Saturday 1 June 2019

Mixed up Saturday including Michele's Mag Review




Good Morning Ladies,

I hope that you are all well and are looking forward to the weekend, the weather is supposed to warm up which will make it even better.

Today we have Michele's Magazine review as always and a fantastic card that she made for a colleague, a few backgrounds that both Karen and I have made and a little bit of shopping!

First up is Michele's amazing 'Pop Out' card, the first photograph is the centre of the card, what a lovely surprise it would be opening up your card and having a fish pop out at you!  Such a clever concept.  The second photo shows the front of the card and the third card is the back.
The card was made with papers from Papercrafts Inspirations magazine, Michele got the inspiration for her card from one featured in the magazine.
It's such an amazing card Michele, perfectly put together as always, thank you so much for your inspiration. xxx



Michele's Magazine Review


Hi Ladies,


The latest edition of Diecutting Essentials is next to have an in-depth review.


The free gift is two Corner dies with separate outer cutting Dies. 



This is some examples shown on the packaging.





More inspiration to make cards for any occasion.


Cards for men-always very useful! 



A shaker card-perfect for a special occasion.


A great feature on Impossible cards-don’t they all look stunning? 

Although the Dies (free gift) look small, I think they’re very useful and you can make such different style cards using them. Versatile products are always great.

Happy Crafting.
Love Michele 

Thank you so much for a fantastic magazine review, there are some fantastic cards featured in this issue, I love love love that free die set!, it would be perfect for this weeks background challenge.XXX


Karen's Backgrounds
Shaving Foam technique with Ink Sprays Green & Sapphire Blue


Caught in Crystal Technique using Crystal Tints, Pixie Powders
& Foil Glitter

Sharpie Technique

Pixie Powders with Bubble Wrap

Pixie Powders on Black card


Distress Oxides

Karen has shared some of her collection of Backgrounds that she has made using different techniques and different mediums, it will be fun to see them all turned into cards over the coming week.
Thank you so much Karen for your inspiration, I can't wait to see how you use them. XXX

My Backgrounds

Caught in Crystal Background using Crystal Tints, Pixie Powders 
& Glitterbittz



Acetate with Alcohol inks mixed with Blending Solution

Caught in Crystal with Crystal Tints, Pixie Powders &
Glitterbitz

I had a fun Thurday evening and Friday afternoon getting messy and making some very different backgrounds,  I have to say that so far the 'Caught in Crystal' backgrounds are my favourite but you have to wait so long for them to dry and I am super impatient!  
The last background was made by placing a mask over a piece of card, I dusted all over the paper with Pixie Powder and then spritzed with water, hmmmm, I'm not sure about this last one, it's a bit 'abstract' for me, but we'll see, I will put it to one side and wait for the perfect opportunity to use it like Brenda did with seascape stained glass window card....

It couldn't have been more perfect if you had planned it Brenda, this is Pixie Powders at their very best!! xxx




Lynda's shopping






Lynda shared her 'Wish' shopping with us today, you got some amazing dies Lynda, they will be perfect with some of your amazing Backgrounds, I love the flowers die set too, try them with both Tissue and Crepe paper, the results are great.
last but not result is that huge collection of foam pads, they look a great size Lynda, I bet they were a bargain price too!!  Thank you so much for sharing XXX

Sue's Birthday Bargain

Last but not least we have Sue's Birthday Bargain, if you sign up for a Hobbycraft Loyalty card and register on their Blog, you get a £5 voucher on your Birthday, which is a great bonus!
They have recently had their own brand 'Intricut' dies on sale at half price, so Sue used her voucher on this die and I believe it cost her an extra £1 !! That's a great bargain!  
Thanks for sharing Sue XXX

Have a lovely day ladies,

Love and hugs to all of you,

Sandra
xxxxxx


18 comments:

  1. Morning Ladies

    Sandra & Karen-fantastic selection of backgrounds, all brilliant. Great inspiration for next weeks challenge.

    Lynda -love the Dies you have bought, I’ll bet they were a bargain.

    Quick trip into Southport this morning then I’m off up de my Dad and show him my new car. Hubby & I are out this evening for a meal with our ex neighbours at the Chinese restaurant in the village so we’ll walk down.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Everyone
    Thank you for the review MICHELE. As always I'll have a look at the mag while I'm out shopping this morning.

    BRENDA-a beautiful card with loads of inspirtion for this week.

    I have to confess that I'm really out of my comfort zone creating colourful backgrounds. I really can't bring myself to play with messy colours but I'm sure I'll find something.

    Off shopping this morning and we have to find a couple of dvd's for Jim's niece who is going to be 11 in a couple of weeks.

    The CAFE is OPEN and serving cold drinks/ices and afternoon teas today so help yourselves.
    HUGS are on their way to you all.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand about not getting messy How about a stamped background and/or dry embossed background

      Delete
  3. Fantastic pop out card MICHELE and thank you for the magazine review Hreat bargains LYNDA and SUE
    I have a small pile of backgrounds that I should use I think the paper cut edger dies that are now available will definitely be put to good use
    My favourite technique is caught in crystal as it gives spectacular results but like SANDRA has said you have to wait for them to dry to see the results I usually leave them overnight
    Seeing OSCAR later I cannot wait
    Take care xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sandra and ladies,
    Sorry not been in for a while. My hands are giving me so much trouble. No card making,it even hurts when I type.

    Love today's blog.
    Great card an mag review Michele and lovely buys Lynda and Sue. Karen your backgrounds are so pretty.
    Love to all.
    Valx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to see you back VAL I really hope the pain improves Take care

      Delete
    2. Hi val
      Sorry your having trouble with your hands I know how your feeling mine are getting worse as well with ostio arthritis and with the fibromyalgia so I really sympathise with you.
      I don't like this getting old lark. Take care Val & hope you feel better soon sending you some Hug's 🤗🤗🤗xxxx

      Delete
    3. Hi Val,
      glad to see you in but so sorry to hear you have so much pain in your hands. Sending hugs and hope you soon feel better xx

      Delete
  5. Good morning Sandra & ladies
    MICHELE another great magazine review. This one looks good with lots of inspiration. The two free dies look good although I have a couple of those type of dies so I don't really need them.
    KAREN loveing your backgrounds I can see some lovely cards made with them. SANDRA I also love your backgrounds also making some beautiful cards with them.
    BRENDA your card is lovely
    SUE you got a great bargain from Hobby craft. I've had a loyalty card for quite a few years now & I have never had a birthday voucher
    Will pop in & ask why.
    My wish shopping the dies are a little smaller than I thought but still pretty & cut well.
    We have a lovely sunny day. Not sure what we are up too but hopefully get into craft room.
    Hope you all have a lovely day sending you all Hug's.
    Love Lynda xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lynda-definitely query why you haven’t had the £5 Birthday voucher as they promote it. I’ve had one emailed to me each year-has it gone into your spam/junk emails maybe?

      Michele

      Delete
    2. Thank you for that Michele xx

      Delete
    3. I got one sent to me as well so do pop in a phone them and ask. The wish dies I got are also smaller then I thought but still nice and good price. Hope you had a alright-ish day and the warmer weather makes the pain less, a bit any way if we are lucky. Hugs xx

      Delete
  6. Hello Sandra and ladies,
    Thank you yet again Michelle for your magazine review. I love this magazine in fact I’ve now placed an online order So I will be getting it as soon as it comes out, yippee.
    Love all of your background KAREN They are so inspiring. Have a great time with Oscar.
    SUE Wow what a bargain, I know you will get a lot of use out of these.
    LYNDA Great new diess enjoy playing.
    Sandra what a surprise to see my card on the blog today. It really was a case of playing with my Pixie Powders and making backgrounds Which just got left to one side, and when I will cut this die out for the boat - this background was just what it needed, A good reason not to throw anything away even if at the time you think it’s rubbish.
    I am waiting for our younger daughter to pick me up she wants to pop down to Portsmouth and would I go with her? it’s a trip out or not.
    Sorry I didn’t get in yesterday it wasn’t for the want of trying in the end it just seems that everything was against me. It started in the morning when I had a scam call about my bank account. Need I say anymore? You’ve been there haven’t you Linda, it really does not hear back.
    Right better get a wiggle on she is due any minute.
    Take care everyone love Brenda XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love your backgrounds and your stunning card.x

      Delete
    2. Hi Brenda, love your card. Hope you had a nice day in Portsmouth and not too tired this evening. Hopefully no more scam calls, do hate people who are doing this. hugs xx

      Delete
  7. Margaret Palmer1 June 2019 at 20:24

    Hi Sandra & all ladies,
    Val lovely to see you, sorry your wrists are causing you so much trouble, hugs on way.xxx
    Michele lovely cards & great review.xxx
    Sandra, Karen & Brenda love your backgrounds, hugs on way.xxx
    Lynda & Sue great buys.xxx
    Sending hugs on way to all who need them love Margaret.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi ladies.
    Fab card Michele and thanks for the mag review. I have ordered that magazine and some other bits as I got some money of Son, of course some does fell in too Lol
    Christina Griffiths do some youtube from this magazine too.
    Sue and Lynda, good buys. Have some of them myself.
    Great backgrounds Karen, Sandra and Brenda. I liked doing wet messy backgrounds when being with Julia at her work shops but find it a bit tricky at home in the kitchen because I am a real messy pig Lol Hope to make some stamping or die cutting for the challenge this week instead.
    Had a lovely time sitting in the garden reading after shopping this morning and after dinner tonight I forced myself to go out for a walk as it is football on for OH, doesn't looking good :( the next 10 min or so will be tense.
    I wish you all a good night as possible, think the windows will stay open all night here.
    Many hugs to you all and extra ones for you ladies who are in pain. Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete