Sunday 23 June 2019

Your Challenge Cards




Good Sunday Morning Ladies,

Well I loved this Challenge and it looks like you all did too, some lovely cards this week, thank you so much ladies xx

Karen





Karen really enjoyed this challenge, although I think she was like me in that she just couldn't pick one particular thing as a favourite!

Cards 1 & 2:  These two are with the very first stamp I ever bought because I loved it so much I haven’t ever used it much before getting a stamping platform! It’s by JL when he was at CE
I was watching Phill Martin yesterday and he stamped with a couple of DO’s So I have used Picked Raspberry and Wild Honey on one and Broken China on the other The sentiments are Hunky Dory in the The appropriate colours and heat embossed
I used. Nuvo drops Another happy accident I thought the stamping was dry but can you see how the drops have picked up some of the colour underneath
Drops = Gloss white and Carnation pink and Caribbean ocean

Card 3:  Here’s a cc using my favourite Christmas die from Intricate Crafts and my favourite EF SW’s lattice snowflake The background is Serif I spritzed it with water before I embossed it - happy accident it lifted the ink and looks like a DO background! I lightly sanded it to reveal white card underneath
The die makes simple but very effective cards Ideal for batch making

Card 4:  Another friend became a grandmother for the first time last Thursday so I made a card over the weekend using my all time favourite New Baby dies They’re by Sue W

Thank you so Karen for 4 amazing cards, I love your favourites, I can also see why they are your favourites as you have made some amazing cards with them. XXX



Janet



Janet also loved this Challenge and she chose her Favourite card style = Vintage.
I am very much with you on this one Janet, anything that requires lace and flowers is a favourite in my books too!

Janet's Description: 

For all three Challenge Cards I have used 'LA BLANCHE' for the toppers.
The backing papers/flowers/stick pins/lace etc have all come from my stash.

Three lovely, lovely, lovely cards Janet, thank you sooooo much for taking part xxx


Lilian


Now I gave myself a little 'pat on the back' as I correctly predicted Lilian's 'Favourites, hahah
But once again I can see why they are your favourites Lilian, firstly those Stamperia Papers, in fact ANY Stamperia papers would top my favourite list, I have loved every single one that you have used to date.
As for your Watercoloured card, it speaks for its self, if you hadn't told us we would never have know that the card had has a skydiving adventure! The colours look very much like Old Olive and Berry Burst but I am probably wrong, I can tell you that have used MY favourite Spellbinders Die ever as your frame.  Your fussy cutting is incredible too, oh how I would love to open that card on my birthday! 
Lilian thank you so very much for taking part, I honestly love opening your emails and waiting in anticipation as your cards download. xxx

Margaret 



Margaret, I am so thrilled to see that you are back in your crafting seat, I have really missed your cards each week my lovely.  You have come back with two amazing cards too.

I know that both of these cards feature your Favourite Stampin Up Punch, it's called 'Lovely Label' and thats a perfect description for it, it's also so convenient having a punch for sentinments, particularly for you who is not fully back into card making, so haven't got all your Gemini plates to mess with etc.
I believe that you have used your Favourite 'Sweet Treats' paper pack too.

Thank you so much Margaret, it's great having you back on the display xxx


Michele 



Two familiar Favourites from Our Michele, firstly Michele's favourite and 'Go To' Designer ……..
Ella's Design.
The second Favourite featured in Michele's cards is the animals, Michele loves both Hedgehogs and Squirrels.
I love both of these cards Michele and can see why Ella's Design makes it to the top of your Favourites list.
Thank you so much for taking part my lovely xxx

Brenda


Brenda has turned back to some of Sue Wilson's original and best (in my opinion) dies, The 'New York ' collection, for her favourites and has selected two of the most exquisite cards as examples. Your cards are just pure elegance Brenda, adding the simple, delicate lace between the layers lifts the card to something special, the thing that makes these cards really special is Brenda's handmade ribbon roses.
Thank you so much Brenda, for sharing your beautiful cards xxx

Sue


Sue has shared her 'Favourites' with us too, she has made two fantastic cards to show her choices....
The First of Sue's cards is the amazing Anniversary card that she made for Chris as they celebrated their 33rd Wedding Anniversary,  Sue this card is brilliant,  I love it, adding the hint of pink as a reminder of your wedding colours, I also  love how you have used the sentiment, sending 33 hugs!! 

Sue's second card uses one of her favourite  'go to' dies that was a magazine freebie.  O teally love that die, it can be used for so many occasions, i can see why its a favourite.  
Thank you so much Sue for taking part. Also congratulations for your 33rd Anniversary xxxxx

Maria

Maria made time during her packing and preparing for her holiday to make her challenge card this week.  I knew that one of Maria's favourites would be 'cute images', you have made some gorgeous cute cards Maria. 
This card is just so pretty as well as featuring a cute elephant,  I love the green background which you have accented perfectly with those gorgeous pink flowers.
Thank you so much my lovely.  I hope you and Rik have a lovely holiday, I wonder how much it has changed since you two met there all those years ago?! Xxx


Ladies, what an incredible display of cards this week, I can totally see why you all have your favourites, your cards definitely show how much you enjoyed making them.
Thank you all so much!!

Well done Michele, you had a great sale table this time, so pleased for you xxx 

Sending love and hugs to all of you,

Sandra
xxxxxx






11 comments:

  1. Morning Ladies

    Fantastic selection of challenge cards today.

    I did quite well yesterday at the Church Fair and need to make quite a few more cards to refill my card box.

    Not feeling too well, think I’ll take it easy today.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Everyone
    Ohhhh what a wonderful selection of craftiness on the boards this morning.
    Once again not a similar card in sight and so much inspiration.

    Well it's going to be a super super busy week in this house. We're hoping to take a couple of week off to Marigny but won't know until Wednesday teatime whether it will be possible so you can imagine what's it's going to be like.
    If we can get off I'm hoping that MARGARET will be well enough to stand in for me please.

    The CAFE is OPEN ready and waiting. Lunch menu is Roast Pork and Ice Cream Cake for afters so place your orders early.
    HUGS are on their way to you all.Have a good day and take care.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m definitely up for roast pork please I have never heard of ice cream cake So really look forward to trying that thank you

      Delete
  3. Your cards are amazing ladies
    I have favourites in lots of genre So I picked my favourite “go to” things
    Well done MICHELE on your successful table sale
    When we were at Greenwich market there was a lady selling handmade cards AND she had cards made with a Serif kit I have!
    Thank you for your lovely comments on my “monster” I hope you don’t mind ladies but he’s become Knotty - a name my daughter suggested (I’m going to keep FRANK in mind for the next one Thank you aSue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning ladies,

    Such an ray of beautiful, beautiful cards this morning. They are so amazing and perfectly show off your individual styles/talents.

    Love the name Knotty for your latest toy Karen, it fits him perfectly.

    I've purchased some cube furniture for my craftroom, I've got quite bogged down with boxes inside larger boxes that I have to empty to find items needed for a particular crafting session. the cubes fit an A4 box so will be ideal for easier storage. I just have to make them now.


    Love 7 hugs
    Cheryl xxx


    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning Sandra & ladies
    Gorgeous cards this morning I wouldn't like to choose a favourite as they are all favourites I'm not sure what happened to my card's but think they have gone to the cyber space bin. 😭.
    I don't know what is happening today the weather looks a bit iffy it's very warm but sun is hiding behind the clouds.
    Must get finish housework & get a shower.
    BIG HUG'S FOR EVERYONE
    Love Lynda. Xxx


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Lynda i'm so sorry, I definitely downloaded your cards so i have no idea why they weren't in the folder! They will be the feature of tomorrow's blog post xxx

      Delete
  6. Margaret Palmer23 June 2019 at 11:12

    Hi Sandra & all in cafe,,
    Sandra thank you for this challenge it gave me a chance to get back into crafting, all the cards are beautiful.xxx
    Janet of course I will look after the cafe, please may I order lunch & ice cream cake.xxx
    Sending hugs to all who need them love Margaret. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I should have said Congratulations Sue on your 33rd anniversary I pressed publish too soon xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi All, rain again, but dry now.

    Lovely cards, all so different, not sure why my colours come out so bright, they are paler in real life.

    All of yesterday’s item were also lovely, sorry comments disappeared yesterday.

    Not else, been watching tennis most of the day, hugs to all Lilian

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Sandra and ladies,
    What a fantastic display cards (using favourite dies/stamps) ladies you certainly raised the bar for this weeks challenge, I couldn’t choose a favourite they are all really fantastic.
    Michele well done on your successful card sale. Hope you are feeling better as the day has progressed.

    Karen Love the name Knotty you have given your latest creation.

    Janet I hope you are able to arrange your trip to Marigny this week.

    Spent most of the day in the garden today, I had a few fuchsia plant to plant on, also reorganised a few areas. But when I get out in the garden and the weather is good I just get carried away. I always remember many years ago one of our girls saying (I had been in the garden and lost track of time) Mummy I’m hungry when are we going to have dinner!!!! We now have a garden clock which helps me to keep a track of time.
    Sleep well dear friends. Love Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete