Sunday 19 November 2023

The Last of our Poppy Challenge cards

 











Good Sunday Morning Ladies, 

I hope it's brighter weather where you, we had lights on from early afternoon yesterday as it was dark rainy & gloomy all day, it felt cold too!  It was quite nice not to have to go out as we got food shopping done on Friday evening!                                We spent the day catching up with jobs that needed doing, I needed to sort more of the boxes of craft stuff that are stood behind me, Paul was raking leaves and putting wardrobes together!  All very exciting 🤣😂

I don't usually mention my Challenge cards but I have to say that I don't think I have ever made 10 Challenge cards, I thoroughly enjoyed making every one of them!  

Your Poppy Challenge cards

Lilian 


Lilian's Description:

Hi, here is my card for this week.
I used my Tim Holtz stamps. Inktense pencils for the base colour, then I used water colour pens.

Oh Lilian I didn't get around to using this stamp but my goodness it works so well as a poppy!  Like I said in Karen's Description, says what flowers they are??  Your colouring is an inspiration as always, I have to say that using the dots in the background was a genius idea!  
Thank you so much for taking part in this weeks challenge XXX 

Maria 

Maria used the beautiful poppy stamp that she bought at the NEC for this Poppy Challenge card, is it a Woodware one Maria?  I love how detailed the leaves are!  You have coloured it beautifully my lovely, thank you so much for taking part in the Challenge XXX 



Sue


Sue used Kraft card for this version of her poppy cards, having the red as a drop shadow really makes the card, as does the red mat, Kraft card is something we don't use enough of in my opinion!  I feel another challenge coming on!!  Thank you so much Sue for taking part in the Poppy Challenge XXX 

Karen

Karen's Description:

I made this card for my aunt yesterday Not poppies I’m afraid Created the background with DO splatters onto a card blank Created the dotty paper on Serif Used Blooming Blooms dies by Julie Hickey Printed sentiment (she will expect a personalised one!)
Will then send photo of the one that inspired me on Pinterest by Mary Irvine

Who says that they aren't poppies?? Blooms could be any flower, so I am officially accepting them as poppies! 🤣😂
Love this card, the wavy border just finishes the card beautifully,  I can see you really getting good use out of those Julie Hickey dies as they are so versatile.  Thank you for sharing your card XXX 

**********************

I really enjoyed this challenge,  I hope that you all did too, thank you so much for your support ❤

Have a lovely Sunday my lovelies,

Love a hugs to all of you,

Sandra                                                                    xxxxxx 


4 comments:

  1. It is very grey here but dry!
    Boy! You were busy Sandra I love them all I fully intended to do one with a “proper” pansy I had printed a Serif image and even cut it out using ScanNCut Decided I didn’t like it and then needed to make a card for my aunt I am being drawn more and more to Julie Hickey products - I have 2 - a die set and a stamp set! I think it might be because her samples are achievable
    Sue Marie and Lilian- your cards are beautiful too
    We are going into London later to a Salsa venue Something new and something to do on a Sunday afternoon
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sandra and all looking in. The description you shared yesterday was the perfect way to make non crafters stop and think about how much time and effort goes into our cards. I loved your scrunched tissue paper and ink backgrounds. I want to have a go with that and my fan brush. I know I can get much smaller splats/spots(?) using a medium toothbrush- I bought a pack of three for under a pound years ago and still have one left.
    The magazine had great gifts but a lot less pages and examples using the freebies for some reason this month. I agree Maria, you can never have too many snowflakes 🥰
    Great Poppy cards today. You all coloured yours so beautifully. I have never made 6 cards for a challenge before but had so many versions using the poppy die saved on Pinterest that I couldn’t choose which one to make!
    I hope everyone is having a nice Sunday. Pop and I have had a day off from packing. We will start again tomorrow hopefully. Sending hugs. Take care. Love Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everyone
    Love all of your poppy cards 😍 Sandra, you did do well and glad you enjoyed making them all too ☺️
    A great magazine review yesterday, thank you for sharing 😊
    Not long back from Dorset, spent a lovely few hours there and went for a (blustery) walk. Wareham is a lovely little town - first time we’ve walked through it! They were putting up a Christmas tree in the centre, which will look lovely when all lit up. I’m sure Teddy will be seeing it a lot over the next few weeks 😌
    Hope you’ve all had a good weekend.
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Sandra and everyone,
    Sandra THANK YOU for all the lovely poppy cards you have shown us this week, each one a different and beautiful, it’s been an amazing journey, I have loved opening your blog each day to see what you have made. xxx
    John took me over to our younger daughters today, we had a lovely visit, younger granddaughter was home so that was a bonus, she is always lovely to spend time with. Not a lot planned for the coming week, we will take life as it comes.
    Hope everyone is well and had a good weekend.
    Sending love and hugs to you all, Love Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete