Monday 10 June 2019

A card for this weeks TicTacToe


Good Morning Ladies,

Did you all have a good weekend?  Ours wad very quiet, we didn't do anything exciting. 
I ended up spending most of Sunday re-organising my craft room, why do we start these things?! I took everything off the shelves and sorted through it, moved things into places that I thought would work better.  
I made a little box up with all the things you need when you heat emboss, anti static bag, inks, embossing powders etc, to make it easier, I will let you know if it works, this was the level of my re-organisation!! 

The card details are as follows......

I made a card base that measured 6 3/4  X 6 3/4 Inches, I used Sue Wilson's Large Pierced Square dies to cut the layers for this card, the embossing folder that I used is also one of Sue Wilson's, I believe its called 'Beaded Arch', it's an A4 folder. I used the square dies to make a frame to cover the edges of the embossed piece.
The main focus of the card is that beautiful die, I can see so many used for that beautiful intricate design, it would make a great doily for using in albums, journals etc, you can of course cut it in any colour to match your projects. having the centre cut out is an option, you can leave the centre in, leave it plain or use the pretty centre piece that I did, I recessed mine just to give the card dimension and to highlight the beautiful detail too.
The flower in the very centre of the die cut was made using the pieces that die cut out of the die, I just gave them some shape with a ball tool and popped them back in, I added an extra layer of petals to make the flower a little fuller, I finished it by popping a pearl embellishment in the centre.
So back to the method, I die cut the base piece of the die in cream card, then that beautiful intricate piece with both the inner and outer cutting edges to create a frame. I raised this up with foam pads so that all that intricate pattern stood out. The centre piece that I decided to cut out was placed flat onto the card base.
Next came the fun part, which was the embellishing, of course any 'feminine, girly' card needs flowers and ribbon, so thats what I used, I had some flowers in my stash that matched the colours perfectly, so I arranged them around the bottom left hand side and finishes with a bow made from cream ribbon with a hint of copper/rose gold on the edges, I placed that upon another bow made from cream dotted tulle ribbon, I topped these with a little flower.  Then to balance the card I added a smaller little spray of flowers on the opposite corner. The sentiment is of course another one of Sue's from a different die set, the name escapes me for now, but will no doubt come back to me at 3am!! lol

I am looking forward to getting into my newly organised craft room today ladies, the one thing that would make it perfect is if you lovely friends were all sat around the table.

Have a lovely day my lovelies,

Love and hugs to all,

Sandra
xxxxxx


8 comments:

  1. Morning Ladies

    Sandra-what a beautiful card, so pretty. I love all the detail on it.
    I’m interested to know if your re-organised craft area helps you. My stash could do with being organised into categories but I keep putting it off!

    Yesterday was glorious weather-so sunny & warm. We did quite a bit of gardening then I sat outside after lunch and read my book. It was good just to relax.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Everyone
    What a beautiful card SANDRA. So delicate and definitely up my street.

    Weatherwise yesterday wasn't too bad at least it was dry but by teatime it had turned cold and definitely not warm enough to be outside during the day.

    It's going to be a quiet morning for me Jim's on duty and so I'm hoping to make a start on my CCs.

    The CAFE is OPEN as usual so pop in when you can.
    HUGS are on their way to you all with loads of extras for Dear Friends in need. Take care and stay safe xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It’s raining here and it’s Monday - yeuck!
    Beautiful card SANDRA I’m not a pink lover but aI really like this
    Like MICHELE I need to reorganise my craft room I do keep my anti static bag in my handmade stamping platform bag together with a stamp cleaner
    It’s my dies and stamps I really need to sort especially stamps For example do I keep the sets of stamps together (mainly magazine freebies) or do I remove all of the sentiment stamps and file them separately to the main pieces?
    I think I will invest in an alphabetically indexed book and try and make a list...I don’t know
    Seeing Oscar really brightened my day yesterday You can’t help but laugh when you see him aI made a cc yesterday I will try and photograph it later
    Take care all xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty card Sandra. We'll done you on organising your craft room. Mine is a real mess, so needs an overhaul. I have boxes on high shelves I can't reach. No idea what's in them but think I should just throw them away with opening them!!!

    A lovely sunny day here. I think I'm going to get a shock when I get to the Wirral on Thursday as it looks like a lot of rain forecast. Spoke to my friend last night and she had her fire on. Still will be lovely to see my family so don't care what the weather is like. Barrie's taken a couple of days off work and as Helens away at a melanoma conference, I geth all to myself yeh.

    Hugs to all especially those having a bad day today.
    Love Valx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Sandra & ladies
    SANDRA I love your beautiful card it's very feminine.love everything you have done with the die.
    Just finished my ironing thank goodness really ware me out now so Terry has just made me a cuppa so I will enjoy that.
    I made a Lasagne for dinner last night for tea. So we finished it up for lunch yummy it was too.
    I will leave you now my cuppa is callingx
    Hug's for all who needs them
    Love Lynda xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi everyone.
    Very pretty card Sandra and your flowers work perfectly together.
    The saga about how we could keep our stamps and dies best is still a wonder because I have not yet found the way that I am happy with so if anyone have any ideas please share !
    You only need to give me date and time Sandra and I'll be around for a crafting day/weekend :>)
    Awful day weather wise but have not seen much of it for have slept the day away.
    Hugs to all , Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Margaret Palmer10 June 2019 at 17:42

    Hi Sandra & all in café,
    Sandra what a beautiful card it is lovely. If you find a way to store stamps please tell me, the SU ones are fine but the others are a pain.xxx
    I have had a lazy day today, hope tomorrow is better.
    Sending hugs to all who need them love Margaret.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Sandra and ladies,
    What a lovely card Sandra you have created for this weeks tic-tac-toe, it is so very feminine and the doily die works perfectly sitting centre stage.

    After a lovely day of sunshine yesterday spent in the garden today we’ve had non-stop rain. If I have to find a plus to this wet weather - I sat all the house plants outside on the garden sofa they love a rain water shower, I need to go and bring them back indoors now and will leave them in the outhouse overnight to dry off.

    I need to reorganise my craft room, I try to keep ‘related things’ close to each other, it works most of the time ! It’s the bits I put to one side when I have completed a project, I haven’t used them and don’t want to throw them away because they maybe useful...... One day !!

    Love and hugs for everyone, Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete