Saturday 15 June 2019

Mixed Craft Saturday




Good Morning Ladies,

We had less persistent rain yesterday, it came in frequent light showers, we could do with having the sheep back to eat the grass, it's amazing what a few days rain can do, the grass is so long, trouble is our village is going for the 'Best Kept Village' competition this year, so you feel like you have to be mowing your lawn every few days!  One thing that the rain has ruined is our beautiful display of roses, they all just about peeped through as the heavy rain started and it has battered them, which is so sad because they look and smell so beautiful.

Talking of beautiful lets see what crafts, shopping and magazine reviews we have....

First photo today is from our 'Queen of Boxes & Bags & All things Tonic'' ….Janet
What a stunning Gift Set Janet, that beautiful bag would make the simplest gift look special, you could fit an inexpensive scarf in there or some sweets or chocolates, even a few Parchment tools and some scissors!! 
I will add Janet's description below:

''I have attached a Christmas Card  and Gift Box  for Mixed Up Saturday. I used the die cuts from a Tonic Magazine from last year for the card and the box is also Tonic called 'Festive Strip Kaleidoscope Box. I think this combination makes an ideal present.

Thank you so much Janet for kicking off the Christmas Crafting XXX





Cheryl

Our Cheryl was having a go at Watercolour Painting with her Great Niece Sophie a couple of weeks ago and this amazing piece is the result, you have managed some lovely shading Cheryl and everything is so neat, I love the quirky fungi and the bright vibrant colours that you have used.
Another string to your Bow Cheryl,
Thank you so much for sharing xxx



Michele's Magazine Review


Hi Ladies,

Papercraft Essentials has a lovely free gift this month-a Craftwork Cards kit.





Some ideas below to show you what’s inside the magazine.





Below is the first feature using the free gift.







A gorgeous pop up card.








More ideas & not just cards. 








Cards for men!









Below is a great article showing you ways to use up ribbon.




More ideas.






That’s all for now 
Happy Crafting 

Love Michele


Thank you so much Michele for another in depth review, I dismissed this magazine at first glance but having seen how many amazing features and ideas that there are inside I may reconsider. xxxx




Maria

Maria was lucky enough to get some lovely craft goodies from her son for her birthday, (well she got some money and this is what she bought) it's always better to choose yourself, you seem to have got loads for your money Maria.  Those flower stamps and dies look lovely and you can never have enough frames.
Thank you so much for sharing your shopping my lovely xxx


Karen


Karen has also done a little bit of craft shopping, the two Creative Expressions Papercuts dies are from Ben at In2craft, and the other two Sentiment Edger dies are from Ebay, Karen has used them for one of her challenge cards so I you can see how it looks tomorrow, she found that the only down side is that they have a bottom cutting edge, which means you don't have the space to put your embellishments, it will make sense when you see Karen's card tomorrow, they were a very good price though,
Thanks for sharing your shopping Karen xxx


That's all for this week's 'Mixed Up Saturday' Ladies,

Enjoy the rest of this wet weekend, think of our poor Becca, she is wading in mud at the Isle of White Festival, she said she is still having fun though.

Love and Hugs to all of you,

Sandra
xxxxxx





7 comments:

  1. Morning Ladies

    Janet -love your card and gift bag, both gorgeous.

    Cheryl -such a cute card.

    Maria -love all your crafty shopping, perfect birthday gifts!

    Karen -great shopping. I have only used my eBay edger Dies so far.

    I’m hoping for a work free weekend after being contacted the last two evenings! I don’t have a car this morning as hubby has borrowed it to drive to the golf club as his has a slow puncture and the garage cant replace it until lunchtime today. I’ll be waiting for my car as I’m going to see my crazy friend as she thinks she has done craft stash lurking in her conservatory which she’s ready to part with!!!
    We’re off to see my Father in Law this afternoon which means a late meal tonight.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Everyone
    Oh the floor outside is DRY!! so fingers crosded it will stay that way today.

    CHERYL-I love love love your watercolour. Those fungi are gorgeous.

    MARIA and KAREN- loving all your crafty purchases.

    MICHELE- thank you for your mag review. As usual I'll be having a look when I'm out shopping this morning.

    Talking of which I'd better get a move on while it's fine.

    The CAFE is OPEN as usual and there'll be cake and scones this afternoon. All calorie free of course lol.
    Have a good day whatever you have planned.
    HUGS on their way to you all. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh JANET I love your gift box and card
    and your watercolour is beautiful CHERYL Did you draw or stamp the images
    Great buys MARIA I’m never allowed craft goodies from Daughter She says I have way too much (true!) So I’ve reminded her I like craft stuff and she likes clothes So I won’t be buying her clothes for her birthday as she has way too many lol!
    Thank you for the mag review MICHELE
    It’s beautifully sunny and feels quite warm OH starts a week’s holiday today So he’ll be out in the garden today I’ll be pottering about
    LYNDA Sorry I hadn’t realised you’d had a fall I hope you’re feeling better xx
    Take care all

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen, the image was stamped using Pink Ink Fungi stamps from their Fauna series. The main stamp is a large size then all the smaller stamps are used complete the picture. You can make it as large as you like.

      Delete
  4. Hi Sandra & ladies
    A lovely array of mixed crafts CHERYL your water colour card is beautiful well done.
    KAREN thank you yes I had fall indoors wensday evening. I was opening a patio door & lost my balance & fell onto the TV unit. I managed to save the TV then the plant stand fell onto my arm. It's lovely shade brown blue detress lol
    But I'm OK just I just ache.
    MICHELE Another great magazine review you always do a good job thank you so much.
    MARIA wow I love your shopping you bought some very nice crafty goodies.
    JANET beautiful card & box your the queen of Tonic dies.
    We are going over Lisa's today for Father day. So a bonus I get to see Harry again & my big grandson Joseph. On Thursday Lisa rang me quit late from hospital she said her cat was attacked by the neighbours dog her & Joseph had too fight the the dog off her cat eventually they did took her to the vet but sadly she died of shock. So they went hospital for a tetanus infection as got scratches.
    Very sad.
    Better go. Hug's all round
    Love Lynda xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning ladies.
    Beautiful makes Janet, love both the card and box x
    Nice water coloured card Cheryl x
    Nice dies Karen, I do like the sunflower one. I didn't tell Son or OH how much they cost, therefore I got some extra Lol
    Very happy with it all.
    Thanks Michele for the magazine review, some nice cards to make in there.
    Oh dear Lynda, you hurt again. Please take care and watch your steps. Gentle hugs x
    Have a nice Saturday whatever you are up to. Many hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Margaret Palmer15 June 2019 at 15:34

    Hi Sandra & all in cafe,
    Sandra hope the sun is shining as it is here, I cannot believe that you have had that much rain when we are only about 6 miles away, it just goes to show how fickle the English is.xxx
    Janet what a lovely bag & card. Will be in for tea later.xxx
    Cheryl lovely painting.xxx
    Michele good magazine review as usual.xxx
    Karen & Maria love your shopping, look forward to seeing your cards.xxx
    Lynda so sorry to see you had a fall, I certainly don't like what comes with getting old!! Hugs on way.xxx
    Sending hugs to all who need them love Margaret, xxx

    ReplyDelete