Tuesday 28 March 2023

Simple watercolour background

 



Good Morning Ladies, 

A chilly but beautiful day yesterday, we got a line full of towels dry, luckily I popped into our bedroom and smelt an awful farm smell, I think they burn straw from stables,  so Paul managed to get towels in before they took on the awful smell, 10 minutes in tumble dryer to restore their fluffiness!  It really is the simple things that bring me joy! ☺️

Paul is going into the office today and my usual Tuesday companion (Lucy) is staying st Becca's to dog sit Benji, so it will be a quiet day here,  I will be in my craft room keeping busy. 

Today's card was a super quick card, the inspiration was from the Creative Stamping magazine from February,  their's was a piece to put in a frame,  I just wanted a card.  This could just as easby be a Journal page or scale butterfly down and would make a perfect Thrinchie.

I used my Zig watercolour pens to colour the butterfly that I had stamped with Versafine Clair, I took the green that I used on the butterfly,  scribbled some colour out on my glass mat and spritzed with water, I then took a piece of watercolour card cut to 3 3/4  X 5 3/4 inches and dipped it in my ink, I dried it and dipped again until I got the desired coverage.  I did add some of the violet pen splatters to the background but they don't show up on camera.  I stamped some leaves from the free stamp set and coloured them with same green pen and fussy cut.  
To assemble the card I adhered my watercolour background to a mat of purple card and then onto a white card base, measuring 6 × 4 inch.  I added glue to the centre of the butterfly and adhered to the background and then arranged the leaves around his wings. A few subtle purple gems finish the card. 

I hope that you all have a fantastic Tuesday, 

Maria I hope the Sun stays out for your return, 

Love and hugs to all of you,

Sandra
xxxxxx

7 comments:

  1. Smooshed backgrounds are soo so simple but aren’t they effective The addition of the butterfly is all that the card needs
    I haven’t any plans this afternoon I might be able to do a bit of crafting My latest Thrinchie idea hasn’t worked So I might have a play with that
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi everyone
    Love your card. The butterfly and colour combo are beautiful 😍
    We had a lovely sunny day here too yesterday, but have woken up to rain again this morning!
    I spent most of yesterday Pinterest browsing so didn’t actually get any crafting done! I’m determined to use some of the ideas today and get creating ☺️
    Have a good day everyone whatever you’re doing
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everyone
    Beautiful card. The butterfly have pretty colours together.
    It's raining, buhu. Yesterday must have been a nice day here , it was still sunny and dry to drive home last night. I'm cold again and it has rained all day so have only done some washing and hanged it indoors. Can't wait until we can hang it outside to dry again.
    Hoping your day is alright whatever you are doing. Keep well xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sandra and all looking in. A beautiful card yesterday and again today. I will definitely be trying that water colour die cuts technique, such a soft yet vibrant look. Todays card is made to look even better with the delicate background. I love those gem stones, they are so delicately coloured. Another addition to my shopping list 😁
    Sandra, as you rightly say your body will begin to recover from the pounding it has been through with little by little bouts of gardening. Don’t go trying to do too much though please xx
    Maria I wish we could all have sneaked into your suitcase Togo and enjoy that beautiful beach. I think it would have done each and everyone of us the world of good. Take it steady now you are home xx
    It was lovely here all day yesterday but back to wet and chilly today. At least we have longer daylight even if a bit grey.
    Sending love and hugs. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Sandra and Everyone,
    This card is definitely a WOW and your butterfly is so beautiful, I love the colours you have chosen for the butterfly it’s all just perfect.
    Hope you were able to keep busy today with all of the family being elsewhere. I’m sure you had no problem keeping busy. xx
    I have been doing a bit of tidying up and reorganising in my craft room - nothing over the top I haven’t the energy for that! I had a plastic basket stuffed with card off cuts I have transferred it all into an open top container and sorted it into colours with the white bits at the front, I have to say it looks so much better and pleasing to the eye.
    Hope your day has been good too, take care, love Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. We willen graag de uitzonderlijke service erkennen die we tijdens het hele herfinancieringsproces hebben ontvangen. De professionaliteit en kennis van de heer Pedro van de leningmaatschappij was indrukwekkend en werd echt gewaardeerd. De heer Pedro is een betrouwbare leningfunctionaris. In het verleden hebben we ervaring met verschillende andere banken en vonden we het proces frustrerend en vervelend. De heer Pedro deed het onmogelijke om ervoor te zorgen dat aan al onze behoeften werd voldaan en dat alles grondig en efficiënt werd afgehandeld. We hebben en zullen hem in de toekomst blijven aanbevelen.” Mr Pedro Contact E-mail:
    pedroloanss@gmail.com WhatsApp+1-510-854-9661

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mr Pedro is apparently a very professional loan officer with good knowledge of his business, not quite sure why he is interested in our blog, bless him x

      Delete