Thursday 21 July 2022

Pretty purple challenge card

 


Good Morning my lovely friends,

How are you all ?  It was a much better temperature yesterday,  we didn't see the sun all day, we had rain in the afternoon,  I actually went and stood out in the rain, it was quite refreshing.  

It was so upsetting seeing those devastating fires around London & Essex yesterday,  it's so frightening to watch it spread so quickly too, It just must be the most devastating thing,  I know that material things can be replaced  but there are always things that are sentimental, our wedding, early family photos etc aren't digital,  there is no record of them online so they would be gone forever, I mean if someone knocked your door and said 'you need to leave straight away, what would you grab, ours would be Milo & Bella to start with (obviously) but other than that I would be panicking too much to think straight.  

Actually this has made me think about getting our wedding and family photos scanned in to computer and saved for safety.  We do have a document box that has Important certificates etc in, although I'm not sure its fireproof,  something else to sort out.  My heart goes out to all of those poor families that have lost everything .

Today's card was made yesterday using the Happiness Abounds stamp and die set, I used Highland Heather ink to give a wash across the card front, I then stamped the flowers in Versamark ink onto vellum, I added Detail White Embossing powder and heat set, I did same for leaves and then added some colour to the reverse of the flowers (for a more subtle look)  then die cut them. I arranged them over the bottom half of the card over the coloured area.  Finally I stamped the sentiment under the flowers and added some glitter gems for a bit of Sparkle. 

I hope that you all have a good Thursday, 

Love and hugs to all of you, 

Sandra                                                                                xxxxxx  

6 comments:

  1. Morning Everyone
    Sorry I was absent yesterday. I just got to the stage where I couldn't do anything. The heat really had got to me and I know I'm not the only one but I just gave in.
    We have had rain in the night and everything is still wet so fingers crossed it will be a cooler day.
    I haven't been anyway near my craft room this week and I need to finish a card which needs posting to the Netherlands and I haven't even given thought to this week's Challenge.

    I love today's card SANDRA and it's in one of my favourite colours too.

    The CAFE is of course OPEN to all who need a couple of mins respite. HUGS are on their way to you all.PLEASE TAKE CARE AND STAY SAFE.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty card SANDRA I forget to use vellum It does give a beautiful soft texture
    On our way to Margate we saw these houses on fire in the distance To see the devastation is heartbreaking Like you say eary family photos,wedding photos etc aren’t digital Our documents are on a cardboard folder You’re right, maybe we should get a fireproof box The two things I would have to take are … my handbag because it contains my credit cards to be able to buy essential items like food and drink and a photo of Gary - my only link to him
    Work is exceptionally busy at mo So I’d better get cracking Pleased it’s a little cooler but still too hot for me but I’m not complaining
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello All, it’s been a lovely here, with a slight breeze to keep us cool.
    All of the family have gone back home, I’m feeling shattered,, not used to catering for six, and both Oscar and Mimi have really good appetites.

    Sandra your card today, is lovely, love the colour, and the style.

    Started a card today, but I think it’s heading for the bin, will have another go in the morning.

    Hope you all have had good day. Lilian

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Sandra and ladies,
    Lovely card today so fresh and clean, I love using vellum on my cards, I think it gives a soft look , used as an overlay or for flowers or backgrounds, it’s very versatile.
    Today has been a much more comfortable day, hope it’s been good where you are and you have been able to get outside and enjoy your surroundings.
    Take care everyone and stay safe, love Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi everyone
    Love your beautiful card, the flowers are gorgeous 😍
    Sorry I’m late today - I worked this morning (overtime) then came straight home and started on the housework, did some laundry and then went to do the food shop! Phew 😅 At least I’ve got a free day tomorrow, so I will be crafting 😊
    It doesn’t bare thinking about, losing everything in a fire. After Barney, I think I’d be in too much of a panic to think of what to take!
    I hope you’ve all had a good day.
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi everyone
    Lovely card Sandra.
    It's been a good day for once but very messy too. Will take photo so Sandra might be kind to show you how my powertex turned out.
    Bed calling so I am saying good night and I hope you all had a nice day. Many hugs Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete