Tuesday 30 July 2024

Pretty Poinsettia

 


Good Morning Ladies,

Did you all enjoy the lovely sunny day yesterday?  I was home alone for pretty much the whole day so didn't dare try to venture outside,  it would be just my luck to fall and be stuck in the blazing sun for hours!  Paul was hoping to be home early afternoon but his workload is crazy and despite leaving here at 6.30am and getting in after 4.30pm, he grabbed a quite bite to eat and sat straight at his desk until around 6pm, he is in the office all week too.  Nevermind, we are counting down to our holidays! 

It felt very odd making Christmas cards on such a hot day, luckily the fan bought the temperature down a little,  I started by embossing my background,  I then took one of the papers I have been hoarding for a couple of years and die cut a square of it, I did fussy cut a couple of bits that the square would have cut off,  I cut around them and lifted them so they sat on top if the square die and then run it through the die cutting machine.  I adhered the die cut to a larger piece of Real Red card, I added another piece of the dsp to the background in matching colours, I added foam pads to my die cut square and added to the card, I folded a piece of woven ribbon over the die cut flowers, to add the first flourish,  I fussy cut another flower spray Identical to the one below and added foam pads with an added swish of glue to make sure that the ribbon stayed attached.  A tiny sparkle into the centres of the poinsettias.  

I hope that you all have a lovely day,

Love & Hugs to all,

Sandra xxx


5 comments:

  1. Wow! That is so pretty
    The weather is getting far too hot for me I do enjoy it but it doesn’t like me
    Diabetic appointment this morning and getting nails done this afternoon Dancing this evening
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi everyone
    Your card is beautiful 😍 love the poinsettias.
    Another hot one again today, think it’s going to change on Thursday with thunderstorms forecast!
    I bet you can’t wait for your holiday ☺️ it will come round quickly the way this year is going!
    Not done much these last couple of days, went into work for a few hours this morning but off again tomorrow. Popping to see Luke and Hayley tonight as they’re house sitting for a neighbour.
    Have a good day everyone whatever you’re doing
    Sending hugs to you all xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everyone
    A beautiful card. Yes it funny to think of Christmas in this heatwave and I haven't sat at my desk yet but if it's cooler on Thursday/Friday I will do something.
    I've changed to take my pills later as you suggested and it seem to work better, thanks.
    Sonia, have a lovely time with your family.
    Good to hear Brenda, take care.
    Sending many hugs to you all, take care. Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sandra and all looking in. I missed yesterday and Sunday but loved all of the challenge cards and also yesterday’s dark green and white card. Today’s is another beauty. I love how you have simply folded the hessian strip. I have I’ll try to remember that idea as sometimes a bow doesn’t work for whatever reason but it looks so good. I am so cross with myself as I have yet again lost another one of my “must remember to try” tips and hints but do you think I can find it? 😠 I hope you are still resting my lovely xx
    Pop is still in hospital but has it in his head that he is taking all of the grands fishing on Saturday so he keeps ringing me to check that I can pick him up. It is hard to try and agree with him without raising his hopes in case he does remember what I have said. It’s his birthday tomorrow so will be taking a cake and candles in for him. Better not take all 83 candles or the smoke detectors will be set off 🤣🤣
    Brenda, sending gentle hugs xx
    Lilian, I hope R’s back is not as painful today, poor man. And hoping you aren’t struggling too much with the extra work. We don’t always realise just how much our other halves do as Sandra was saying the other day xx
    I hope yah all manage to get some sleep, it can be hard when it’s so hot can’t it. Take care. Love Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello all, did I say I wanted warm weather,but this a bit too warm and with R out of action had to do some watering myself to night.
    Washing dries in a flash, have to put them on the drying rack as I’m not allowed to hang them on the line because of my poor balance.

    Love your card today, not done any craft today my room is far too hot

    Hope you will feel better soon. Goodnight all Lilian

    ReplyDelete