Sunday 17 July 2022

Your Mixed Media projects

 




Good Sunday Morning Ladies, 

I think there is only one suggestion I can give today and that is to stay cool and do nothing but relaxing!  That is all we plan to do and in fact all we did yesterday,  is anyone else like me though and feels so guilty just sitting doing nothing,  all the jobs that needed doing were running through my mind, as I was sat in garden I could see things that needed doing but just had to try and clear it out of my mind.  I have heard so many bits of advice for keeping your house cool, most seem daft but who knows....

Putting foil up your windows to reflect heat out, putting damp towels on fridge and then later on putting the cold damp towel in a plastic bag and either use it for laying a baby on *with a sheet over bag, or to put on your bed to cool you down!  

Im not sure I could be bothered with any of that nonsense but I will probably stay inside and keep hydrated,  how they think people in Europe and beyond cope with this daily just makes me laugh, I do feel sorry for the girls though as working in such incredible heat cooking and preparing food will be awful.  Lucy's new kiosk sells lots of ice cream based desserts, but every machine pumps out heat as it cools, she says its unbearable on a normal day!   

We have Sophie's Graduation in the midday heat tomorrow! 


Your Challenge Projects 


Maria


Maria's Description :

I painted the cover in white paint but then used Distress Oxide
to make up a few layers with different stamps.
I had the flowers already cut out from last weeks cc so I though
instead for putting them away to use them and arrange them as
a bouquet  with a ribbon and a resin flower.

Maria you have created an absolutely gorgeous Album /journal cover!  Have you used crackle medium on the background?  It's so effective and gives great texture to the cover, the flowers work perfectly and the bow and flower make a fantastic finishing touch.  I am so grateful that you pushed yourself out of your comfort zone and made such amazing piece XXX 

Sonia

Sonia's Description:

I stamped and heat embossed the text stamp from Woodware on a piece of watercolour card and vellum. I sprinkled some cosmic shimmer mica powders on the card, and spritzed with water to create the background. I stamped one of the stamps from the Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous set in grey randomly over the background. I cut Tim Holtz butterfly in vellum and inked the back. The ‘words’ are cut from a bigger Inkylicious stamp.

WoW, Beautiful Mixed Media should be a new category!  Because thats exactly what you have created,  your card is stunning, like Maria's piece above it shows that Mixed Media doesn't need to be brown & grungy!  The stamped vellum looks fantastic over your beautiful background,  I have those background stamps and they are amazing,  the patterns are beautiful.   Thank you so much for taking part my lovely XXX 

Karen









Karen's Description:

Card 1: A bit of mixed media for you using AALL AND CREATE stamps and stencils I wanted to try masking off part of a card and to use a fine liner to trace around too I used fossilised amber, spiced amber and fired brick
Butterfly is triple embossed It gives it a lovely glossy finish and intensify the colour (Staedtler Noris Aquarell pencils)
Black cotton underneath the butterfly and a few splats with a yellow Posca pen

Card 2: White heat embossing Daisy B glass highlighted with orange chalk pencil Snowflakes and sentiment from a magazine freebie

Card3: Texture paste through Aall and Create star stencil on navy card and torn cream card

Card 4:  I was watching a Sizzix show where the demonstrator used a blob of hot glue on a silicone mat and pressed an EF (a folder with deeper/3D markings would have been better 
Once cool painted with cheap black acrylic paint and then gold gilding wax I used small scraps of gold and black gloss card and Tim Holtz sentiments

Four completely different looks that all meet the Mixed Media theme, I love the first one, the colours are beautiful,  the stars one is lovely too, you have made so many different looks with the Daisy B glass its so versatile.   Your last card is amazing,  such a brilliant idea, it reminded me of the effects we used to get with 'Texture Treads' which were grey rubber 3d stamps really,  to be used with Ultra thick Embossing Powders!  Thank you so much  for all of the inspiration and for takibg part in this week's Challenge XXX

Lilian


Lilian has not been up to making a project for this weeks challenge but as a lot of her precious projects are Mixed Media I thought I would share a couple just to give some inspiration to anyone looking in.
I hope you enjoy your weekend with family my lovely, thank you for always inspiring us with your cards and Mixed media pieces XXX

Sue


Sue was feeling under the weather this week so didn't manage any crafting so I have added two of her past pieces that work perfectly for our mixed media challenge.
Hope you are feeling better Sue XXX

Janet





Janet has been making Mixed Media style cards and projects for as long as I can remember and I have picked just two out of the many I have in a file, these two include everything that is great about Mixed Media, Janet thank you so much for being a constant source of inspiration.  XXX


*******************






5 comments:

  1. Morning Everyone
    What wonderful examples of Mixed Media this week.
    Each expressing different ways of using 'bits and pieces' creating works of art.

    I'm hoping for a cooler day today -fingers/toes etc whether we will get one is anyone's guess so it's a stay indoors day doing little as possible.

    The CAFE is of course OPEN for all. HUGS are ontheir way.Please take care and stay safe. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some beautiful pieces ladies I forget to use items like vellum and paints etc
    I bought some more hot glue sticks from Hobbycraft yesterday- they were half price So I will definitely have another play with hot glue and EF’s
    My opinion is that the jobs will still be there tomorrow and we’ve earned the chance to relax
    Saying that we’re off to Finsbury Park today to see George Ezra So hat, cool towel, suntan lotion, fan, bottles of water all packed I’ll be wearing loose fitting clothes and take a very light long sleeved cardigan So hopefully I’ll be OK. All venues will not let you take liquids in but they’ve had to relent and allow you to be able to
    Enjoy the graduation Is it indoors or outside? At least you should be able to find a cafeteria with air con to sit in whilst you wait for Paul and Lucy
    Enjoy seeing the family LILLIAN
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everyone
    Beautiful mixed media creations, they’re all lovely 😍
    I feel guilty too, looking at the dust on the furniture 😬 But it is way too hot to do any housework, so it will just have to wait 😉
    Karen, enjoy George Ezra 😊
    Lilian, hope you’re having a lovely time with your family 😊
    Sandra, I hope the Graduation goes well, and you manage to fit somewhere cool to wait. Will look forward to seeing some photos 😊
    Have a lovely day everyone, stay safe.
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning ladies
    Beautiful mixed medium cards and pages, I love the idea of Karen's glue blob. Love to know a bit more how you made it for I find the glue cool so quickly ? Wonderful work ladies !
    I've ran the hoover over the kitchen and launch floors before it got too hot, not doing much else today other then maybe clear the craft table up for the next project.
    Have fun going out ladies but do take care if you are. I am meant to go to Bedford on Thursday but if it too hot, I wont go. Having scan on hip Wednesday, hope they have air con in the machine.
    Lilian, have a nice day with the family.
    Sue, wishing you better. Hugs xx
    Lynda, sorry to hear about Terry. well wishes are being sent for you both .
    Brenda, many hugs for you and John.
    Have a nice Sunday everyone. Love and hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello All, I’ve been inside all day, luckily we had a little breeze, although it’s gone now.

    Lovely works of arts today, thankyou Sandra for showing some of older cards.
    Daughter left today, we had a lovely weekend together.
    Son coming tomorrow with his partner and the grand children, feeling tired just thinking about it. Still it will be lovely to see them all. They are staying in a hotel a few minutes away.

    Hope you have a wonderful day tomorrow Sandra, it’s a once in a lifetime so enjoy every moment.
    Keep cool everyone Lilian

    ReplyDelete