Sunday 28 July 2024

Your Challenge cards

 





Good Sunday Morning Ladies, 

Did Saturday even happen?? Im not sure what happened to ours but it seemed we were getting up one minute and going to bed the next!!  I wasn't feeling great so dozed off a couple of times.  I went out with Paul to shops but I didn't have the energy to do anything other than nap in the car, it felt nice to get out of those 4 walls.  I was also very conscious of not infected anyone else!    We have no plans for today, see how we feel and maybe Paul will mow lawns, he has been left with a really frustrating cough, its much worse at night which is frustrating for both of us.  I am hoping I don't get the same, thankfully so far I don't seem to be as congested.

Your Challenge Cards 

Karen 


Karen's Description:

1)   Here’s one of the milestone birthday cards A googled image and added speech bubbles over the top of the original ones from Serif

The background is our club badge

2)  Here’s another (milestone) birthday card and is following on from the Pinterest challenge A design by Mary Irvine for Julie Hickey I created the papers in Serif

Oh Karen your first card is absolutely brilliant,  I love the idea and it couldn't be more perfect, using the club badge as the background was an added touch of genius !! 

Your second card is so pretty, I love the delicate background you created and the colours are so delicate.  

Thank you so much for taking part in the Challenge my lovely XXX 

Lilian 

Lilian's Description:

Here is my card for this week, tried to follow your instructions,but couldn’t get the pop up to work, it kept catching on the embossing back layer.

Have just decorated it with chip board pieces from house of roses.

First of all I'd like to thank you for having a go at the tutorial that I did last weekend,  it really does mean a lot 😊 

Your card is beautiful,  I love how you have decorated it, using the fence along that border strip was such a brilliant idea, everything else ties in perfectly.  I did find the pop-up piece frustrating too, I ended up making three different ones, I also had to keep repositioning them because I needed the flowers perfectly lined up with the vase.  Its so hard to explain clearly in a written tutorial.  You would never guess that you had struggled by looking at your card though.  

Thank you so much XXX

Maria

Maria's Description:

I made this swing card for the CC this week. I tried to follow a written tutorial but couldn't understand it so did my own way and thankfully it worked 🤭 not perfect but good enough I think 🤔🤣

Take care. I hope we can do a Watford when you are back as I think everyone is busy before.....

Many hugs 🥰 xx 

It is perfect Maria,  I love the colour combination too,  I think any kind of kinetic card gives the recipient an extra bit of fun, the lacy edged shapes you have used give an extra touch of luxury,  are they your new Hunkydory dies that you won? 

I am looking forward to our next Watford meet up too, we must all check our diaries, we are back from Holiday around the 11th September, so maybe late September ??

Thank you so much for taking part in the Challenge my lovely XXX 

Sue


Sue had some time to herself yesterday so managed to sit and finish a card that she has had on her desk for a few weeks.

The wreath itself is lovely,  so full of foliage, can I ask if its one die, or dies that you layer up??
It makes a perfect aperture card, the decorations are cute too.  Kraft card and dark green are a great combination.  The sentiment is perfect for the card too. 
Thank you so much for sharing your card with us XXX 

******************

I hope that you all have an enjoyable Sunday, 

Love & hugs to all of you, 

Sandra                                                                                 xxxxxx 



5 comments:

  1. Fabulous cards ladies I keep promising myself that I will try different card folds and never get around to it The bowls card went down a storm and is behind the bar for everyone to sign it
    The party was great We were still chatting at 1am!
    Today should be our son’s birthday So we will be visiting the zoo and lay some flowers and a poem composed by OH on his grave Then well just do as we please
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi everyone
    I love all of your beautiful cards 😍 they’re fabulous!
    Been a hot one today. We spent a lovely few hours with James, Mollie and Teddy. We enjoyed seeing Teddy in his little pool, and the splashes were a lovely way of keeping cool 😂
    Thinking of you Karen, for today 🥰 xx
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Sandra and everyone
    Wow what an amazing injection of inspiration ladies. I love to see how everyone adds their inspiration to a challenge, I can honestly say that you are so gifted and inspiring.
    I have had yet another day doing not very much, well I did get to walk around the garden and talk to the plants! I get up have breakfast then need a nap, same after lunch I sit down and nod off again. I am so lucky to have such a caring husband who is more than ready to look after me. Tomorrow the nurse from St Christopher’s Hospice is calling, not sure if she will be able to suggest anything that will help.
    Hope you are all had a good weekend and looking forward to the week ahead. Take care, big hug’s Love Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello all, very hot here today, poor R fell over on Friday and banged his back, can hardly move, been giving him ibuprofen and paracetamol, hoping it will improve tomorrow.

    Love all the cards today, Sandra your cards are a real inspiration.
    Nothing much else happening here,feeling exhausted looking after my beloved.
    Good night all, Lilian

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi everyone
    Lovely cards Karen, Lilian Sue and Sandra. I love the bowl one Karen 😄.
    Hoping that you all staring to feel better.
    Sorry to hear that R has fallen over and hurt his back. Hope he is improving soon. You take it easy too Lilian.
    Brenda, it be interesting to see what the nurse got to say. Hugs to you and to all our ladies here and to you who are looking in. Stop for a second and tell us what you think.
    Had a quiet and relaxing day out in the garden, reading while OH was watching sports on TV.
    Hoping you had a good day.
    Sleep well everyone. Hugs to you all, Maria xx

    ReplyDelete