Sunday 26 March 2023

Your Simple Background Challenge projects








Good Sunday Morning Ladies, 

We had a long day yesterday,  the weather was bright for the most part, Adam and Becca were sat relaxing having breakfast before we managed to get off the M25 !  They had a 7hr flight to Dubai, a long lay over then a 9 hr flight to Bali, I made sure to remind Becca that she had to get up every hour to keep her knee from swelling too much. I don't know how she managed to carry that Backpack but she did ok.  They should arrive this evening,  she is going to message me. 

Your Challenge Projects 

Sonia



Sonia's Description:

Card 1:  For this card I was inspired by Amanda Branston who demonstrates for Lavinia Stamps. I used a selection of stamps, stamping with distress inks. I then spritzed with water to get a watercolour effect. The dandelions were stamped after but not spritzed. I added some little dots of gilding flakes. The sentiment is part of a larger inkylicious stamp.

Card 2:  I inked up a grid stamp with distress inks and spritzed with water before stamping. I doubled up on Tim Holtz butterfly and added sentiment, again from a larger inkylicious stamp.

Wow Sonia, 2 amazing cards, I love your backgrounds, your first card looks so 'arty' you could frame that and have it as wall art!  Thank you so much for taking part my lovely XXX 


Karen









Karen's Description:

Thrinchie 1:    A simple background using JL embossing folder I’m cheating and using it as part of the Thrinchie challenge - clocks.  
Here’s the finished piece  .......
A Thrinchie from Tracy Evans’ challenge I wanted to try monochrome(ish)
I used a John Lockwood EF and swiped the card with Speckled Egg DO - simple background 
I stamped #566 twice Triple embossed the clock I used the sentiment “Fragile” from same set as to me time is very fragile I used a 3B pencil and paper stump for shading which I really enjoyed doing

Thrinchie 2:  Here’s a simple background that I created using Mustard Seed and Worn Lipstick DO on a stencil which I then spritzed with water.  Kat leant me stamp with quirky critters on so I used that  to create Quirky Thrinchie 

Oh Karen I love both of your Thrinchies, that JL clock E Folder has an incredible deep, crisp emboss, I love the colour you have used to brush over it.  A perfect background to your clock Thrinchie.  The colours you chose for the background of your Quirky Thrinchie work so well with those beautifully coloured characters the shading on the blue one is incredible. Thank you so much for two very inspirational Thrinchies XXX 


Lilian 


Lilian's Description:

Here is my card for this week. Unknown embossing folder, dies are Stampin up Poppy moments, old ink pad called Kaleido colour, rainbow raised dye in pad, called autumn leaves.   

Such a gorgeous rich colour on those flowers Lilian, that embossing folder is so pretty and works well with the flowers position.  The flowers look like they have a sparkle to them too.  Thank you so much for taking part,  I imagine you have been exhausted this week after having a busy weekend with family XXX    

Maria





Maria's Description:

Card 1. I used a stencil, think it is by C. expressions and coloured with Distress Inks. Heat embossed the HB twice and then used a Butterfly I had in my stash.

Card 2. Here I used three colours of Metallic Water Colours.    Stamped the Owl by Crafty Individuals in black and a Happy Birthday.

Card 3. Here I first used two colours Distress Inks and the used a Butterfly also by Crafty Individuals. Die cut around and a few crystals from my stash finished the card off.

OMG!  Maria, your cards are so amazing!!  I love the bright vibrant colours of your first card and that amazing crisp clean finish you have acheived with your stencil.  
That owl is so majestic, I love the metallic watercolour wash behind him and the splatters finish the card off perfectly. 

I really love this mixed media Butterfly stamp Maria, the colours you have used really add to the mixed media style,  that die you have used to cut it out is so delicate and the sentiment works so well with image.  

Thank you so very much for making three amazing,  inspirational cards my lovely,  I really appreciate you supporting the challenge,  have a lovely time in Amsterdam XXX

Sue

Sue's Description:



Sue what an amazing effect, your card is amazing   I like the idea of having the sentiment in place of the body of the butterfly.  You must be so pleased with the result.  Thank you so much for taking part my lovely XXX 





**************************

Ladies what a wonderful, colourful display of cards we have produced this week,  you are all so amazing and I really appreciate your support ❤

I hope that you a have a lovely restful Sunday,

Love & hugs to all of you,

Sandra                                                                    xxxxxx 

8 comments:

  1. Wow Wow Wow! Gorgeous cards everyone I think a few of us have used a stencil but all with different techniques
    Enjoy Amsterdam Marie
    Hello Mrs A I hope you visit this wonderful blog again and maybe join in the challenges occasionally
    I changed the living room clock and alarm clock Now I’m off to change all of the others - ovens, medical devices, heating etc etc
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen, love your cards. The clock ef looks great with that shade of DO over it. I don’t know if you also have the matching clock die set from JL? I bought it in a charity shop a while ago (for £3!) so I would be more than happy to cut some and pop them in the post for you. I hope your hip is feeling much better now and I have everything🀞 that the results of your stress test are good xx

      Delete
  2. Hi everyone
    Absolutely love all of the creations on display today 😍 So many different backgrounds. I’m loving this challenge 😊
    Hope Becca and Adam have a lovely time, the long flight will be worth it when they get there 😊
    I’m in to work this evening for a short shift, but then have 3 days off. Lots of crafting on the agenda, and I will eagerly be awaiting an order I placed with Lavinia Stamps ☺️
    Hope you all have a lovely day
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everyone
    Wow look at this display of challenge cards, it's a great show and I love them all 😊
    Sorry Sandra and Karen but we are in Santander in Northern Spain not Amsterdam, that was Sonia's Son who was there. 🀭 but both fantastic places and we have been so lucky with the weather here this weekend for it only rained last night. Very windy tho so cheeks are stinging a bit this evening 😊. We had a lovely room Friday night but when we came back last night something had made the floor in the bathroom flooding so we had another room last night. We didn't like that one so tonight we are in room number 3 πŸ˜‚ all on the same floor so not much problem moving the luggage around πŸ˜‰
    A long flight for Rebecca and Adam but it will be worth it, hope they have a wonderful time 😊
    Lovely to see you in Mrs A.hope you are doing well.
    Many hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous display of challenge cards today, I love the brilliant backgrounds you have all created, THANK YOU ladies for your inspiration. xx
    What a journey Becca and Adam have had, hope Becca remembered to take mum’s advice and exercise her knee every hour. I’m sure they are having a wonderful time. xx
    Hope you have all had a good weekend and looking forward to another busy week, mine starts off with a blood test in the morning then on Thursday I have a hospital appointment, it’s at the local hospital (in Croydon) so not I full day … I hope.
    Take care and enjoy your week, Hugs Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, we have had a lovely day, that cold wind has calmed down.

    Fabulous show of cards today, your all look so modern, make mine look very “old fashioned “ .

    Feeling vert tired today, although I’ve not done anything.
    Goodnight all, Lilian

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sandra and all looking in.
    Beautiful cards from everyone today. All different and interesting.
    Lilian, your poppies are stunning, so much depth of colour xx
    Usually I don’t know the item names and details of things I have used so I tried to pick out things that I actually knew the brand names etc. if for once.
    Something I would say to anyone starting out on their journey no matter in which craft, l would be to keep a record of their stash as they get it. I wish I had as it’s annoying not knowing when you want to look up ways that the item has been used for inspiration or to reorder etc. Now I try to remember to take a photo, make a note of names, numbers and also the date bought, cost, where from and finally when it is opened. I am going to make journal for this purpose, just deciding which way I want to go with the style etc. Hello Pinterest…… 🀣
    Sleep well. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. We willen graag de uitzonderlijke service erkennen die we tijdens het hele herfinancieringsproces hebben ontvangen. De professionaliteit en kennis van de heer Pedro van de leningmaatschappij was indrukwekkend en werd echt gewaardeerd. De heer Pedro is een betrouwbare leningfunctionaris. In het verleden hebben we ervaring met verschillende andere banken en vonden we het proces frustrerend en vervelend. De heer Pedro deed het onmogelijke om ervoor te zorgen dat aan al onze behoeften werd voldaan en dat alles grondig en efficiΓ«nt werd afgehandeld. We hebben en zullen hem in de toekomst blijven aanbevelen.” Mr Pedro Contact E-mail:
    pedroloanss@gmail.com WhatsApp+1-510-854-9661

    ReplyDelete