Tuesday 7 November 2023

More Pretty poppies

 




Good Morning Ladies, 

It now feels totally normal coming down, having breakfast and then sitting at my craft desk and creating, I have to ignore the huge pile of boxes of craft stash that I haven't managed to find a home for behind me, looking forward and to either side looks relatively organised though!  I need to find somewhere to take some of the boxes of A3 card that I have had for 10+ years and never used, also two deep boxes full of Hunkydory/Kanban card kits/ toppers and background papers that I have, its too wasteful to just recycle it, I am sure someone would get some use out of them. I might ask on a local FB group. 

Today's card was made using the same Painted Poppy stamp set that I have used for the last three cards, this time I used a different poppy stamp.  I started with using the background colour part of the stamp and stamped it 5 times in Real Red on the base card, I them stamped over them with the poppy outline in Versafine Clair ink.   
I used my scalloped contours dies to cut a decorative layer for the front of my card, I used the abstract speckled stamp to add some interest to the background, I stamped and added the colour to three smaller poppies and fussy cut them, I arranged them on the scalloped layer and added foliage to finish the arrangement.  Three sparkle resin dots finish the card.

I hope that you all have a lovely day, 

Love & hugs to all of you,

Sandra
xxxxxx

6 comments:

  1. That is a pretty stamp set you are using and another pretty card
    I am sure you will find a home for the card and kits It might be especially useful to a care home - what do you think Sonia?
    I am going to try a knit and natter group this morning at John Lewis’ haberdashery department It’s only for an hour I might as well make use of my bus pass while the weather is fairly bright
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi everyone
    A lovely card today, and over the last couple of days too 😍
    Sorry I’ve not been in, the washing machine was on as soon as we arrived home, and yesterday was housework and then nodding off on the sofa 😊
    I’m off to Dorset this morning to pick up James. I can’t wait to see Teddy 😍
    Let me know if no one wants the craft stuff, I’m sure they could use some of it in the care home.
    Karen enjoy the knit and natter group.
    Have a good day everyone
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning everyone.
    Sandra I love today's card Poppies are one of my favourite flowers. I am going for my eyes testing this morning and then it's back to putting things away we brought back from Marigny. I shall be so pleased when we're back to normal and I can do some crafting again.
    Hugs on their way to you all. Take care and stay safe.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello all, sunny most of the day, but huge showers.

    Lovely card today, certainly different.
    I gave all of my card and kits to my local play group, just an idea.
    I better get on with dinner , R will be home soon, many hugs to all Lilian

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Sandra and everyone,
    Another lovely Poppy card today, I love poppies of every colour, last year I grew some beautiful yellow ones from seed in the garden, they didn’t survive the winter (or the hands of someone who pulls out everything that hasn’t got a label on!!) in the past I also had some pink ones. I just love them all, but have to say the Red ones certainly make a statement.
    Hope you have all had a good day,
    Take care and stay safe, love Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi everyone
    Beautiful poppy card. Love it Sandra 🤩 Hopefully you can get someone to take your Honkydory stuff off your hands. I like them and I think that Michele might use them.
    Karen, hope you had a fun day.
    Janet, , did you have a lot to take back like furniture and so on ? Hopefully the unpacking goes alright.
    Sonia, the grandson of yours are gorgeous 🥰 he's always smiling ☺️ sure you had loads of cuddles.
    A lovely sunny day here so should have enjoyed the day and felt good but the " kids " went back to Portugal this afternoon so it feels a bit empty and quiet. Back to some crafting tomorrow to keep me busy and also seeing a friend for coffee in the morning.
    Hoping your day have been good and you all will have a good night. Hugs to you all, Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete