Thursday 14 July 2022

A Mixed Media Tag Blue Butterfly

 





Good Morning Ladies,

The excitement is building around us as we are just 1 day away from the Royal International Air Tattoo at RAF Fairford,  which is basically a stones throw across the river,  I got Paul to take me to get my prescription yesterday as all roads turn to one way after today, our little village gets locked down with Police at every junction,  one road is used for a Route 'In to Airshow' in AM and 'Out of Airshow' in the afternoon. Our 'local residents ' route still has restrictions, which may cause chais for girls getting to work but should be ok for them to get home. Hopefully if it isn't too cloudy we will get a good view from our garden.  We are going food shopping tonight so that we don't have to leave the house until Monday.   It  was exciting to see all the stalls and fairground rides set up and so many little pop up camp sites, where locals are keen to earn a bit of extra cash by turning the back garden into a camping field. There were at least 8 in a 1 mile stretch.  The tickets are quite expensive though and it will be much better watching from home.  

I decided to create a tag for my last Mixed Media piece for this Challenge.  I used Dolly Dimples Mixed Media card to cut the tag from, I sprayed the tag with Faded Jeans Distress Oxide spray,  next I used a hessian effect stencil with Picket Fence Oxide spray, (not that it shows, but it adds to the texture) when that was dry I used a Tim Holtz background stamp and Faded Jeans ink pad to add some more detail....


I really love these background stamps, they are like bits of old patterned tiles.

I took a Tim Holtz sentiment to add as a point of interest then added some random background stamps to add detail to the top abnd bottom of the tag .  The butterfly is an IndigoBlu stamp that I stamped onto tag and the onto a piece of card, I coloured this one with with Faded Jeans marker and waterbrush.  To lift the butterfly off the background and add interest I raided the first aid kit in the car and took a piece of gauze, I cut a small piece and pulled some threads out and adhered under butterfly with some glue. To finish the tag I took a piece of white seambinding abd tied a bow through the tag.  I love the contrast of the white ribbon on the blue tag.  I am going to make a journal to display all my tags in I think. 

It's supposed to be a little cooler today, warming up for the weekend though.  I did have a better night sleep (Tuesday into Wednesday) down to sheer exhaustion I think, I also picked a big bunch of lavender and placed it in a vase in front of the fan, so maybe that helped too. 

Have a lovely day, are you doing anything exciting?? 

Love and hugs to all 

Sandra xxx

6 comments:

  1. Morning Everyone
    It's much cooler here this morning though the sun has broken through.

    I really must get my CC finished this morning so I will be able to sit and watch the Tour this afrternoon before Clair comes and does my feet.

    The CAFE is OPEN -usual hours - so pop in for cooling drinks and perhaps a biscuit.
    HUGS are winging theirway to you all.PLEASE TAKE CARE AND STAY SAFE..xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi everyone
    I love the look of your tag and the texture 😊 Not sure if it’s just my iPad, but I can only see one close up picture ☺️
    Just back from a walk with Barney, and it seems a little cooler at the moment. Maybe a little respite before the weekend heat!
    Glad you managed to get some sleep, a good idea using the lavender too.
    Enjoy the air show, with front row seats from your garden 😉 We are quite lucky here too as we can see the planes from the Farnborough airshow. They’ve been practicing this week as it starts next week. A few years ago the Red Arrows used to do their displays and we had a fantastic view from here, with them flying right over our house. Sadly they don’t display there now, only doing a fly past on opening and closing the show I believe.
    Have a good day everyone whatever you’re doing.
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everyone
    Like Sonia I can only see the close-up but it is a beautiful piece.
    Having a little outing to Ikea this morning but I will try to make some crafting when back home.
    I hope you all have a nice day and stay hydrated not dehydrated 🙂 of course.
    Sending love and hugs to you all 🤗 xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello All, very hot again today, although there is a slight breeze.
    Too hot for me to go outside.

    Daughter and hubby are coming for the weekend, arriving tomorrow and leaving on Sunday. Then on Monday my Son and the family are coming until Thursday, so a really busy few days.
    Luckily my cleaner came today.

    Like the rest I can only see one side of the tag, but I’m sure the is just as beautiful, going to try and “ cobble” something together this afternoon.
    Those of watching the air shows enjoy, everyone have a good afternoon, Lilian

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely tag SANDRA in my favourite colour
    It does seem a lot cooler- thank goodness I hope we can all catch up on sleep tonight
    Enjoy the visits from the family Lilian but don’t overdo things A good excuse to eat out and relax xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely mixed media tag Sandra. The blue is gorgeous - but then I’m biased I love all shades of blue (it’s follows closely behind my all time favourite Green)
    Enjoy your personal viewing of the Air Tattoo. Hope the clouds don’t give any problems….and the girls manage to get to and from work without any problems.
    Take care everyone, Hugs Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete