Monday 13 March 2023

A Spring Mother's Day card

 




Good Monday Morning Ladies, 

I am feeling a little sore today after a lovely day at Ally Pally yesterday,  it was a well organised show, very well set out, good amount of seating, also a good variety of companies.  The highlight of the day was seeing Brenda, after what seems like forever, it was also lovely spending time with Karen and Sue of course.  I will say that we were very reserved in our spending,  we usually spend an absolute age browsing HoneyDoo & Card-io but nothing jumped out at us, I did have a good spend on Aall&Create stand and Sweet Poppy stencils.  I did get the ink pads that I needed too! 🤣😂

Today's card is for Paul's Mum for Mother's Day,  I used a really pretty paper collection from SU called Dainty Flowers,  it is so pretty I must buy another before they get discontinued!   I cut a piece for my card front and added an Oval Frame, I was creating a 'Faux Aperture '.  I wanted something to draw your eye in, I embellished the Oval with a die cut Butterfly that I coloured to match the Rich Razzleberry card that I matted the Dainty Flowers Dsp onto.  I stamped the sentiment and die cut with a Tim Holtz tag die, I trimmed it with a piece of satin seambinding that I coloured to match the butterfly, I attached it opposite the butterfly on the oval. For the inside I used a different piece of the same paper range matted on to rich razzleberry again, Paul chose the sentiment, which I stamped in matching ink. A few tiny gold butterflies finished the card. 

I am itching to get in my craft room today,  to play with my new goodies. 

I hope that you all have a great day,

Love and Hugs to all of you,

Sandra                                                                            xxxxxx 




7 comments:

  1. Morning Everyone
    A simply gorgeous card SANDRA one I'm sure will be more than appreciated.

    We at last are free of the white stuff after an horrendous night of gale force winds and heavy rain.
    I am so pleased as I have to start my last test (24hrs with a tape recording my heart).I am going to a surgery to have it fitted this morning and then have it take off tomorrow.

    I'm looking forward to seeing all your purchases from yesterday.
    HUGS are on their way to you all. Please take care and stay safe.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card SANDRA I had a great time at Ally Pally Seeing you Sue and Brenda was the icing on the cake I could have spend a load more and I am pleased with myself for being quite restrained!
    It is very bright and sunny here but the wind is blowing like a gale
    Hope the 24 hour tape goes OK Janet
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everyone
    Love your card, the papers are so pretty 😍 Pauls Mum will love it.
    Glad you all had a lovely time yesterday. I’m looking forward to seeing what you create with your new goodies 😊
    Janet, hope the test goes ok. Thinking of you xx
    Very windy here today, with drizzle. I won’t be venturing out!
    Housework to do, then hopefully time for crafting.
    Have a good day everyone whatever you’re doing.
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sandra and all looking in today.
    This is a gorgeous card. Pauls Mum will love it, that water colour type background is beautiful. Stampin’ up really do make fabulous papers don’t they. I hope you are able to get to your craft room my lovely xx
    Brenda and Karen, it was so good to see you at the show. I forgot to ask you Karen, did you treat yourself to the bag in the end? Xx
    Janet I hope your recording goes well and helps you and the doctors to get the answers you are all after xx
    Maria, I hope you are feeling a bit better today xx
    Lilian, make sure you rest up this week so you can enjoy time with your daughter and SIL at the weekend xx
    Sonia, I hope work is going well and you have shaken off that cold you had xX
    If you gave the same terrible gales we have here had since about last night and still going strong I hope you are able to stay safe. Sending hug. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your Faux circle. It really does draw the eye into the design.The paper is lovely. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Sandra and ladies,
    I love the Mothers Day card you have made for Paul’s mum, the papers are beautiful, I know she will love it.
    I had a great day yesterday at Ally Pally, it was a real treat meeting up with Sandra, Paul, Sue and Karen. The venue wasn’t overcrowded, it was easy to move around and see everything and watch the demos. I have taken photos of my shopping will send them to Sandra. Thought I wouldn’t be able to move today but must have still had the adrenaline running through my veins from yesterday, I was ok until about 4.30 when it felt like I had hit a brick wall. So have been resting since then.
    Hope everyone has had a good day, Love Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello , sorry to be late again. We have had terrible gales here, with roads blocked by fallen trees. Hope you are all ok.

    Sandra such a lovely Mother’s Day card, I’m sure Paul’s mum will love it, I know I certainly would.

    Haven’t done much today, other than my jigsaw, which is taking me longer than I thought.

    Hope you all manage to get some sleep, Lilian

    ReplyDelete