Sunday 31 July 2022

Your Challenge cards

 




Good Sunday Morning Ladies, 

It was an overcast cloudy day yesterday but lovely and warm enough to enjoy the Village Fête,  we won a few bottles on the bottle tombola, nothing exciting,  but still nice to take part, there were lots of people there which is lovely to see.  They has Morris men which I love to watch my Mum absolutely loved Morris dancers, Matt did too, we camped on a site near Whitby years ago (before we had girls) there was a Morris Dancers convention nearby and most of them were staying on our camp site, Matt was in his element,  he had Paul dragging him around the site day and night,  they always seem super friendly. 

Your Challenge Cards 

Lilian

Lilian's Description:

Hi, here is my card for this week. The stamps are from chocolate baroque, I bought them years ago, never used them, can’t remember why I bought them. Hope you are having a restful weekend.

Lilian What a lovely stamp set, so detailed.  As always your colouring brings the stamp to life beautifully,  your attention to detail is incredible.
Thank you for taking part and inspiring us as always XXX


Sonia





Sonia's Description:

I’ve used Chloe’s Reindeer Couple stamp and die set on both cards. On the first card I’ve used the snowflake circle too and one of the sentiments from the reindeer set. The second card I used an old background stamp and just one of the reindeer.

Wow Sonia I really love that Reindeer couple, there is something lovely about having a pair, they work beautifully on both backgrounds too.  The fact that you got them in the Sale makes them even nicer! Thank you so much for taking part my lovely XXX 


Karen





Karen's Description:

Here’s a challenge card for this week
I used Aall and Create Daisy Squares #650 by Tracy Evans
I stamped the background in Versafine Morning Mist (grey) and then stamped and coloured it again I picked out a couple of squares and added glossy accents

The Astronauts were an activity that Karen did with Oscar , he enjoyed choosing the colours!  Karen used the Salad Spinner that she had for this technique and not gotten around to using!! 

Karen thank you so much for inspiring me with the all and create card, I too have that stamp and haven't used it yet!! Now I have seen your card I will get it out.  Thanks for sharing Oscars paintings too my lovely XXX 

Maria


Maria's Description:  

I am sending you here some shopping I did for some time ago.
I have used one of the dies, embossing folders , a tag die and
word stamps on the CC for this week.

The card will go to our lovely post woman. Rick was waiting for some very important documents but we needed to get out for a walk Wednesday and of course she's been by the time we came back and a note was laying on the floor. In the afternoon it was a knock on the door and she came back with it  for us after her round was finished so we didn't have to go out the next day.
I made her this card and she get some chocolates too as a thank you. " 

Maria thank you so much for such a lovely card, I love the colour too.  That die is fantastic and so versatile.  
I hope you didn't mind me posting the story about your Post Lady,  it's a lovely thought to thank her for goingout of her way to help you, not something you see often these days XXX 





Janet


Janet's Description:

"My first Challenge card for this week was made using a STAMPERIA KIT 'VOYAGES FANTASTIQUES' I bought some months ago.

My second card is made using PAPERS FROM CRAFTERS' COMPANION 'ART DECO'. I found these papers still in their packet unopened underneath some A3 patterned card I haven't looked at for months and months. Icannot remember when I purchased either the A3 card or this pack.

I have to say a BIG THANK YOU for this Challenge as I have found enough patterned card to keep me going for ages!!!!!!!!!  

Janet thank you for two lovely cards for this weeks challenge,  that Lady is very glamorous,  the paper is stunning, I'm not entirely sure about her hat/hair style though, I wouldn't fancy sitting behind her at the cinema or at the theatre!!  XXX 

Gina


Gina's Description:

  There are four flower stamps that you use four different colour inks for it took ages to find the combination I like because I have many different brands of ink bought over the years and finding 4 that colour co ordinate was difficult.  I scanned the finished flowers into my Serif program so I use use on insert and envelope.  I like to decorate my envelopes as part of the package.

I am glad that you felt well enough to get back to making your cards my lovely,  the effects of Covid can last weeks, so take it easy.  Your cards are beautiful,  its such a lovely idea to have the envelope matching too.  That embossing folder you have used behind the flower on your first card is so lovely, it finishes the card so well, thank you so much for taking part in this weeks challenge XXX 


************************

Ladies thank you so much as always for digging through your craft stash to find something that you hadn't used, hopefully like our Janet you have discovered some hidden treasures!!  I didn't even scratch he surface of my unused stash, how about you ladies?? Did you use everything??  Or do I need to repeat this challenge in a couple of weeks?! 

I hope that you all have a fabulous Sunday, 

Love and hugs to all of you,

Sandra                                                                                  xxxxxx 


5 comments:

  1. Morning Everyone
    Well we had rain all daylight hours and it was still coming down when we went to bed last night.

    I hope all went well on Friday SANDRA when you went for your blood tests and that results will arrive early this coming week.

    A beautiful selection of CCs this week. I really did one or two surprises digging through my stash of papers/card.
    YES PLEASE a repeat would be good. I haven't a clue what I might find in my cupboard at Marigny.

    No Sunday lunch in the CAFE today- we're going out for lunch.A rare occasion these days.
    HUGS are on their way to you all. Please take care and stay safe.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some lovely ideas ladies I shall use Gina’s idea to scan in images onto Serif
    You definitely need to do this challenge again It’s been a few months since I bought any crafty goodies but I still have a stash of unused stuff!
    Today is a bit overcast and windy We won’t be venturing very far but hope to go dancing this evening Plus I have actually got to go into the office tomorrow (do I know where it is anymore 🤣) So I need to pack up my laptop etc which will give me a chance to tidy up my craft room a bit I might be lucky and find some hidden treasures
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everyone
    A lovely selection of cards, they’re beautiful 😊
    Sadly I didn’t come across any goodies I’d forgotten, as everything has been used at least once, but…..I do have a wish list of crafty things, so maybe I’ll treat myself 😉
    Off to town today. I’m also returning some shoes I ordered from Clarks for work. There’s nothing wrong with them as I’ve got a pair now - which had lasted well for the last 4 years, until Barney managed to get hold of them 🙄😂🐶 But, I found out you can get them cheaper on Amazon for £55, whereas I paid £72 from Clarks website! I did send them an email asking why they charge so much more, but had no response, so they can have them back! I wasn’t even aware Amazon sold their shoes until a work colleague told me.
    Glad you won some bottles on the Tombola yesterday, were they alcoholic? 😉🥂 Were there any lovely cakes?
    Janet enjoy your lunch out today.
    Karen, have fun dancing tonight.
    Hope everyone has a good day.
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning everyone
    Lovely cc's this week ladies , lovely papers and embossing folders used and yes it would be good to make something similar again as a challenge. I have so many magazines still in their wrappers and stamps/dies that never been used and to top it up I bought some more last week, what am I like...
    Not doing much today, have shopping coming soon and if the rain stays away I might go and do some gardening.
    Have a nice day everyone. Many hugs to you all xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, well they did it, well done England.

    Great cards today, love them all, so many different ideas to use.

    It’s been dull here today, but very hot, fan on all day.
    Took all today clearing up my craft desk after yesterday, making my new home card. Had enough stuff out to make 20 cards, but I take so long these days.

    Hope you all had a good day, Lilian

    ReplyDelete