Sunday 5 March 2023

Your Challenge projects

 




Good Sunday Morning Ladies  

We had quite the relaxed Saturday,  Paul washed the car and did a few garden jobs, filling bird feeders, which made me laugh as every time  rook or crow landed in the garden he went out to chase it away and then watched in delight as the Robins and Long tailed Tits enjoyed the fat blocks and mealworms! He was like a cat on hot bricks, I hid my giggles! πŸ₯°πŸ€£πŸ˜‚

I spent a couple hours in my craft room, creating another Thrinchie for Hexagons, the rest of the time was spent tidying before I could start crafting. 

Janet I hope these tests aren't too exhausting, I bet you are counting down the days until they are done. XXX 

Let's look at your Challenge cards......

Your Challenge Projects 

Lilian 



Lilian's Description:

Here are my two cards for this week. I started theses before I saw what you had picked for this week,  both quite simplistic. Elusive images stamps, rather old.

Lilian such beautiful cards, I love the beautiful delicate Spring shades that you have used to colour your cards.  Thank you so much for taking part in this weeks challenge XXX 

Karen 




Karen's Description:

Card1: 
Here’s a card front I have had for about 6 years I quite like it but messed up the gold embossing 

This has purple DO splats and a gold Posca,  I found a remnant of the cream card and splattered it with gold and purple CS Shimmer paints (which I’d totally forgotten I had)

Card 2:

Here’s the Sympathy card using GUMMIAPAN die and a John Lockwood butterfly.

I really like the simplicity of that Gummiapan die, absolutely perfect for a Sympathy card, it works so well with that tiny butterfly and the sentiment.  
The gold mat that you have added to the first card really highlights the gold splatters on the card front,  great idea adding the splatters to the sentiment label to tie the two pieces together.  Thank you so much for 2 fantastic cards XXX


Sonia 








Sonia's Description:

No 1 & 2: First page - using Tracey Hey stamps, the papers on front and inside cover are Tracey Hey as well. I stamped the head band/bow and heart on t shirt twice to make them stand out more.  I inked the base of the covers and then stuck on papers on 

No 3:  Two more Tracey Hey Thrinchies. These were originally going to be a larger journal page, but I wasn’t happy with it, so decided to make into Thrinchies. I’ve used Distress inks and oxides for the colouring.

No 4:  I wanted to do a couple with AALL & Create products too, so have mixed stamps and stencils, again with distress oxides.

Sonia what an Incredible album you have created, everything ties together perfectly, even though you used Aall&Create stamps on page 4 it still matches the other pages perfectly,  I love that bright pop of pink running through the album. 
Thank you so much for such an inspirational start to your Thrinchie journey XXX

Gina

Gina's Description: 

Hi I am putting in a card for the challenge its one I made for my Mother in Law for her birthday (she was 92) it is a heartfelt creations butterfly and stamp this is only the second time I have used it, it is about two years old (I think). 

Wow Gina what a gorgeous Butterfly,  I don't think I've seen that one before, its so intricate, I love that you get the basic outline die too as it gives you so many more options.  Using it to create a Butterfly shaped Easel card was a brilliant idea and works perfectly.  How lovely to have the matching Envelope too.

Thank you so much for taking part in this weeks challenge my lovely XXX 

******************

Ladies thank you all for creating another beautiful display!  I am so grateful to all of you ❤

I hope that you all have a lovely Sunday,  Brenda I bet you will be relaxing after such an exciting day yesterday xx

Love and hugs to all of you,

Sandra
xxxxxx

7 comments:

  1. Hi everyone
    Wow, a lovely selection of creations today 😍 They are all so beautiful.
    Gina, I love that butterfly, it’s gorgeous and your card showcases it perfectly 😊
    Janet, I hope you’re ok and the tests are going well. Take it easy xx
    Maria, Happy Anniversary πŸ₯‚ What a lovely place to be celebrating xx
    Working again today, and I’m really not feeling 100% I thought the other day that I had the start of a cold and then whilst out last night my voice started to go! Woken up this morning and I can hardly talk! (Might be a blessing for some, lol πŸ˜‚πŸ₯Ή) Oh well, only got to get through until 2pm then I can come home and go back to bed.
    Hope you’re all well and having a good weekend.
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Everyone
    Beautiful cards as always. Really brightens the start to the day.

    It's Day 2of prep which means that tomorrow I start the real test.
    Up to now I'm not really missing the foods I cannot have but oh I'm really find it difficult not having Coffe/Tea/Drinking Choc. Roll on Wednesday morning.

    HUGS on their way to you all. Please take care and stay safe.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some lovely inspiration on display It was good to use items that we’d had for a while
    I hope the test goes OK Janet
    Happy Anniversary MARIA
    Your day sounded thrilling Brenda
    We had a bit of a mercy mission yesterday and I ended up helping daughter with the boys which I loved I’m grateful daughter has only badly bruised herself It could have been a lot worse
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sandra and all looking in today.
    What lovely cards to enjoy today. As always a variety of styles, great inspiration.
    I can just imagine Paul shooing off the big birds from the feeders. Your garden is perfect for bird watching isn’t it. I hope you have another relaxing day my lovely xx
    Maria, congratulations on you and Ricks 30th Anniversary yesterday πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’. Glad that you are having a wonderful time xx
    Karen, as you say your daughter could have ended up far worse after her fall. It’s good that you and A can help out with the boys xx
    Sonia, I hope you don’t feel as bad now as you did earlier xx
    Janet, I hope the tests aren’t too intrusive. At least you can do the at home xx
    Brenda, have a lovely time with the family and good luck to your grand daughter on the race xx
    Lilian, I hope you are as well as you can be. Roll on the warmer weather xx
    I’m having problems with my phone so messages and mail aren’t always getting through straightaway sometimes. It’s so annoying, you realise how many messages are sent and received every day! Hope to get my challenge cards and review to you ASAP my lovely xx
    Sending love and hugs to you all. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Sandra and everyone,
    What lovely inspiring cards you are showing yesterday.
    We had the same problem with our birdfeeder, in fact that was the reason John removed it from the garden. We had all the greedy pigeons, crows and squirrels eating the fat locks, nuts and seed. The little birds were afraid to go near it. I know all wildlife have to eat, but some are just seem so greedy. At the moment we’ve got a squirrel proof bird feeder, but John has placed it under an arch with a wisteria growing over it and I think it’s just in the wrong place the poor little birds can’t see it so I think we need to think about relocating it.
    Karen, sorry to hear about your daughters accident. I hope she isn’t in too much pain. It’s great you’re not that far away and able to look after the boys while she was checked out. XX
    Janet, I hope you’re not getting withdrawal symptoms, not being able to have tea coffee or drinking chocolate so what are you having? Is it just water? only three more sleeps and hopefully you’ll be able to have a cuppa of your choice. XX
    Maria and Rick, happy 30th anniversary for yesterday XX only another 30 to go when you catch us up ha ha.
    Sonia, I hope you’re okay. Shame you’ve got to work this weekend when you’re feeling full of cold. Take care. XX
    We had a lovely day yesterday, although it was very cold, but we all had so many layers on so apart from the wind on your face, we were all well protected. I did feel sorry for the girls rowing most of them just had shorts on and it must’ve been really really cold on the Thames. The trailer that brought the canoes down from Leeds was parked near Putney Bridge, which is where we were. The team had to row up to Kew Bridge where the race started and then back to Putney Railway bridge for the completion. The distance I think was 7K. I must say at the end of the race, all the girls looked remarkably fresh and so full of life.
    Just chilling out today after allowing the excitement of yesterday.
    Hope you are having a good day. Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SORRY should go back and check out my comments!!
      What lovely inspiring cards you are showing us TODAY!!

      Delete
  6. Hello, sorry to be late again.

    Loll o the cards on show today, looking forward to doing this weeks challenge, if my back isn’t too bad.
    Congratulation on 30yrs married Maria, wish you many more happy years.

    Karen hope daughter recovers from her fall. Even if nothing’s broken you still feel really sore.

    Going to go and do my hot water bottle, get ready for bed, probably be out again around 2am. Legs keep me waking. Goodnight all Lilian

    ReplyDelete