Wednesday 12 June 2024

Berry Burst is still a favourite 😍

 


Good Wednesday Morning, 

I like Wednesday,  we are over the midweek 'hump' and almost at the weekend !!  Not that we have anything planned, apart from Becca's event on Sunday for her Birthday & fathers day,  thr only sad thing is that both Matt and the girls are working and will miss it, which is sad for both Becca & Paul.

Now talking of Becca's Birthday,  last year she had a bucket list of 30 things to do before turning 30, one of them was a Hot Air Balloon trip, so I booked up for her and the four of them paid for Paul for Father's day,  we booked through Virgin Experiences,  however because Becca's arthritis had a major flare up, mainly her knee and elbow (which is still stuck stiff in bent position,  they are going to try and clear out the joint in surgery, she is just waiting for a date) anyway the combination of the two problems meant she'd really struggle with getting in and out of the basket and she wouldn't enjoy it as much, so it was put on the back burner,  Paul and I had a couple if experience vouchers for a couple of years and they were fine.  I went on to book them for near to her Birthday, before the vouchers were 1 year, just in case, but oh no they were both expired,  the agent told me that they had been redeemed and expired,  I assured him that they hadn't and explained the situation as above, he then came back and told me that one of the vouchers could be extended if I pay £20 but the other one couldn't,  that was it, problem resolved,  I was hopping mad as they were £130 each !!  So I emailed back saying NO the matter isn't resolved,  the vouchers were bought at the same time on the same card for the same experience, how can one be extended and not the other?!   I went to explain that I intended to keep this going until he gave meca reasonable explanation!  Well persistence paid off, he was clearly sick if hearing from me, he went in to explain that he had typed one code in wrong,  after re-entering the right code he saw that I was right and he said that both could be 'refunded ' but the money just goes back into your Virgin experience account, so I can now rebook!!                 The lesson I learnt from this is don't accept the first solution offered in these circumstances,  just keep fighting until you get a satisfactory solution! 

Today's card features Berry Burst card and ink, I layered the base card with Berry Burst card, cut with deckle edged trimmer, stamped a bit of foliage on the background and tried a tip I saw online about leaving your die cuts in the paper they are cut from while you colour them, you can acheive a more varied colour than just using a blending brush on the die cut piece itself, it's like you can start the gentle blending before you get to the flower, I tried it and liked how much more control I had with the depth of colour. 

I matted a little die cut panel onto a piece of Berry Burst card and popped it onto my background, I placed the flower onto the panel and added the tiny 'Hello' sentiment to finish. 

I hope you all have a good 'hump ' day,

Love and hugs to all, 

Sandra xxx 



5 comments:

  1. I am so glad you managed to sort the experiences out and worth noting that you/we need to persist
    Shame that the girls and Matt cannot make Sunday BTW has Matt started his new job and is he enjoying it
    The card is lovely and what a great tip We are going bathroom furniture shopping this morning and bowls roll up this afternoon
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi everyone
    Oh I do love the colour of berry burst too. A very pretty card.
    Good on you to persevere reg the tickets, hopefully you can use them for something special soon.
    Mojo not here πŸ˜” just sitting and listening to some music and scrolling through YouTube or Pinterest but nothing.
    Hope you all have a good day and feeling better, but where is summer ? I'm blooming freezing here πŸ€”
    Many hugs to you all, Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everyone
    A beautiful card today, and great tip about colouring 😍
    Such a shame Matt and the girls are working and will miss the party πŸ™
    Glad you got the matter resolved with the vouchers - they should honour them whatever as you’ve already paid for them!
    It’s not just you Maria, it is blooming freezing! Wish summer would hurry up and arrive!
    Have a good rest of the day everyone
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Sandra and everyone,
    Lovely card today, berry burst works so well on this card, it’s a brilliant colour to use for any occasion, the centre focal point sits beautifully on the background.
    What a shame Matt and the Girls are working this weekend and will miss spending time with Paul on Father’s Day, I’m sure they will still make a fuss of him. Pleased your persistence paid off with Virgin and the hot air trip will happen at some time in the future.
    Today hasn’t been very warm although sunshine was forecast, it was warmer outside than inside, let’s hope it improves by the weekend🀞
    Take care everyone, hugs Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, very cold and windy ,but great for drying the washing. Rain tomorrow and gales.

    Love your card , great idea to use some foliage behind your main piece.

    Had some poppy plants arrive today, they had upset in their container, so we’re very bedraggled looking, have sent them an email with photos, so hope for another lot.

    Good night all Lilian.

    ReplyDelete