Wednesday 22 November 2023

Colour Blocking Technique

 


Good Morning Ladies,

I hope those of you that Knitted & Nattered enjoyed it, I felt like I had a revolving door yesterday,  Lucy turned up at Nine and headed straight for the pantry, so we sat and had breakfast together, she stayed for a couple of hours, she is staying at Flynn's house this week as his Mum is away in Kenya so they are pet sitting,  it's nice for them to get so time together,  he was having a tattoo yesterday so she had 6 hours to kill !   She left and I went to look out ingredients for Brenda's fruit cake,  about 5 minutes later I heard a car and it was Matt & Alex, they both have the week off, they popped over for a visit and to collect a Hamper that Matt had won for his faultless driving,  they have a thing in their vans that monitors your driving,  he finds it very frustrating, but he was quite happy to receive a Hamper, it was packed with goodies from Devon, including fudge, these enormous fudge cookies, plus lots of other goodies,  Paul arrived home and they left and that was my free time gone, we had lunch and I needed to finish today's card.   So maybe baking will happen today !🤔 

Today I am sharing a card I made using the 'Colour Blocking Technique'


There are different ways of acheiving the blocking, you can chop an emboss resist background up then colour and trim a tiny bit off each piece and reassemble or you can do as I did and use low tack tape to mask off areas.  You can colour block plain backgrounds too or add stripes, anything you fancy really. 

I tried to go for a symmetrical pattern  blending two Distress inks in each section, remember to wipe off excess ink from white embossing before removing tape.   I used the diamond in the centre as inspiration for decorating the card, I layered to pierced square frames together and placed a butterfly backed with vellum (so that you could see the colour through it. I finished with a simple sentiment, I may add some pearls too. 

I hope that you all have an enjoyable day,

Love and suidgy hugs,

Sandra xxxxxx 

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful card SANDRA and a very clever technique
    Knit and Natter was good It’s a shame that it only lasts an hour A new lady came and it was lovely to see her excitement that a) we sorted her pattern out and b) she was actually doing something that she enjoyed for herself
    Had flu jab yesterday so feeling a bit achy today (hope that’s all it is)
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi everyone
    Love your beautiful card, the colours are lovely ☺️
    Sounds like you had a busy morning yesterday with all of your visitors ☺️ Fingers crossed you get chance today to bake.
    Karen, glad you enjoyed knit and natter. Hope you start to feel better soon.
    Done some e-learning for work this morning, now sitting watching Christmas films ☺️
    Have a good day everyone
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello All, feeling wiped out today, called for checkup and blood test today. Once again she couldn’t get my blood pressure, so she had to pump it tighter, very painful. In the end she said it was borderline.
    Testing for diabetes, kidney function, liver function, thyroid and cholesterol, if I don’t hear anything assume all is ok.
    So didn’t get any crafting done again today.

    Sandra your card is beautiful, love the colour segments, very clever.
    Not sure what I’m going to do this week yet.

    Karen hope the effects of the flu jab pass in a few days.
    Sending hugs to you all Lilian

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Sandra and everyone,
    What a beautiful card today the colours are lovely and bright, this card will really make someones day special. xx
    Sandra your day yesterday sounds good but crazy, but days when you just don’t know what’s going to happen are often the best days. Lovely the family are happy to just drop in.
    Hope everyone has had a good day.
    Take care, love Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi everyone
    Gorgeous card. Love all the happy colours together.
    You did get busy with the kids popping around didn't you 😊 nice that you are such a close family.
    Lilian, sorry to hear that you are not doing well. Take care and hopefully the test will give some answers.
    Karen, hope you feel alright by tomorrow. Take care.
    Brenda, hope you had a good day and John is looking after you.
    I hope you all have had a good day today and maybe managed off to do some crafting. I will try tomorrow because today we went into town and went to the theatre this afternoon and saw a play and after we had dinner out so no cooking this evening 👍😄
    Good night everyone, many hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sandra and all looking in. What a beautiful bright and cheerful card today, I love it. And you have masked off the sections perfectly. Whoever gets this card will feel brighter as soon as it comes out of the envelope 🥰 Lovely for Lucy to have time alone with Fin. Is it his first tattoo? I can’t imagine anything worse though! Hope we get to see each other tomorrow. I need some Sandra time. I love Pop dearly of course but it will be so good to see you my lovely xx
    Karen, hope the flu jab effects wear off quickly. I’ve got mine booked for the 15th December, the last date possible as I didn’t want to risk not feeling good when helping Pop!
    Love to you all. Take care. Love Sue xx

    ReplyDelete