Saturday 10 June 2023

Mixed Up Saturday


 

Good Saturday Morning Ladies, 

Today I am sharing with you Karen's amazing Workshop Projects from last weekend and I had a play with the Tissue paper technique and some different inks on Thursday so I will share the results below. 

Karen's Daisy B Workshop Projects









Karens Description 

I enjoyed all 4 projects 

They give you absolutely everything to be able to make them

Although I’m not brilliant I enjoyed trying to blend - like the skin The circle on the card was done with the smooshing doing things like tearing the piece of card with the text made all of the difference

MDF Projects:

Here are the 2 mdf projects 

All four projects was about choosing our own papers etc 

A little note pad cover decoupaged papers and stickers The hearts I heat embossed with their gold sparkly powder

Again the wall hanging we had to choose papers and as I’m not a very glittery person I triple heat embossed the letters with white embossing powder and the hearts with red

It was all about techniques etc


Karen thank you so much for sharing your workshop projects with us.  You really do get your moneys worth, with the products you use, the tuition and that amazing lunch box!  (See below)


3 different sandwiches 
Pork pie
Sausage rolls 
Quiche
Scone with butter clotted cream and jam
Lemon meringue tart
Victoria sandwich cup cape
Millionaire shortbread 
Brownie Very very tasty

Having chatted to the girls at a craft show you can tell that they are a lovely family, that do what they do for the pleasure not for the money.  It certainly sounds like you had an amazing day, learning new skills and techniques too, it was the colouring last time, this time you've tried quite a few new things from what you have described.  Its so lovely to know that Craft companies that do it for the love and not just the money do exist, you can definitely see that with Daisy B crafts.

Now lets see what stamps Karen was tempted to buy....

Karen's Shopping 






Oh Karen you bought some lovely stamps, I wasn't sure about the Santa suit until you shsred that finished card, it looks completely different coloured in!  The other 5 sets are gorgeous,  I really love the sentiments, you have so many different occasions covered in those sets.

Thank you so very much for sharing your experience,  I will definitely be joining you next time 🥰.

My Tissue paper technique results:






A very simple technique,  you add pva glue to a piece of card, I tried both watercolour card and Pink Frog smooth and results weren't really any different. After adding PVA you scrunch a piece of tissue paper and press it into the wet glue,  then add your colour, I used a few different inks and sprays, some with mica, the lady who I watched used Distress ink re-inkers but i didn't have many, so I just used what I had, although I didn't use Distress Oxide re-inkers as I thought the colours wouldn't be strong enough.  

I then put them aside to dry and you can leave tben or add a tiny amount of gilding wax to your finger, tap off most of it on your mat and gently rub over the creases and wrinkles, the wax brings them to life.  I tried to photograph so that the shimmer and shine would show but it didn't really.  I will die cut these with different kinds of dies and use them for the pop of colour on my cards next week.

Ladies I hope that you all have a lovely weekend, 

Love and hugs to all, 

Sandra                                                                    xxxxxx 


4 comments:

  1. Thank you for showing my makes from the Daisy B workshop I thoroughly enjoyed it and I personally think it was well worth the money when you think how much others charge for a couple of hours on-line They supply everything including glues colouring mediums stamps - absolutely everything Youvalso get a discount for any purchases you make on the day
    Your tissue paper technique looks interesting I have done something similar with Pixie Powders
    I don’t plan to do very much today The sun doesn’t like me My skin has flared up but I much prefer this to the cold
    Take care everyone and stay cool xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi everyone
    Love the quote 😊
    Karen your Daisy B workshop makes are fabulous 😍 it looks like it’s definitely worth going with them supplying everything, including the incredible looking lunch 😊
    Sandra, I love your tissue paper backgrounds, the colours are beautiful.
    I hope you’re all having a good day and managing to stay cool in this heat.
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, it’s a real scorcher here today, I have to stay inside out of the heat.
    Karen your makes are really great, can see why it was so enjoyable, we don’t have any classes near me, so have to put up with online classes. That lunch looks fabulous.
    Sandra interesting technique with the tissue paper, I might have a go at that.
    Hope you are all enjoying this lovely early summer, although the garden is desperate for rain. Have a lovely weekend,Lilian

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi everyone
    I like the quote 😊
    Daisy B , wonderful makes Karen. Love the stamps you bought and the lunch looking very good.👍
    Must try the tissue paper technique, need to get some tissue paper first.
    The colours are wonderful and looking forward to see what you make with them.
    Beautiful day with sun shining and a gentle wind. Washing got dry in no time. Sat outside for brunch but moved inside soon and have started a crystal art. It's a rather big one so will keep me out of problems for some time 🤭😀
    Many hugs are sent to you all, take care. xxx

    ReplyDelete