Thursday 25 July 2024

A favourite colour combination

 


Good Morning Ladies, 

We have a grey start to the day here,  yesterday was sunshine and cloud, rain came in early evening and stayed most of night, which was a bonus as there was no watering needed.  It's a job that I physically couldn't do as a hose doesn't reach to the veg plot, so I am thankful for a bit of rain.  Although Paul was feeling a bit better yesterday,  which was a good job as he ended up having to go into work,  this is definitely the downside of being the only one capable of doing your job!                                              Poor Sophie got up feeling terrible yesterday morning,  sore throat and congestion etc, so she tested and was also Positive for covid, I cannot get my head around the fact that I sleep next to Paul, kiss him good morning and goodnight and I haven't caught it, yet Sophie who is never closer than 2 or 3 feet away from Paul has caught it, Lucy is also symptom free (well so far), her and soph lay in bed watching shows and playing games so fingers crossed her immunity keeps her healthy!                  Bless her she was devastated yesterday as her and Sophie NEVER get a day off together, they don't usually like them being off at the same time, they had made plans to go out for lunch and go holiday shopping,  covid put pay to all that !!  So she looked at me with her sad eyes and said "Wanna come out with me"  how could I refuse?, I wasn't feeling great so was looking forward to a lazy day.  We didn't go far but my goodness we found an amazing garden centre, its called 'Fosseway' its just in Moreton in the Marsh, about 20 minutes from here, they had an amazing display of Cactus, the biggest I've ever seen, Lucy loves cacti and anything quirky like air plants,  she really wants to set up a terrarium, so I think we spent an hour browsing around there, she ended up upgrading the shopping basket to a wheelchair trolley,  which we made great use of,  well there were loads of plants in the sale area it would have been cruel not to give them a home πŸ˜‚πŸ€£

I put todays card together when we got home, I used some new dies that I treated myself too, they go perfectly with my Spellbinders Bold Blooms,  these are called Mini blooms.  I took inspiration from the first card I saw (that actually made me want the dies in the first place) it was originally on Spellbinders Blog by a lady called Kim, it was featured in a post about the top 5 card making essentials, the card was picked for the sentiment it used (which I don't have) not for the gorgeous flowers.  The original also was Green & Black, which I wasn't as keen on so I tried it with lime green, Navy & white, I have to say that I just Love it !!!  I grabbed some card from my bit box and die cut a selection of flowers and leaves and arranged them in opposite corners,  my sentiment is a mix up, a SU thanks die and stamped sentiment is from Taylored Expressions 'Simple Strip Sentiments '.   

I hope that you all have a great Thursday,  no bladder clinic this week as we are now on fortnightly treatments, the next one is a week today which will be 1st of August !! 😲

Sending my love and hugs to all of you,

Sandra  xxx 



5 comments:

  1. Poor Sophie I hope she recovers soon
    Your shopping trip sounds lovely I love cacti and quirky things too
    We had a fabulous time yesterday It was an absolute delight to see them thoroughly enjoying themselves It was fairly busy too which gives me hope that it will stay and continue to be properly maintained
    It should all be finished today - a few niggles but they’re being ironed out
    Take care everyone

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Sandra and everyone,
    Beautiful card today, Sandra, I really love the colours they just complement one another.
    Sorry to hearc Paul had to go into work. It hardly seems fair when he works so hard anyway, but as you say he’s the only one who can do the job - which is bad planning really. What on earth would they do if you was off on long-term sickness God Forbid?
    A follow-up from my recent visit to the Royal Marsden - yesterday afternoon I had a phone call saying they would like to send a palliative care nurse to see me tomorrow, I think they want to check on how I’m coping and if I need any help. I’m sure it’s just a courtesy thing I HOPE!!!!
    Sending hugs to everyone, take care, love Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everyone
    Gorgeous card Sandra, beautiful colours together and I like the flowers you have used.😍
    So sorry to hear that you also now got covid. I hope you listening, I guess not....I told her not to bother with the blog for a few days until she feels better but if we know her she won't listen πŸ˜‰πŸ€­
    Medicine review over the phone this morning, visit to hand clinic at the hospital and then some shopping in town. This afternoon I managed to make a card for Sunday so it's been a full day so glad it's no cooking again tonight as we have left over pizza and chips tonight 😊
    Hoping that you all have had a good day, sending extra hugs to our Sandra and family, fingers crossed you not all get it. Take care
    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello all, rain and chilly here today, back to wearing my cardigan.

    Hope you get over your COVID quickly, seems to be a bad one about now, so take care everyone. I still don’t understand why you don’t have to isolate, if only for a few days.
    I have cut all the card for Sandra’s pop up card, only to find I have no acetate. Lovely card today , great colours together.

    Have a good evening all, Lilian

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sandra and all looking in.
    I love the fresh look you have given today’s beautiful card, not sure green and black would be my choice either but it would be boring if we all liked the same things wouldn’t it. I do love that thanks sue. It works so well with so many other styles and different fonts. It’s on my wish list! Give Soph a virtual hug from me and wish her and Paul quick recoveries. And I’m keeping crossed everything that you and Lucy don’t get it 🀞🏼🀞🏼 The new to you garden centre sounds great. Pop alway used to head for the sale area and would buy the worst looking plants so “they get another chance with just a bit of love and care” and usually got great results from a fresh pot and compost, water and regular feeds. You don’t have to feel guilty buying lots of plants as you have such a big garden with lots of space for them all. That should be your excuse anyway 🀭 xx
    Pop told me today he is getting fed up being on the ward with nothing to do all day. I completely understand but he also isn’t interested in watching tv or listening to the radio so I just try to take him different types of magazines that I know he will enjoy. I hope the move to the temporary care home is very soon xx
    Sleep well everyone. Take care. Love Sue xx

    ReplyDelete