Tuesday 5 July 2022

Flower Challenge card 2

 


Good Morning Ladies, 

I hope that you are all well,  we had an overcast cloudy day yesterday but we didn't see any rain which was a bonus as I was in town having a day out with Becca, it was originally for her birthday but we have had to postpone it 3 times,  we had a nice walk around the town but it looks so awfully rundown,  there are so many boarded up shops,  it looks drab anyway because its all 60's grey concrete buildings, having them boarded up with posters a over and graffiti just makes it look depressing,  about 5 years ago they redid one street, had multistorey shops like TopShop/Topman, BHS, sports shops etc, but they have all gone already, one of them has one of those 'pop-up' shops selling questionable fashion and some very poor quality home decor, kind of thing you'd expect on a market,  the big name stores are all bailing out because people feel intimidated walking past the groups of homeless or teenagers doing drugs! Even M&S is closing its huge in town store and upscaling their out if town store, which is ok if you drive, not so great for the large amount of elderly in the town, M&S and Iceland as all other supermarkets have gone, they had a lovely indoor shopping centre but that too is 75% empty, M&S and Boots are the last remaining shops but not for long.  Sorry Rant Over!

Becca and I went to Pandora to get her Birthday present,  she chose a beautiful set of rings, she then wanted to go into Primark, (there was nowhere else for younger fashion ), she managed to find some nice dresses.  We found a nice little place for lunch,  they made tea with tea leaves which made a nice change. After lunch we had a slow wander back to the car, we got home around 4pm, I was exhausted but it was so lovely spending time with her as we don't se her very often.  

Today's card is made with one of my new Stamp & Die sets from the new SU catalogue,  its called Sending Smiles,         I love the sentiments as well as the flowers,  I also love that the 'Sending ' has stamp and 2 layers of dies which gives so much versatility.

I used one of the new 'In Colours ' called Sweet Sorbet' which is a bright and cheery red. I think its a card that would brighten someone's day. 

I hope that you all have a lovely day,

Love and hugs to all of you,

Sandra 

xxxxxx


4 comments:

  1. A very pretty cheery card
    I cannot remember the last time I went into our town centre to shop Our M&S Debenhams and Next have all closed and John Lewis is under threat Lockdown didn’t help but people seem to shop online these days and maybe just go and collect stuff Gone are the days of just browsing which is what I used to do a lot with my mum It was just lovely to window shop and physically touch stuff
    I have a Team Building day today at a local farm … not sure what it’ll entail but at least I will get to meet the team in person
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sandra and all in the Cafe today. It was lovely to see your finished quilled card. It is so pretty and that sentiment works with it perfectly doesn’t it. I must order some more basic colours too, especially white mustn’t I!
    Todays card is a pop of happiness, it makes you smile. I love it. I’m glad you had a lovely time with Becca. Gem and I were also in Swindon yesterday afternoon and we were also having the same conversation as you and Becca saying how tired and empty it is, and it’s not just Swindon, most other towns that we know of are looking exactly the same. Even one of the shopping centres on the outskirts of Swindon has several empty units! If the councils dropped the rents and business rates which are so high then they could get businesses to open shops again but they seem to prefer to not get any revenue at all instead of something, which is better than nothing as the saying goes! We think that in another 20 years we won’t have high street shopping at all but they will be full of blocks of flats for housing. I would love to be wrong though.
    Have a good day everyone. Sending love snd hugs. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everyone
    Lovely card today, and I love the beautiful flower.
    Glad you had a nice day out with Becca yesterday, despite the lack of shops. Sadly it seems most shopping centres are the same. I used to love going into town to have a browse in the shops, but not anymore. The Lexicon in Bracknell, isn’t too bad, but they have a lot of designer shops which are way too pricey!
    Hope you’re all having a good day.
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello All, it’s been a lovely sunny day her, but still we have that chilly breeze.

    Sandra, love todays card, useful for many occasions. Love the new colour.

    Managed to do the iron ironing this morning, although I had only one days to do, it just makes my back ache after a short time.

    Hope you all had a good day, Lilian

    ReplyDelete