Wednesday 21 June 2023

Daisy Daisy....

 


Good Morning Ladies, 

I hope that you are all well my lovelies 😘, gentle hugs to those of you feeling under the weather 🤗.

Speaking of weather 'goodness me' did we have have rain yesterday morning!!!! It hammered it down through the night and early morning,  thankfully the sun returned in the afternoon, so I managed to get our bedding dry.  For some reason our fitted sheet and mattress protector move after a couple of days after being put on, like they stretch, I hate wrinkly bed sheets! 

Today's card I made yesterday afternoon,  I actually love how it turned out 😍.  I used a new stamp & die set called 'Cheerful Daisies ' from SU, I do love a daisy stamp/die.  I would love to get my hands on the Altenew 'Daisy Bed' Embossing folder but I have looked everywhere for it in UK and no luck 😪

Anyway I embossed a piece of white card, then cut that into 1 inch strips and added it a piece of white card slightly larger and then added that to white card base, then came the fun part,  I die cut the different layers of the daisies and added some colour to daisy centres using a waterbrush and a little Mustard Seed distress ink to the very centre of the daisy, then some of the new 'Bubble Bath' pink around the yellow.  Ooh did I faff with the sentiment, I must have stamped and used 6 different die options before choosing the one I used. The sentiment I did use was part of the new Daisy stamp set.  A few pink glitter gems and a bow to finish the tag.  I hope you like the card as much as I do. 

So Ladies....... Are you ready to start Christmas??? Maria suggested Christmas for our next Challenge, using lots of colour!  I will add that we were going to do a Christmas card each month, so we are little behind schedule! 🤣😂

I hope that you all have a lovely Wednesday, 

Love and hugs to all of you,

Sandra                                                                    xxxxxx 



4 comments:

  1. That’s a pretty card I was flicking through an old photo album of mine and came across one very similar to yours but with a weathered wood type background and thought how much I liked it
    The 2 wedding cards are done Hooray!
    I have a lung function test this afternoon and we’re also picking up Oscar from school So no crafting for me today unless I do some crochet this evening
    I like Maria’s challenge - maybe not multicoloured but I do need to make Christmas cards
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi everyone
    I love your card today. The daises and embossing are beautiful 😍
    I did a search for the Altnew folder and found it on Seven Hill Crafts (if it’s the right one) I have sent you the link my lovely 😊
    Christmas is a great idea for the next challenge. I’ve made a few cards, but nowhere near enough!
    Not doing much today so it will be a quiet one.
    Have a lovely day everyone
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card today Sandra, I love the soft hint of colour, it looks really classy and expressive.
    Had a restful day today I just felt drained of energy and my back aches, it also feels as if I’ve been kicked in backside. I’m sure it will be ok after a good nights rest.
    Hoping everyone is well, take care and stay safe. Hugs Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi everyone
    Gorgeous card, love everything about it.
    Had a awful day because of ibs so have not done anything, tomorrow is another day.
    Very sorry Brenda to hear you in so much pain, take care.
    Lilian, hope your day have been better, you take care too.
    Sending hugs to you all. Sleep well xx

    ReplyDelete