Thursday 1 June 2023

A Clean & Simple Romantic card






Good Morning Ladies, 

Welcome June !!! How are we almost half way through the year?        

Today is a very special day for our Sonia as she awaits the birth of her Grandson, my thoughts will be with you all day, James must be so excited. I hope you don't have to wait too long to meet  baby boy 💙

We had an overcast, windy day, great for drying washing though.  I lost about an hour in the morning looking on Temu, that place sells everything you can think of and many more that you would never think of !!  I never really got on with Ali Express, Temu is easier because of the free postage,  Ali Express used to advertise things for free but you had to pay postage,  which all seemed daft, then you would get to check out and the combined postage was huge, then you had almost forgot about your order before it eventually arrived.  My order from Temu was here within a week!  I watched a couple videos on YouTube of people showing you what they ordered and what they actually received,  one lady had ordered a ladies (pink) drill, also a Dremel type tool with loads of different attachments, I would never order electrical things from anywhere like that, I can't imagine for one minute that any of the components are responsibly sourced.  Maybe people should do videos of the items still in use 6 months on, to see if they still worked. 🤔   But for our crafty bits I think its worth a visit. I will say that I wouldn't knowingly buy something that was a direct copy of someone's work, be it Tim Holtz,  SU, or whoever.  Let's face it you can buy products that breach copyright from major tv shops too these days! 😉😲🙄! 

Today's card is one of those cards that I have seen loads of on Fb and Pinterest recently,  I love the simplicity of them, so I decided to have a go, I used a selection of foliage dies, the card base is a Linen effect card, I created a mat of the same card with seven lines scored down one side, I built my little focal point on those score lines, starting with silver thread, then the foliage and heart stem, finally I added the sentiment,  which was from SU 'Lasting Lily' stamp set, I embossed the sentiment with silver powder to tie in with the other silver elements, I offset the sentiment with an embossed piece of paper, cut on an angle for interest, I finished my design with 3 tiny silver gems. 

I hope that you all have a lovely day,

Love & Hugs to all of you,

Sandra                                                                    xxxxxx 




3 comments:

  1. I hope it all goes well Sonia I will be thinking of you all today
    Let’s not get too hasty - 5 months have passed so we not quite halfway through the year but it’s scary!
    I love your card and offsetting the sentiment on embossed card is so effective I must try and remember that
    We are looking after Oscar this afternoon for a couple of hours I think we might do a bit of baking
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi everyone
    I love your card today, it’s beautiful 😍 I think the simplicity of it makes it so popular.
    Thank you so much 😘 We are very excited and I will keep you updated with any news 💙☺️
    Our weather was the same here yesterday too, we even had a little rain first thing but it did brighten up. Looks like it’s going to be much the same today, although no rain as of yet!
    I had a quick look on Temu, and was amazed at everything they sell. I’ve never been keen on ordering from Ali Express, due to hearing the length of time it takes to arrive. I was annoyed when my Clarity Stamps order took nearly 2 weeks! Perhaps I’ll give Temu a go.
    Have a lovely day everyone whatever you’re doing
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello all, another lovely hot sunny day.
    Congratulations to Sonia on the birth of your new Grandson.
    Sandra love your card today, white on white is so classy, especially with the embossing.
    Managed to get a card finished for this week, just have to photograph it and send it to Sandra. I not good at clean and simple cards, keep wanting to add more.
    Have a lovely evening , Lilian

    ReplyDelete