Wednesday 22 March 2023

Another simple Background card

 


Good Morning Ladies,

A lovely sunny day here yesterday,  I even got a load of washing almost dry, such an amazing feeling.  (Simple things please simple minds)๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚

I went from having a very full house on Monday evening,  it felt strange having both Flynn & Lewis here for tea, I had forgotten how to cook for six! 

Then by early morning they had  all gone!  I was all alone ๐Ÿ˜”.  Although if you stood outside and heard me talking to the cats you'd think I had company!    I ended up putting some music on and making a mess in my craft room! 

I ceated some very simple backgrounds by adding some drops of SU Re-inkers Berry Burst and Daffodil Delight on my glass mat and adding some water and flicking the paintbrush to create splatters 


I picked one and added a mat of Berry Burst and added it to a white card base. 

***I am interested in what card base you reach for most of the time, I mostly fold with the crease at the top 'tent fold' I think its called. I find it easier, it fits most card styles and stands easy to photograph.

To finish my card I die cut a circle from the back of a piece of the Dainty Flowers Dsp and sliced it up so that you see more of the background, I like that it has the splatters on to tie in with background.  I then fussy cut some flowers from the dsp and added them so that they covered part of the die cut circle.  I have to say that sitting and fussy cutting the flowers while listening to music was quite calming/ therapeutic.  I added some diamantรฉs to finish the card, I just couldn't decide on a sentiment. 

I hope that you all have a good day, 

Love & hugs to all,

Sandra                                                                    xxxxxx 



7 comments:

  1. Hi everyone
    Love your card, and the backgrounds you created. They are beautiful ๐Ÿ˜
    I love listening to music and singing along while I craft, if I’m on my own ☺️ Sometimes if Barney is watching, I’ll stop what I’m doing and have a little dance with him too ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿคฃ
    Have a good day everyone whatever you’re doing
    Sending hugs to you all xxx



    ReplyDelete
  2. These backgrounds are so effective I will definitely be having a play
    When I’m in my craft room I listen to the radio (Absolute 70’s) My “go to” card for messy is Pink Frog and for printing Limetree but have just been introduced to Bristol smooth
    I am not working today because I have a stress echo appointment I’m not looking forward to it. No caffeine for 12 hours beforehand and no food within an hour of the test
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen. Thinking of you dear friend and have everything crossed that your tests come out with good results. Sending love and hugs to you xx

      Delete
  3. Hi Sandra and all looking in today.
    Love yesterdays clean and simple card, very pretty. Why do these cards take just as long to decide on as more complicated ones? ๐Ÿ˜ We had to do the same test with all plugs taken out awhile ago. Luckily the only socket that needed looking at was one easy to get to in the hall. I can just imagine your faces when needing to get to the one behind your craft unit! Well Sophie for being able to reach it xx
    Todays card is another pretty one. I love text backgrounds but don’t think to use them very often, don’t know why. I had a play last night with some inks to make some backgrounds, not sure if I like them now though. Will decide later on when I get to have a bit of craft time after the girls have gone home as they are here for a few hours after school. I hope you all have a good day. Sending love as hugs. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi everyone
    Wonderful splattered backgrounds Sandra, great to have a few for when you need them.
    I've got the MK FM on or the 70/80 classics when I'm crafting.
    Hoping all the tests and everything you ladies having done goes well.
    I'm coughing a lot less now so we went to town and I had a haircut and bought a few crafting magazines as I missed all the crafting shows so I thought I must have something new.
    Sending many hugs to you all and extra for you who need some. Thinking of you. Take care ๐Ÿค— xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Sandra and everyone,
    Love your card , the splattered background works well, it’s all very inspiring, thank you for sharing.xx
    Hope K&N went well Janet, I’m sure your ladies enjoyed all the work you put into todays masterclass. xx
    Had a restful day today just taking life easy, managed not to fall asleep for once. Hope you have all had a good day.
    Have a good evening ladies, take care, love Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, raining again,although we still have a hosepipe ban here.

    Love your new backgrounds, mine somehow just end up a mess, must have another try.
    Not done much this week, as have been suffering with bad head and stomach troubles.
    Big hugs to you all, Lilian

    ReplyDelete