Tuesday 11 June 2019

Pat's Beautiful 21st Birthday Card


Good Morning Ladies,

Today Pat has allowed me to share this beautiful Groovi card that she has designed for her Granddaughter Sophie's 21st Birthday.
It also works for this weeks challenge Flowers/Dry Embossing/Punch (corners)
I love the design you have created Pat, it works so well, those daisies in the corners really draw your eye, so that you see the whole image and not just the centre part.
I can only hope that one day I can create something as beautiful as this, although you have used lots of techniques on this design even the dreading 'snipping out'.
Thank you so much for allowing me to share this inspirational card with the ladies, I know that Sophie will absolutely love your card, I wonder if she knows how many hours went into making it? xxx

Pat is coming over today so we can get our 'Groovi' on, this works out so well for me as I get to craft with friends two days this week, Pat today and Sue tomorrow. Twice the fun and twice the cakes!!😜😜

I did continue with me Re-Organising yesterday, this time I was focussing on my stamps and dies, I made the mistake of using a draw to put dies away at the end of a crafting session (if I didn't have time to put them back in the original packet)  Well it just turned out to be an excuse for laziness and I ended up chucking all the dies in there! I haven't managed to find the perfect solution for die storage, I did have those Black and White spotty folders but the pockets all split, they also needed re-inforcing with a bit of cardboard to hold the dies properly, so that was a waste of money, we have to put these things down to experience.
I am seen a lot of YouTube crafters that store a lot of their dies and stamps in little clear plastic wallets that look the size of a CD case, the problem with that for me is that a lot of my stamps wouldn't fit in those.
I did consider one of these too...…



This company has different size ones, starting at around £18, the only thing is that they take up a lot of desk space. But I do think that they would work as you just pull the slide out and lay the die on a magnetic sheet, so no searching for packaging etc.
Have any of you found the perfect solution???

Val, I was like you when we moved, if I hadn't used it in a year or more I recycled it, I do still have two A3 size plastic boxes full of all the Hunkydory/Kanban kits though, they had some pretty nice backgrounds etc but as you gain confidence with your crafting you tend to step away from the ready made toppers etc, as they seem to aim to look like 'shop bought' cards and we want ours to stand out as better than shop bought!  The other thing that I no longer like is the shiny looking card they all use.
Having said that I just couldn't get rid of them, mainly because of how much they cost to buy I think.
It feels quite 'cleansing' going through everything though, so I think that you would enjoy it, don't go overdoing things though my lovely.
I'm so pleased you have managed to fit in your trip home at last, I bet you can't wait to have Barrie to yourself for a couple of days, it will do him good too. I hope you have a safe and smooth journey, could you please bring a little sunshine with you too xxxx

I hope that you all have a lovely day,

Love and hugs to all,

Sandra
xxxxxx

11 comments:

  1. Morning Ladies

    Pat-your Groovi Card is absolutely beautiful, a real work of art and something to be treasured.

    Sandra-you sounds like you’re enjoying re-organising your craft room. I can’t seem to think of acbetter way to store my stash so I just leave it. I too have loads of Hunkydory kits which, as you say are too good to throw away. I might take a day off work to have a serious sort out in my craft room.

    Have fun with Pat, playing with Groovi!

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Everyone
    PAT-Oh what a gorgeous card though it's more than that it's a gift in itself. You are definitely our 'Groovi Queen'. Everything you complete is just beautiful and a work of art.

    Well we had the most horrible day yesterday weatherwise. It rained all day and at times torrential and it's still raining this morning. According to the forecast on Country File on Sunday it's going to be wet and cold all week and I have to say that I've put the heating on this morning. Damp weather really doesn't help my body as I'm sure many Dear Friends can relate to this.
    I'm hoping to carry on with my CCs this morning.

    The CAFE is OPEN and the brollie bucket is by the door ready and waiting. HUGS are winging their way to you all. Have a good day despite the weather.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card PAT
    I dot know the perfect solution either I need to reorganise my dies AND my little growing stash of stamps
    I bought the ribbon holder from Lasersmith when it was on HOCHANDA I have just opened the box to find no instructions It looks easy enough to put together BUT which bit do I stick together first! I have emailed them for a step by step guide
    When OH decorated my room I toyed with the idea of having a magnetic wall (or part of) I like my spotty folders and seem to get on with them alright but yes a couple of the pockets have split I use the packaging to strengthen the sheets and I write on the magnetic sheets in White how many etc should be in the set etc
    I can’t wait for it to be lunchtime and get home from work
    Enjoy your Groovi and cake with PAT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sandra and Ladies.
    Thank you for showing Sophie’s card, and yes she did like it.
    Hope you enjoy your trip to the UK Val and yes, please do bring some sunshine in your case for us. Even Pete’s brother in Australia are having temperatures of 23 degrees. And it’s there Winter over there. We were told we’re going to have a hot summer, but no sign of that yet. My craftroom could do with a big tidy up as well and like you and I suppose everyone else has stuff we no longer use.
    Big hugs to everyone, especially those who need one today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Pat, what a beautiful card. I bet Sophie will love it. Have a great time crafting with Sandra today. Sending hugs.x

    SANDRA my craft room is top on the list of to do's when I get back from UK and I'm going to be ruthless. Enjoy today.x

    Sorting some stuff to pack today. Fortunately I have clothes and toiletries already at my friend's so not much to take but it will be crammed full on the way home.haha.

    Hugs to all.
    Love Valx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good morning Sandra & ladies
    WOW Pat your card for Sophie is stunning you have certainly masted the groovy craft. I must try my starter kit I've had it for so long & haven't used it yet I'm bad.
    I had my hair cut this morning so a bit lighter.
    Tomorrow I have got Pain management in Canterbury hospital which is about hour & half drive so I'm hoping I'm cured when I come out Haha. Haven't got a clue what happens there.
    The we are going straight over to Darren's as it's Harry's 5th birthday. I don't know whare those years went. He is having a party in a ball park with a lot of his friends & of course me & grandad.
    Should be fun.
    VAL have a lovely time when you come over & spend time with your son. Are you visiting craft shops. 😁 whare abouts is it your staying
    All our craft shops have closed we only have the Range & hobby craft.
    Well better clear up as I want to go in craft room. Bit of luck earlier the lady over the road has thrown away a trolley & it fits underneath my table yaay.so I can now put all my card in. She has another one but haven't got room for it.Sandra & Pat have a good groovy day.
    Sending Hug's for you all
    Love Lynda xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope the pain management goes well Lynda. No idea what they do either. Have a lovely time at Harry's party.
      I'm staying with my friend on the Wirral. We spend a lot of time putting the world to rights.
      I go to the local Range as the garden centre craft shops all seem to have closed. Mind you a new craft shop opened in the next village here in Spain. So excited. We're changing venues to hold our craft group there! X

      Delete
  7. Margaret Palmer11 June 2019 at 15:40

    Hi Sandra & all in cafe,
    Pat your groovi is beautiful, I can understand Sophie why loved it, well done.xx
    Sandra enjoy your groovi lesson with Pat.xxx
    Val enjoy your visit & a bonus you have Barrie to your self.xxx
    Lynda hope you get on alright at pain management tomorrow & you will no doubt enjoy Harry's party, wish him happy birthday from me.xxx
    Sendingb hugs to all who need them love Margaret. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sandra and all in the cafe'
    Heating on and rain it has all day so popping in here it's have lifted my mood a bit to see your amazing Groovi work Pat. I love it and glad Sophie did too.
    Hope you had a nice time with eachother today.
    Happy birthday to Harry for tomorrow Lynda. Have a great time at the party and take plenty of photos.
    Have a nice time in the UK Val. Bring brolly and a thick Cardi, you will need it.
    Take care everyone and hugs to you all, Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Sandra and ladies,
    Pat your Groovi work is beautiful, what an amazing keepsake you have crafted for Sophie. I’m sure it will be treasured forever.
    After a day and most of the night of nonstop rain, today has been dry and sunny, well until late afternoon, I did get out in the garden for a while anyway. This morning I made some strawberry jam using our home grown strawberries. Still have a quiet a few more to ripen, might even have enough to make some more jam.
    Sandra hope you have had a lovely day with Pat and Sue is well enough to come over tomorrow, before you know it the weekend will be here. xx

    Val I hope the weather improves before you return. If it doesn’t warm up I suggest you pack extra jumpers!! Enjoy the time with your friend. Its going to be lovely for you to have some one to one time with Barrie.Have a good trip.

    Lynda sending Happy Birthday wishes for Harry’s 5th birthday - where has the time gone?

    Sleep well everyone, Love Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello All, very cold and wet here, still the horrible thunder storm from Sunday has gone.

    Pat what a beautiful card, must use my Groovi sometimes, but will have to wait till my hands are better, another trip to see if the go can help, if I can get an appointment.

    Loved all of Sunday’s cards.

    Saying goodnight as my fingers are swelling up again, hugs Lilian

    ReplyDelete