Monday 20 March 2023

Paul's Mum's Birthday card





Good Monday Morning Ladies,

That weekend just seemed to disappear,  Saturday literally flew by though, it reconfirmed my desire of wanting to live by the Sea, there is just something about the fresh air, the smell of the sea and I find the sound of the sea so soothing.  I think Paul's mum has to realisation that she would actually really miss living by the sea if she moved to Birmingham. I think its like anywhere you live you take for granted the beauty around you.   

We had a quiet day yesterday as all our girls were working, Matt came over in the afternoon,  instead of buying me flowers that would die in a week the card he bought had seed infused paper that you plant and grow your own flowers,  such a lovely idea, he bought freshly baked cakes too.

Today's card is the card I made for Paul's mum for her birthday next weekend,  it has a very simple background so perfect for this week's Challenge.... I took a piece of Ombre green paper and embossed it, I added to a white card base, then die cut a pretty rectangle to lay my 'bouquet' on, I bought the SU bouquet stamp & die set on fb market place, so I was keen to use it,  it has a stamp to create the newsprint background for the wrap, the matching die cuts and scores the wrap so its easy to fold,  i then stamped the bouquet in Pear Pizazz ink and coloured with my Stampin Blends,  I die cut some extra flowers to fill the bouquet out a bit, the little tag and sentiment are included too, I added the 'Mum', which I die cut from the leftovers from the background. I finished the card by adding sparkles to the flowers centres. 

I hope that you all have a great start to the week,

Love and hugs to all of you,

Sandra                                                                    xxxxxx 


5 comments:

  1. Hi everyone
    Your card for Paul’s Mum is beautiful and she will love it 😊
    When I got home from work yesterday, Mark had gone to see his Mum, but the boys were waiting for me. James made me a cuppa, and I was treated to some lovely flowers and a Pandora charm and bracelet. The bracelet was a free gift James got when he went into town, and I had asked him to pick up a 21st charm for Hayley. So with that and the charm he got, he received a free bracelet which he kindly gave to me 😍 I was cooked dinner in the evening and they washed and dried up. After my long day at work I felt very spoilt 😊
    Your card from Matt sounds lovely, that’s a great idea. I bet the cakes were delicious too ☺️
    I know exactly what you mean about living by the sea. I always thought I’d love to retire down on the coast in Dorset or Devon, but in recent years the beauty of the countryside and mountains in Wales have stolen my heart!
    Hope you all have a lovely day whatever you’re doing
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card to Paul’s mum is stunning
    Daughter came around Saturday afternoon with a lovely card and gift
    We had a lovely day at the Ideal Home Exhibition and then went to daughter’s late afternoon/evening which was unexpected
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Sandra and everyone,
    I really love the beautiful card you have made for Paul’s mums birthday and I’m sure she will love and appreciate the thoughtful care you have given making this a special birthday greeting. xx
    What a thoughtful Mother’s Day gift Matt gave you. You will enjoying it all summer.
    We had a lovely Mother’s day, we went to our younger daughter’s, our other daughter, husband and one of grandsons also came over. It really was a great day. Ladies I hope you all had a great day.
    Take care everyone, hugs Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi everyone
    Beautiful card Sandra for Paul's mum.
    Hope you all had a lovely day yesterday. We had some of the cakes Son had sent and a very nice facetime, time goes so quickly and I do miss them . Very nearly went into the craft room today but still so weak so need a few more days to see me making a card.
    Sending well wishes to anyone who needs it and many hugs to you all. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sandra and all looking in. What a pretty card, such lovely shades of yellow along with the greens make a beautiful card for Pauls Mum xx
    It’s good to hear that you all were spoiled yesterday. I had chocolates and flowers, a lovely scented candle and an elephant painting and was treated to a lovely dinner so I was very happy.
    Sleep well everyone. Sending love snd hugs. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete