Wednesday 13 July 2022

A mixed media card for this weeks challenge



Good Morning Ladies, 

How are you all my lovelies?, I hope that the heat isn't getting too much for you all.  I had a rough morning yesterday aftet two very sleepless nights, I was exhausted, I know my fellow AF ladies will confirm that this heat and AF aren't a good mix   what I find bizarre though is when we are in Spain it's not nearly as unbearable even at higher temperatures, I think it could be humidity! It was overcast/cloudy pretty much all day here, it even rained a little around 5pm.  Nothing much though,  I was hoping for a dramatic thunder storm. 

Today's card started out as a quick stamped card, I wasn't up to creating anything to fancy, so after a quick browse on Pinterest I had inspiration, I used Blushing Bride card and Ink with some Mixed Media card that was a cream colour, I used my Quiet Meadow stamps and created a background,  I then die cut the Wildflower dies from the matching dies using Blushing Bride and Crumb Cake card. I roughed the edges  of the cream card for a more rustic look, adhered the stamped cream piece onto the pink piece (that had some stamping too).  I stamped a die cut the sentiment and little love tag, next came the assembly, I arranged the die cut stems onto the card, added foam tape to centre of sentiment label, to give the arched effect, I tied so w twine that I coloured with Blushing Bride ink, I added a piece of sparkle silver twine too,  tied a bow, added the love tag and stuck everything down, added a couple of pink gems to the background. It looked good but I wanted more, so added delicate lace to either side of the sentiment,  then added some top & bottom, then I felt that the edges of lace needed covering so added tiny pearls.                         I was quite pleased at how it turned out, it looks quite pretty. 

Anothet warm day ahead to stay cool my lovelies,

Love and hugs to all,

Sandra xxx

6 comments:

  1. Hi everyone
    Love your beautiful card today, and a pretty colour combo 😍
    I was hoping we’d have a thunderstorm yesterday too - we had a few spots of rain, but that was all. It was so muggy, and more of the same today, although the sun has made more of an appearance.
    I need to make these 2 birthday cards, but I’m struggling! At least I’m off work tomorrow so will see what I can come up with.
    Hope you’re all having a good day whatever you’re doing.
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is lovely I’m not a pink person usually but I love it
    Yesterday was very muggy We had a few spots of rain around 5pm I woke up this morning absolutely drenched with sweat!
    A very slow day for me I hope your AF eases today

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi ladies
    Very pretty card,
    Hope you all have had a good day but yes a thunderstorm would have been nice during the night. I have not slept properly for three nights and nodding off on t sofa during the t instead.
    Struggling with making any crafting but hopefully I get something done tomorrow.
    Dinners ready so I say stay safe and dehydrated. Many hugs to you all 🤗 xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, cooler here now with quite a breeze, yesterday was intolerable for me, had the fan on all night. Not feeling to smart today, so haven’t done anything.

    Sandra love that colour combination you have used. Lovely to see a soft coloured mix media.

    Hope you are all managing to keep cool, I use a ice pack for my feet, so that helps with my swollen legs.

    R is getting dinner tonight, so I am being spoilt. Brenda do hope you are on the mend and you will soon be up and about.

    Hugs to all, Lilian

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Sandra and ladies,
    What a gorgeous card today Sandra a real classic. Love everything about it.xxx
    Hope you have all coped with today’s heat, I after have my blood test just came back home and collapsed on to the sofa and waited for the doctor call me with the results. The forecast for tomorrow is three degrees cooler.
    Take care everyone, love and hugs Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sandra and all in the Cafe today. Such a pretty card. Anyone who thinks mixed media pieces have to be made with more grungy colours will see how pretty it can be. There is so much to look at and enjoy. You always make such beautiful cards. I hope you are managing to get some sleep and the AF is a little better tonight my lovely. Missed seeing you yesterday and will again today. Why is the heat abroad so good for us yet here it just makes it worse? Thinking of you my lovely xx
    Maria, I’m not sure why I got the wrong idea about C and girlfriend having jobs at ikea 🤣 xx
    It is a little cooler here at the moment, not that my joints know it!!! I hope you are all keeping as cool as possible.
    Lilian do you put your feet up as well as putting ice packs on them? Chris finds that really helps his swollen feet/ankles xx
    Brenda, I hope your blood tests results were good. Thinking of you having to go out in the heat xx
    I’m going to try and get back to sleep but only after hitting publish as last night I feel asleep before even opening the blog!!! Sending love and hugs to you all. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete