Monday 4 July 2022

My First Quilled card

 



Good Monday Morning Ladies,

We had a lovely day yesterday, the sun did it's best to shine all day.  We spent the day leisurely planting up loads of  bedding plants that we had been growing on from seed, we put most of them into pots and planters. We have so many planted up now we have to find somewhere to put them all. 

On Thursday Sue came over, we had been planning for weeks to have a play with Quilling, Sue kindly bought all of her quilling things with her, I have a basic kit that Sue made up for me for my birthday a few years ago, so I dug that out and we sat and played for a good 3 hours.  I looked on Pinterest for a simple design and then chose the simplest flower.  Sue has a brilliant book that gives you all the measurements if the paper, what size roll you have to make before gluing and then shaping your quilled roll. We both found John Lockwood's glue (the instant grab one in a lip gloss bottle) worked really well for gluing the ends of the quilled rolls,  the grab is instant and it has very little water in it so it doesn't make the paper wet.   

So today's Flower Challenge card is my first ever attempt at quilling, it is a long way from perfect but I think it's important to document your journey when starting something new.  I have ordered some of my own quilling papers so that I can play some more.  

Thank you Sue for introducing me to Quilling, not that I need another type of card making!! I love it though and some of the cards in Pinterest are stunning!  XXX

I hope that you all haveva marvellous Monday,

Love & hugs to all of you,

Sandra                                                                                  xxxxxx 

4 comments:

  1. Your quilled card is lovely I tried to do it years ago and when I invested in a ScanNCut I thought I’d be able to make my own quilling papers but No! a) I wasn’t very good at it - wrong glue I think and b) cutting papers on ScanNCut left a white edge on patterned paper
    We had a lovely time looking after the boys Charlie limps along on his walking boot or bum shuffles It certainly doesn’t seem to be bothering him
    OH is playing bowls this morning whilst I am working I have started a challenge card - if it works! I’ll finish it later
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi everyone
    Love your beautiful card, it’s fantastic for your first attempt 😊
    Sounds like you had a busy but productive day yesterday, your garden will be looking lovely.
    Mark and I started watching Stranger Things on Netflix last night, as there was nothing on the tv. It’s a bit jumpy in places, but good so far.
    I’m looking forward to crafting today - need to make a leaving card for our weekend receptionist at work which I’m hoping to fit into this weeks challenge 😊
    Have a lovely day everyone. Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everyone
    Beautiful card Sandra. I have papers etc to make quilling but never managed to make anything. Story of my life, probably need your guidance. I'll see you in Watford or Croydon for a lesson perhaps ?
    Swearword and crafting is on the agenda today. SIL and her hubby coming over to us tomorrow. We had a special Tea booked at Frost before the 'kids' moved but it had to be cancelled so we are having it tomorrow and young Louis birthday is coming up so must make a card for him.
    Have a good day everyone and enjoy every minute. Happy crafting xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good evening all, dry but windy again today. Washing dried lovely.

    Sandra love your quilled card, I bought a kit many years ago ,but didn’t get anything finished, too fiddly for my hands these days.
    Glad you had a lovely day in the garden yesterday, really miss be able to do my pots.

    I finished one card for the challenge, hope to do another one tomorrow.
    Hope you all have a good night, Lilian

    ReplyDelete