Friday 28 June 2024

New Challenge

 













Good Friday Morning Ladies, 

Grab a brew, it's a long one....


Well I know I say it most weeks but goodness me this week has flown,  it's been a busy week, Paul has been in the office for most of if, then I have  had appointments to think about,  today is no exception,  Soph & I are at Opticians this morning then Paul will take me Gloucester Hospital for my Liver Fibrosis Scan, its at 3.45pm. I cannot eat or drink for 3 hours before the scan,  so I will definitely be taking a packed lunch for straight after the scan, it's more the  not being able to drink that's a challenge as I have was advised to drink at least 2 litres of water a day by my Consultant Urologist.  I think I am most apprehensive about this scan as I know that there is a problem with my liver, both from previous scans and blood test results, had the new GP had the sense to check back through my blood test results for the past few years it would probably have gone on longer,  she was shocked that I had never been referred for a FIB4 Liver scan given the blood test results had consistently been a good bit above the highest level for last 3 years at least.  Lets hope that whatever the findings are its something that can be treated. 

My bladder treatment went ok after a minor hiccup regarding level of blood in my urine, I explained that every sample I have had tested has had blood in it due to the inflammation and my bladder was really inflamed through Wednesday night, although I'm not sure why.  Anyway after consulting a Dr it eventually went ahead, the procedure itself isn't too bad  they insert a catheter and have a syringe filled wire the 'cocktail' that they slowly put in,  I then had to 'hold onto'  the medication for up to 3 hours if possible,  which I expected would be tricky but it really wasn't,  I  am hoping and praying that it was down to the effect of the medication,  wouldn't it be fantastic if it had an effect straight away?!  It was an odd sensation having the feeling of a full bladder but no feeling of needing to 'go' !! 
I have the treatment weekly for 4 weeks them fortnightly fot a couple more and then it goes to Monthly right up to Christmas, then I will have a meeting with Consultant to check progress, if necessary it can just be continuous until no symptoms remain. 
Its basically a cocktail of drugs, one of which is Hyaluronic Acid, they work together to recreate the protective lining of the  bladder, this coating called 'Glycosamimoglycan', mine will have been eroded away by the many UTi's I have had over the last years, which leaves the bladder totally unprotected  from the very acidic urine it holds.  It was fascinating learning about it yesterday.  The treatment is called  iAluRil'

Our Next Challenge 

I really felt like I needed a change of challenge topic, so I looked at July 2020 and it the first challenge I saw was aperture cards!  

I want to simplify it though so our Challenge will be  'Aperture & Faux Aperture' cards.

This means you can choose whether to actually cut an aperture in your card OR give the 'effect' of an aperture like some of the cards above.  Even a background die that cuts into the card front will count. ( I have a few of these that I haven't used in ages). 
I hope you enjoy this challenge,  its certainly one that we haven’t done in along time. 

****************

I hope that you all enjoy this last weekend of June,

Love & Hugs to all, 

Sandra
xxxxxx



3 comments:

  1. This is an interesting challenge I hope I can get one created but next week the house will be in utter chaos with builders milling about and will be on the landing right outside my craft room
    I hope this bladder treatment helps and it sounds like they will carry it on until you don’t have symptoms, which is good
    I hope the liver scan gives you results that will be treatable
    Going to a funeral later today and then out dancing tonight
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi everyone
    Great challenge for next week. I will try to take part, but my mojo has gone on holiday and I’m not really feeling like crafting at the moment!
    Hoping that the bladder treatment is a success for you and your scan goes ok today 🥰
    Last of 5 weekends working in a row this weekend, thank goodness. It’s been tough and I’m looking forward to a few days off in a row the beginning of next week.
    Hope you all have a good weekend
    Sending hugs to you all xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Sandra and everyone,
    What a wonderful selection of inspiration you have given us for the next challenge, I’m sure we will all be inspired by your amazing cards, thank you dear friend xxx
    Hope the medication helps with your problems. It must be so frustrating for you having to repeat what your problems are every time you get seen, they have your notes to refer to.
    Sleep well, goodnight, love Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete