Thursday 9 November 2023

Throwback Pretty Poppy card

 


Good Morning Ladies, 

How is it Thursday already ??  Another week closer to Christmas 🎄!  Come on, how many of you have thought about putting up your Christmas decorations already??  We definitely have not, the second week of December is early for us!!  I have seen people that have got theirs up already!! 

Today I am sharing a Poppy card that I made using a die that I can no longer find!  It was a viral pintetest card at the time and still comes up 8 years on!  

Description:  

Now onto today's card, it is actually a One Die card, I was inspired by a version of this card on Pinterest, I made an easier version, the original was mad by making a frame with the dark blue card, I just cut blue rectangles laid them onto white matts then added the Prim Poppy die cuts so that they lined up throughout the frames.  I stamped the 'Thinking of you' sentiment as I thought it was relevant to the image.  

I still like this card, I think Sue is making a version of it for the this challenge too.

I hope that you all have a lovely Thursday, 

Love & hugs to all of you, 

Sandra                                                                           xxxxxx 


5 comments:

  1. Hello Everyone, sunshine and heavy showers, and very dark only just turned off the lights.
    Sorry I missed yesterday, in the late afternoon my ipad decide to go on strike, just wouldn’t switch on. Seems to be all right today.

    Loved yesterday’s card, especially the colour blue, todays card is one that I did when I first bought that die, it must have been one of Memory boxes best seller.

    When I’ve finished putting all my boxes back in their cubby holes am hoping to get my poppy card started. After all that searching I never did find the stamp I wanted to use but have found another few to use.
    Have a good day, Lilian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi everyone
    Love the card, pretty poppies. Funny how some of our dies and stamps can just disappear like they do and never to be found again.
    OH have gone to the tip once again with the old carpet. Really thought that the floorboards would be broken and but they look fine, so why it's creaking so much as it does, I don't understand. Will have someone in to look at it all. Have decided to do the bedroom as well so have to wait a bit longer for need to move the bed etc.out and in to my room 🤭😊
    I'm wishing you all a lovely day.
    Sue, hope you feel better soon . Take care. Many hugs, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everyone
    A lovely card today, love the poppy die - hope you manage to find it ☺️
    Always hard going back to work after time off, fortunately it wasn’t too busy!
    A mix of weather here today, sunshine and heavy showers and even a double rainbow.
    Hope you all had a good day. Enjoy your evening
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Sandra and everyone
    Had a busy day. Started with going to my hairdresser friends house, she coloured and trimmed my hair and gave John a trim. From there we went to daughters in Kenley (Surrey) to dog sit!! Daughter normally works from home but had to go into her office in London. Son in Law was also working, we stayed there until Ciara came home from school, she is 6th form now and doesn’t need looking after, so after spending some time with her we left to go to Asda to do our shopping on our way home……… Don’t think I will need to count sheep tonight to help me get to sleep.
    Thank you dear blog friends, the birthday cards are still dropping through the letterbox, I love getting them and it just stretches the birthday out even longer xxx
    Love today’s Poppy card Sandra. I’m sure I also have this die, must make time tomorrow to look it out.
    Goodnight everyone, sweet dreams, love Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sandra and all looking in. I have always loved this die and this card ever since it was first released. Your card is gorgeous, I love the beautiful blue, it makes the poppies pop. I must make sure I send you my cards using this die.
    I love having the Christmas decs up, we usually put them up on the second weekend of December. There is one house in the village that I know for definite will have the decs up within the next week or two. That is too early for me but at least it is something pretty and cheerful at what can be a very grey time of year.
    I’m feeling much better today but still slept a lot of it away! Sleep well everyone. Take care. Love Sue xx

    ReplyDelete