Tuesday 21 March 2023

A very simple Background card

 


Good Morning Ladies, 

I hope today finds you well, we had a very wet and dismal day yesterday, it felt chilly too.  We had the morning 'off line' as we had a chap in doing an electrical check, they have never been as thorough as he was, he was up and down the stairs, in all rooms, we had to unplug absolutely everything in the house, you don't realise how many things you have plugged in until you have to unplug them, it was because he was putting 500 volts through the system to check that everything trips off, the most awkward socket to get to was behind my huge craft unit, luckily Soph was home and managed to climb in and unplug the internet box.  Apparently this is a problem with something so he has to come back and test every single socket in every room, that will be a nightmare job.  Paul was relieved when he had finished so he could get back to work, I was just glad to have Pinterest back 🤣😂

Today's card was a quick one, well I say that I did about three hours research beforehand,  I just couldn't make my mind up which direction to go in.

I masked off my card front with a piece of scrap paper that I had die cut a circle out of on the right hand side, I then took an old Hero Arts stamp script stamp called 'La Letter' and stamped over my mask, I removed the mask to reveal my simple stamped background...

I then took a small flower stamp from a SU set called 'Background Bits' and stamped the flowers over the script background.  To finish I added a small 'Thank you' stamp.  A very clean and simple design! 

I hope you have as good a day as possible, 

Love and hugs to all of you,

Sandra                                                                    xxxxxx 


5 comments:

  1. Morning Everyone
    from a very damp and dull morning here.
    SANDRA I really love your 'background' Simple yes but so beautiful and definitely comes into my 'less is more' box.

    It's K&N this afternoon and I have to say I'm a little nervous as I haven't been for a while. I have a bday card which needs putting together so that's my task this afternoon.
    I also have to book my next prescription this morning so that's my day sorted.

    HUGS are on their way to you all. Please take care and stay safe.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A gorgeous simple background So effective Work was exceptionally busy yesterday and today looks like it’s going to be the same as I’m off tomorrow I need to ensure my jobs will be covered
    I hope K&N goes well Janet I miss not going to my little craft group
    Rumba and waltz tonight!
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everyone
    Love everything about your pretty card today 😊
    Hope everything is back to normal today after being ‘offline’ yesterday. I don’t think we realise how much we take these things for granted ☺️
    Janet, hope K&N is going well this afternoon.
    Karen, hope you get everything sorted at work for tomorrow. Enjoy dancing tonight.
    Another cold, wet and breezy day here….doesn’t feel much like Spring at all!
    Have a good rest of the day everyone
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Sandra and everyone,
    I have to say that this card really works for me, fits both categories Less is more and Clean and fresh it’s gorgeous.
    Went out out to lunch today with teachers I used to work with, they are all so funny when it comes to sorting out the bill (more often than not we just split it) they will say give the bill to Brenda she was always the one in charge of the money! Actually I just worked in the office ok I was doing finance - and they all have a degree, it never fails to make me smile.
    Hope your day was good, take care. Hugs Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi everyone
    A wonderful card Sandra, Love it's simplicity but it would have taken me a day to make.
    I managed to get out for a few hours today but so tired back home so not much done but nice to get out for some air and people watching again.
    Hope you all had a good day and will have a good night. Many hugs to you all xx

    ReplyDelete