Sunday 12 March 2023

Your Spring challenge projects

 




Good Sunday Morning Ladies, 

Oh what an exciting day, although it is a very early start!!  Paul set his alarm for 6am 🥺🥱 I will probably wait until 7am, making sure everything is ready on Saturday night. 

We made sure we had a relaxing Saturday,  we teally didn't do anything exciting,  we had a long leisurely brunch with Sophie, she is really enjoying cooking at the moment and loves experimenting with new ingredients,  I'm not sure I could cope with olives in my breakfast/ brunch, her foid always smells amazing though.  In the afternoon I sat and made a card for Paul's Mum for Mother's Day,  I really enjoyed making a card instead of a Thrinchie! 

Now let's have a look at your Challenge projects ...

Lilian 



Lilian's Description:

Hi, here are my cards for this week, first one is my take on a thrinchies, not what it’s supposed to be like but all I could think of. Second is my spring card, mostly using very old stuff.

Lilian, Oh My Goodness!!! Your Thrinchie is brilliant!! You have perfected the art on your first attempt, I hope you enjoyed making it  I think they are great to make instead of a card each week. 

Your Spring card is beautiful I love that background, did you use a stencil?  The effect is stunning.  

Thank you so much for taking part XXX 

Sue




Sue's Description:

For this Challenge card I used a Circular sentiment die from the Works and the Tulip die is a Freebie.

The Daffodil stamp on the second card is a freebie from Simply cards Issue 240. 

Two beautiful Spring cards Sue, that daffodil stamp is beautiful. Thank you so much for taking part XXX


Sonia

Sonia has created another amazing Journal page using her Tracey Hey stamps, the Film strip really makes the page, it draws your eye in  the butterfly is made using Sonia's favourite Tim Holtz die! 

Thank you so much my lovely,  XXX

Karen




Karen's Description:

Card 1: Aall&Create Lily of the Valley stamp, card inspired by a Janet Pring card. 

Card 2: A Serif card with Birds Decoupaged onto the background .

Karen, thank you for two lovely cards, I love the Lily of the Valley stamp,  the monochrome design allows the details of the stamp to shine.  

Now you haven’t made a Serif card for a while, you haven't lost the knack though!  I love your card, the birds are beautiful,  I love the amount of detail,  like the reflection of the bird in the bird bath and the snail and Ladybird.

Thanks again my lovely XXX

*******************

Ladies thank you once again for an amazing display, I am as always so grateful to all of you ❤️ 

I hope that you all have a lovely Sunday, 

Love and hugs to all of you, 

Sandra                                                                                  xxxxxx



6 comments:

  1. Early start for me I need to make sure I have a breakfast ready for the busy day ahead I am really looking forward to seeing you Sandra later on and to actually see craft items in the flesh I will be mainly buying consumables like Limetree and Pink Frog cardstock and glues as the Miss P Loves dies appear to have sold out everywhere I expect there might be a couple of Aall and Create stamps that might just fall into my basket!
    Great inspiration for Spring Cheerfully enough we have sunshine and I can hear birdsong
    Oh Lilian Your Thrinchie is perfect! I love it You should feel very proud of yourself and thank you for having a go
    Off to finish getting ready for AP I wish we could all meet up and look at each other’s bargains etc
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning everyone
    Lovely cc's ladies and well done Lilian for making a thrinchie.
    Have a good day everyone and enjoy AP for you who are going today.
    Hugs to you all 🤗 xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Sandra and ladies,
    Such lovely challenge cards today, giving us a real breath of spring.
    Running a bit later than expected but on my way to Alexander Palace, I really excited to be able to get there looking forward to seeing some of you ladies xx
    Hope everyone else is having a good day. Will do catch up with you later.
    Hugs Brenda xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi everyone
    Lovely selection on display today, they’re all beautiful 😍
    I hope you’re all having a lovely time at Ally Pally, and buying lots of lovely goodies 😊
    Enjoy the rest of the day everyone
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sandra and all looking in today. A wonderful selection of cards. They are all lovely and as usual several different styles.
    I’m sat in the car with Sandra and Paul my way home home from Ally Pally. It was sooo good to see you Brenda and Karen. I didn’t buy much but will send a photo of my goodies to you tomorrow Sandra. Thank fir a lovely day. Sending love snd hugs to you all. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, All hope you all had a lovely time at the craft show.

    Lovely cards on show today, all so different. I’m hoping to do another thrinchie this week, it’s surprisingly difficult to fit everything in such a small space.

    It’s been raining here all day, the weather forecast doesn’t seem to advise of any warm weather. Our daughter and son in law are coming next weekend so I hope it warms up.
    Have a goodnight, Lilian

    ReplyDelete