to make sure that everything is weighted down, otherwise I would in fact be sitting a snow storm of die cut 'bits' instead of snowflakes!  
Yesterday was a slightly cooler day, it was quite breezy, we did get a really good down pour of rain over a couple of hours on Sunday evening, it didn't do much in changing the humidity though!  The most important thing yesterday was that we got 3 loads of washing dry, "why 3 loads"  I hear you asking, especially after I had emptied laundry baskets on Friday, well there is a good answer.... Sophie tidied her room on Sunday evening!  Where 4 bath towels and 3 large hand towels appeared from in a week is a mystery in itself, especially as I did her laundry with her uniforms on Wednesday!   I just shake my head and make sure its all done, it's beneficial to get out in the sunshine while assisting Paul with the pegging out. Do your husbands peg your washing out the same way as you do????  It has taken a while but Paul has aced it now.  We go with the 'Tops by the bottom and Bottoms by the tops' rule !! 

Today's Tag was created with a Gemini 3D embossing folder, ( I embossed the tag after die cutting it) to preserve as much of that gorgeous embossing as possible!  I did cut the reinforcer for the tag in silver mirror card as well as the snowflakes as I thought it looked better.  I took my  SU Snowflake die collection and die cut a selection, the pretty snowflake swirl die was diecut in white, I then cut similar sized silver snowflakes and adhered them to it.  It's hard to see in the photo but the pearls have a lovely iridescent coating, they look like bubbles almost, I had also added some diamond pearl spritz to the white card before cutting the snowflakes. To finish the card I mixed a white satin ribbon with silver trim and sheer ribbon that has tiny iridescent sparkles all over it, as I thought that they complimented the snowflakes on the tag.  I may well make a matching card as I love how this tag turned out!  

I think that our next Challenge should involve lots of colour, so if any of you have any ideas please let me know. 

I hope that you all have a lovely day,

Love and hugs to all of you,

Sandra
xxxxxx

6 comments:

  1. Hi everyone
    I love your tag, it’s beautiful ๐Ÿ˜ I’m going to make at least one Christmas card for this challenge - white on white is perfect ๐Ÿ˜Š
    We’ve just had a massive downpour, with a rumble of thunder. It was raining when I got up at 4.30. I’ve walked Barney and now both of our coats are hanging on the airer in the bathroom. We got soaked, but fortunately made it back before the worst of it! It now looks to be brightening up.
    Mark is good at hanging out the washing too. We go by the same rules ๐Ÿ˜Š
    Hope you all have a good day whatever you’re doing
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. morningeveryone

    what a beautiful tag SANDRA.So expensisve looking.

    I'm off this morning to have bloods taken yet again. I then have to see my GP when the results are in.

    I have one or two cards which need to be made too.

    Washing is always hung out under supervision.lol.

    HUGS on their way to you all. take care and stay safe.xxxx
    After that I'm not sure what to do. I really need to get into my craft room.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everyone
    Beautiful tags, and why not stick with the Xmas theme and lot's of green, blue,red, silver and golds for next challenge. Like me you might have put it away for a while but other great colours works too. Just an idea ๐Ÿคญ๐Ÿ˜‰
    I hang the washing the same way. OH only helps when the king size covers need to be hanged...
    We had rain today first but still very muggy and it makes me feel yack and blรครครค so no crafting done.
    Sending hugs to you all. Hope you have a nice -ist day ☺️ xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea for the challenge and it’s beautiful If it isn’t used as a gift tag it could be a topper on a card It’s beautiful
    OH hangs out all of the washing and he does it my way - all T shirts etc are hung inside out underneath the arm pits - doesn’t make bottom sag or make marks on the shoulders and trousers etc are hung at the waistband
    I have a few things to make this afternoon I wonder if I can adapt one for the challenge
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Sandra and everyone, your tag is beautiful, Sandra and as Karen said it doesn’t have to be used just as a tag. It would look equally gorgeous as a topper on a card. Thank you so much for the inspiration.
    I have been taken out to lunch today a friend picked me up and brought me home. It was lovely there was just six of us just enough to enjoy everyone’s conversation and the food was good too.
    Hope you have all had a good day and whatever your plans are for the rest of the day. I hope they’re relaxing and enjoyable.
    Take care everyone. Love Brenda XXX

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, a little rain today, but still very hot and humid.

    Love your tag, this weeks challenge is ideal for Christmas, if I can find Christmas stuff.

    Sorry I missed yesterday, it slipped my memory.

    Been doing nothing but watch the tennis from Queens, which I love.we used to go every year, but not able any more.
    Goodnight all, Lilian

    ReplyDelete