Thursday 27 June 2024

Pretty Pink Dahlia

 



Good Morning Ladies,

Well today I start the long awaited Bladder Instillation treatment, I have to say I am very apprehensive about it, I know that the Cystoscopy made my bladder flare up quite badly,  so I am expecting this to do the same.  Although the liquid the put in your bladder contains Lidocaine which is numbing I believe so maybe that will help.  This treatment runs for 3 months I believe,  starting weekly, then fortnightly and then monthly.  I am at the point that I would try pretty much anything!  So fingers crossed 🤞 it works xx

I made todays card yesterday, it was so warm in my craft room that I just wanted to do something quick  to put together. 

I started with a white card base, then a mat of Berry Burst card, I then embossed a piece of card to give the white background some interest, the main focus if the card is the pretty dahlia,  I stamped the background colour Berry Burst, allowed that  to dry and then stamped the detail layer in Versamark ink and added White embossing powder and heat set.  I gives a more subtle effect than adding the detail layer in a darker shade.  

To finish the card I stamped the sentiment in matching ink and cut with a flag tail label die, I added foam pads and popped a matching bow at the end. 

I hope that you all have a cooler and more comfortable day,

Love & Hugs to all,

Sandra xxx


3 comments:

  1. A beautiful card I’m not a pink person but I love this shade
    I hope this treatment helps This being the first one you might feel like s**t afterwards but think of the final one where (hopefully) you will feel so much better
    We are going out for lunch with sister in law and husband I’m looking forward to having a catch up (after her op and their holiday) and escaping the banging and drilling!
    It does feel a little cooler today but still very humid
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sandra and all looking in. Didn’t realise I had missed yesterday but loved Janet’s card. So good that she is getting out and about a little now she has a scooter.
    Sandra, love today’s card. Using white instead of black embossing powder makes such a difference doesn’t it. That stamped flower is gorgeous. Fingers crossed it goes well this morning and in a few months you are free from repeated uti’s 🤞🏼xx
    Pop is very up and down at the moment and getting very confused so it’s pretty stressful at the moment. We will get sorted in the end though.
    I hope you all have a good day. Take care. Love Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everyone
    A gorgeous card Sandra. Thinking of you and hoping after everything you will see the end of uti's.
    Nice day here and not too hot because we have a wind blowing.
    Haven't done much but got a card together so will send it in a minute.
    Many hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete