Saturday 16 July 2022

Mixed Up Saturday

 

 


Good Saturday Morning Ladies,

I hope that you are all well and enjoying the weekend.  Another sunny and warm one, we ape planning on sitting out and enjoying what we can see of the flying display!   

I started a Junk Journal on Thursday,  I dyed some pages with coffee and pegged them onto the airing horse, some tore a bit bit they were mostly ok ( they are meant to look aged)  so I'm not too worried,  I had to hose the patio afterwards as it smelt of coffee 😞   I have sorted the psges out, I may add some parchment, just to give interest and different texture.  Here is it so far...


Outside cover

Inside cover




A selection of coffee dyed paper, out music sheets, old book pages too




These pages I have added envelopes to use as pockets or tuck spots, I slit open the envelope bottom to create a pocket on the other end too.  I now have to sew the pages in an start decorating, which is the fun part! 

Diecutting Essentials 
Issue 92
Magazine Review 



I really like this month's issue, the free die and bonus stamps are good too, really useful, the stamps are really 'on trend'!



This first piece shares some fantastic inspiration for using the free dies and stamps,  using some lovely bright coloured card stock. 



Nicky Gilbert shares some lovely ideas for using Panel dies as stencils.  The effect is quite clever and gives a real dimensional look to the card. 


This  gorgeous wreath has been created using the Free SVG files from this months magazine, I will leave link below....

Www craftworld.com/cms/die-cutting-essentials

You could use your flower dies though. 






Another way to get more use from your dies is using the letterpress technique.  You basically use your die to cut 3 layers of scrap cardstock them I layer of vellum (that will hold ink without it sinking in) you glue all 4 pieces together and ink up vellum layer, you then run it through die cutting machine with embossing sandwich, the ink will then transfer to your card.  





These fantastic cards are made using an 'Inside out Window' technique.  I have shared the technique above, so it looks like she has stamped the flower onto the striped panel and the taped that to the card front, then taped the flower die over the flower and cut, (remember to put card through open so you only cut the front)!! She the closes the card and adds glue to back of flower die cut, using the aperture to make sure the flower is in the right place.  On bigger stamps they chose just one flower to use as an aperture   






Some beautiful cards in this feature,  Sharon shares ways if creating more interest to you cards by getting creative with card shapes and folds.  The instructions are there byt if you would like me to zoom in and give clearer instructions just message me.  The folds are so clever , just look at that obe above!  Rhe bottom one has a window at the edge.



Sharon has designed some stunning projects with the free dies,  that box is beautiful,  a great gift card holder, another lovely and 2 cards, Sandra has used a die cut as a stencil to create the background on one of the cards,  the other she has cut away parts of triangle die cut to create pretty little corners. 




These lovely cards were made using Waxed paper, they call it freezer paper.  My one is called Reynolds Wrap, you die cut your star ot chosen die cut out of the waxed paper and place it shiny side down on your card, you then iron over the die cuts to transfer the wax to your card, this creates a resist,  so you can then watercolour over it to reveal all of the detail.
Great idea for Children....
   Actually this would be a fun activity for kids, almost like magic painting,  you could die cut letters of their name to psper and get them to colour over to reveal it. 






Some great Masculine card ideas in this feature,  using various elements of the dies and the sentiment stamps.
 

Finally these lovely cards are all made using up card stock scraps, you'd never think it looking at the lovely designs though. 


All in all another great issue, the free gifts are really useful and there are some great features and new techniques. 

I hope that you all have a lovely weekend, 

Love and hugs to all of you, 

Sandra 
xxxxxx






5 comments:

  1. Morning Everyone
    SANDRA- I smiled when I opened this morning. That Stamperia set of papers are just Gorgeous.
    Everyone at K&N on Tuesday just loved them and I'm going to have to buy another set and this time use them very carefully.

    Off on our usual M&S food shopping this morning and then back to cycling with 'The Tour' this afternoon.

    The CAFE is ofcourse OPEN.Hugs are ontheir way to you all. Have a good week-end. Please take care and stay safe.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the saying and thank you so much for the magazine review If I buy a magazine (which is a rare occurrence) I might just get this I love the die and there’s some fabulous techniques too
    I am off to Hobbycraft later to buy some yarn So I will take a look We’re then going to my sis in law’s for a BBQ
    I am currently sitting in the garden enjoying a cuppa The temperature is perfect at the moment Won’t last for long as it’s a perfectly clear blue sky
    Enjoy what you can if the air show
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everyone
    Hope you all have a nice weekend and enjoy the fly over Sandra.
    Be interesting to see your journal as it goes on. Thanks for the magazine review. I was in town today but for got to pop in to Smith's. I like those dies tho so probably will get it next time. Picked up my new glasses and they are a bit stronger so will take some rime to get used to them. A bit dizzy walking hihi
    Sending many hugs to you all,xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi everyone
    Love the quote 😊
    Your journal looks lovely, will look forward to seeing how you fill it.
    Great magazine review and I love the free dies and stamps.
    Hope you enjoy sitting in the sunshine and watching the planes, and everyone else has a good weekend too.
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sandra and all in the Cafe today. A good saying as usual 😁
    Thank you for a great review. These dies and stamps look very useful, some that you turn to time and again. May well get that mag again this month.
    Now onto your junk journal and the gorgeous papers you have used. They are beautiful. I’m not sure which way to go with my journal as it’s my first one so will just do whatever takes my fancy. Have a lovely weekend, it definitely won’t be a quiet one for you. We get a lot of the planes over us too so no peace for us either. We have gone from having all the grands and Gem for the weekend to just Chris jnr and Gem as they both tested positive for Covid last night! There are more and more people going down with it again aren’t there. Stay safe everyone. I hope you all have a nice cool day inside. Sending love and hugs. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete