Wednesday 24 July 2024

Navy & White Easel card





Good Wednesday Morning Ladies, 

Well ladies they say you don't fully appreciate something until it's no longer there, never a truer word spoken, I am exhausted,  both mentally and physically,  Paul being unwell has had like a domino effect on the whole house, I had totally lost count of all the things he has taken on since I have been unable to do them, from emptying bins, cat litter tray to prepping dinner, watering garden, putting washing out and getting it in, the list is endless, the girls have helped a bit, the main problem being they don't want to go anywhere near where Paul has been for fear of catching covid, Lucy was so poorly with it last September I can understand why she is avoiding Paul like the plague, I've lost count of how many times the door handles, cupboards etc have been anti-bac'd !        He did get up at 5am yesterday to try and get ready for work,  he was struggling though, I did gently remind him that apart from him being not well enough to drive to work,  he would be taking  Covid into the office,  he said he thought he would be negative now, I got him to do a test and it was still strong positive!  He went downstairs then came up and said that thinking about it one girl was heavily pregnant and someone else's wife just had hip surgery, so it wouldn't be fair!  So he emailed in and told them he wasn't coming in!  Trouble is there aren't any clear rules with covid now. 

Today's card is one I made yesterday,  using an old stamp set called 'Art Gallery' I stamped randomly to create a background paper then layered that onto navy then white card and onto a Navy card base that I turned into an easel card.  I used the larger flower that I stamped and die cut to create the stopper. I stamped a sentiment on the inside and stamped a sentiment to go on the front that I added over a piece of matching ribbon. 

Karen, I totally forgot to change the Challenge last Friday,  so we can have a "Share whatever you make'' week this week, I look forward to seeing your milestone cards. XXX 

I hope that you all have a great Wednesday,  

Love and hugs to all, 

Sandra xxx 


4 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear that Paul is still feeling rough and is quite rightly staying at home
    I think the rule is very vague but is like if you’re feeling ill then you don’t go in
    I love your easel card I hope to complete a couple of these milestone birthday cards tomorrow morning The builders are almost finished but will be back tomorrow
    We have had a wonderful day with the grandchildren at a Splash Park They loved it
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Sandra and everyone
    Beautiful card. I think everyone loves the blue and white combo.they work brilliantly together.
    Hope Paul is feeling better today, I know they say you can now carry on as normal when you have Covid, but he was right to stay at home and not risk anyone else getting infected..
    Had another sleepy day today but did get out into the garden for a while later this afternoon.
    Hope your day has been good, sending hugs to everyone.
    Love Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello everyone, wet and chilly today.

    Spent a little while in the garden while R was doing some potting up.
    Tried to print out Sandra’s instructions today , unfortunately my printer decided to run out of ink, then it would only print with horizontal lines through everything, will have to try cleaning the heads tomorrow.
    Hope Paul is beginning to feel better, this latest virus is quite severe apparently. Plenty of rest needed.

    Goodnight all Lilian

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi everyone
    A gorgeous card, love that dark blue. Good that Paul stayed at home for another day. Give him my well wishes.
    Have been trying to make a card today. Couldn't understand the written information so had to make my own easier way. Think it worked okay. Fell asleep this afternoon, said I just go down for a hour but 3 hours later husband woke me and as I was not with it we ordered pizza for dinner. It was very nice 🙂
    Hoping that you all had a nice day and did something fun, like crafting.
    Have a good night. Hugs to you all, Maria xx

    ReplyDelete