Monday 6 March 2023

Hexagon Thrinchie

 


Good Monday Morning Ladies,

We have an exciting week this week as we count down to Ally Pally,  I feel like we haven't been to a big decent craft show in ages.  I must remember to write a list!  

It would be so lovely if you could travel up Lilian to come to a show with us or even just come up to meet up with us if R was coming up on one of his trips, I am determined to meet up with you one way or another.  

Gina do you go to Craft shows?  It would be lovely to meet up you too, I can't remember what part of the country you are in?. 

Today's Thrinchie's theme is Hexagons, so I used Aall&Create #649 'Clipped Botanicals' which features Spring flowers, so I thought that would be perfect for this weeks challenge. I stamped onto Canson Watercolour Paper, its really smooth and allows you to blend Ecoline pens perfectly, I was surprised what a difference it makes. The Thrinchie background was the piece of card that I brayered off the excess paint off onto when changing colours, so it kind of feels like you're using your waste, which is a bonus.  I simply stamped onto the thrinchie making sure the large daffodil was completely inside the square.  Then stamp onto a piece of watercolour card and used my Ecolines to colour the daffodil leaving the background white to make the flower stand out. I fussy cut the hexagon out and placed it over the same place on the coloured background, I added some white splatters and then stamped the narcissus word and cut it out, edged it with posca black marker and added it to the bottom corner, adding a little shading to finish.

I hope that you all have a great start to the week,  

Sending my love and hugs to all,

Sandra                                                                                  xxxxxx

7 comments:

  1. Morning Everyone
    One of my Favourite flowers SANDRA. I love to see a mass of Daffs such bright in colouring and always cheerful.

    BRENDA I cannot wait to get to Wednesday morning this week and my food/drink goes back to normal. I'm not missing any of the foods but limited drinking is definitely difficult. I'm having apple juice and hot water.

    Have a good day everyone. HUGS are on their way to you all. Take care and stay safe.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Thrinchie is gorgeous I love the freshness of the yellow and green
    Take care Janet Wednesday will come soon enough
    I am excited to go to Ally Pally too I do have a bit of a list which is mainly top up on glues and card I hate paying p&p on these items I was hoping the latest Miss P Loves dies would be there but it doesn’t look like it I’m sure I will find something to spend my pennies on!
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everyone
    A lovely Thrinchie, love the stamps you’ve used 😍
    A day off today, so crafting is on the agenda.
    Thinking of you Janet, am willing Wednesday comes round quickly for you xx
    Have a lovely day everyone whatever you’re doing.
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello all, cold again and rain, snow forecast for later in the week.

    Sandra love your card , the hexagon shape really works, love that daffodil stamp, great colouring,
    I have a jigsaw on my table at the moment, when that’s finished, ironing is the next job.
    Had a call from the doctor this morning, have to go for more blood tests and blood pressure again , only two weeks since they did them.
    Hope you all have a nice afternoon, Lilian

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi everyone
    Loved the CC's yesterday ladies. Like your thrinchie today Sandra.
    Glad you had a good time Brenda watching your granddaughter but oh it must have been cold down the water. Don't think we'll catch you and John up but we can try.
    Janet, Wednesday nearly here. See you in the café for a proper coffee or what would you prefer ?
    Sonja, hope you feeling better and have a nice day. Take it easy.
    Lilian, hope you get a better night. So sorry you are in so much pain. Take care
    Sue, hope your weekend was good. Fingers crossed we see eachother at Ally Pally.
    Karen, how's your daughter doing ?
    Thanks for the wishes for yesterday. We had a lovely day but think we done just a bit too much walking so body is sore. Wonderful city and some good food tho. Going to the oldest Inn in town soon for dinner, some parts from the 1400's hoping there is no ghosts around 🤭 Many hugs to you all, Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Sandra and everyone,
    Lovely card Sandra, your eye is really drawn into the beautiful Narcissus.
    Had an INR blood test this morning, it’s the first time since before I went int hospital my reading is spot on (hallelujah) it’s been all over the place - hopefully life is getting back to normal….whatever that is!!! Tomorrow I’ll be going to the Royal Marsden for a PET scan, so nothing much will be happening here, should be back home by mid - late afternoon 🤞
    JANET only two more sleeps 🫖 ☕️ 🧃🍷 then you can take your pick! xx
    Karen hope Charlotte is alright. xx
    LILIAN you begin to think how much more blood do they want. Seriously, I hope you will start to feel better soon and you can get out into the garden - weather permitting. xx
    MARIA hope you are managing to rest those knees at some stage ready for the next walk about.
    Better finish now I can feel myself nodding off.
    Take care everyone, Love Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sandra and all looking in tonight.
    A lovely daffodil, who isn’t cheered by them waving in the breeze and lovely Thrinchie. It’s good that you used some “scrap” card for your background. Thinking of you and hoping you manage to get some sleep my lovely xx
    A silly little jobs sort of day here today after I did the ironing. I have spent the last couple of hours colouring some daffodils for a challenge card. Will cut them out tomorrow. Have s good night everyone. Sending love and hugs. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete