Wednesday 26 June 2019

My Challenge Card



Good Morning Ladies,

I finally made my card for this weeks TicTacToe Challenge, I chose Categories:  Neutrals/Texture/Ribbon.

I used a Wreath die that I bought from the 'Inloveartshop.com'  shop on AliExpress, it's the one that Danielle is on the DT team for, it is such a big solid die, I was really surprised when I opened it, they weren't the £1/£2 dies that you some times see on AE but was still only around £5 which is still amazing price for such a big sturdy die. So I based my card around this die, I also wanted to use Kraft Card to go with that lovely Hessian Ribbon that was an amazing bargain if you look at the background of my card there are two ribbons, the hessian/burlap ribbon on a neutral cotton ribbon with a pretty scalloped edge, I got both of these from the Wedding Section in Home Bargains, you get 3metres for around £1, its really great quality too, the hessian feels almost wired (it isn't) as it holds its shape beautifully.
So I folded an A4 piece of Kraft card in half to make an A5 card and used a piece of the A3 peaches and pinks Crafters Companion card that I have almost run out of! I wanted a script type look in the background and that piece worked beautifully, I inked around the edges and added it to my card base, I then layered the two ribbons up and placed them down the length of the card and die cut two of the wreaths and layered them for strength and attached them to my card front, adding foam pads for dimension.  I decided to keep the colours fairly neutral and love how it turned out, all of those flowers that I have used are from a company called 'Little Birdie', both The Range and Hobbycraft stock them, they are really great quality flowers, so I arranged a few of them around my wreath frame.  I die cut a flag style label and added 'With Love' which is made up of totally different die sets, I coloured it with Distress Oxide ink to match my flowers.
I added three more little flowers in the bottom corner of my card with some leaves, for some extra colour and interest.
I tied a bow with the hessian ribbon and attached it to the top of the ribbon border, I then had a bit of an issue as I had run out of the yellow flowers, so I found a similar shaped flower die and die cut a couple, coloured them with the same Distress Oxide ink as I used for the sentiment, I gave the flower a bit of a scrunch and popped a sparkle in the centre, it doesn't look too out of place does it?!

I did have a much quieter day yesterday, I went Dr's with Lucy, then spent the rest of the day pottering around, I finally got the inspiration to make my challenge card and thoroughly enjoyed making it.
Paul came home and fancied going to the cinema for a change so that's what we did, it didn't start until 9.30pm though, so a late night for us!!
I think I have Matt and the girls home today, so no peace and quiet here!

I hope that you all have a lovely day,

Love and hugs to all of you,

Sandra
xxxxxx


8 comments:

  1. Morning Ladies

    Sandra-what a gorgeous card, it’s beautiful. Hope you enjoyed the film.

    No luck getting any appointments-dentist is closed until today & no GP appointments available. I went to see my friends after lunch-didn’t stay too long as she was distracted and her husband ended up shouting fir help as he’d got stuck in the bathroom! E decided it was definitely time for us to leave.

    I’m hoping work isn’t too busy as I’m still not feeling 100%!

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Everyone
    SANDRA- gorgeous card.Beautiful colours and I love that die you have used.

    Well I don't know what has happened to the hot weather we're supposed to be having but it certainly isn't anywhere near us. It was raining when I got up yesterday and we had really heavy rain all day.It was also cold so much so that I put the heating on at tea time!! I really cannot remember the last time we had heating on in the middle of JUNE!! It's still very very wet and not so warm either this morning.

    Jim is on duty today so it's also 'D Day' which means that we find out whether we can get to Marigny for a couple of weeks. I really hope so.

    The CAFE is OPEN with cake and biscuits just waiting to be eaten. HUGS are winging their way to you all. Take care and stay safexxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning ladies,

    After a very early start yesterday morning I picked Tiegan up and we drove off to Taunton for some R&R time and Tiegan's first Prom dress fitting. First point of call was Harvesters for breakfast only to find it didn't open til 9am. As there is a Premier Inn right next door, how do the visitors fare in trying to have their breakfast before then so they can be back on the road? So we sat in the carpark and waited until nine having a lovely chat about various family matters, then meandered back over to the now open door where a young man asked if we had read the notice on the middle doors stating they were only doing continentals? We said 'Sorry, no we didn't notice it. But if it was on the FRONT door when we first arrived then we would have gone elsewhere'
    So we left feeling hungry and made our way to the Range whose coffee shop also wasn't open, but I did mange to get some craft bags, tissue paper and some Hampton Art glue pads. Drove straight to the multistory carpark and finally had breakfast in Weatherspoon's. I don't like the one in Bridgwater as the drinkers are already topping up from the night before and there is always the unpleasant smell of stale beer. This one was not like that and we enjoyed a full English with tasty orange juice. Then we hit the shops and into Deichmans for some steampunk type sandals for me, Quiz for sparkly sandals and matching bag (Tiegan's treat from me) to wear at her prom. By then it was time for her fitting so there we went. Oh my! as she came out of the dressing room, standing before me was not the little bundle of joy or the schoolgirl on her way to her first class but a beautiful young girl on the cusp of growing up. She does not wear a lot of girly clothes so to see her looking so stunning brought a tear to my eye and a lump in my throat. A spot more shopping along the way back to the carpark then homeward bound. I so love our bonding times together before she gets older.

    Love 7 hugs
    Cheryl xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A really beautiful card SANDRA and thanks for the reminder about the website I will take a look and the last place I would think to look for ribbons is Home Bargains!
    My friend Kat is coming to “play” this evening She wants to try a couple of “messy” techniques and I’m hoping to persuade her to have a go at this week’s cc So I need to clear enough space for both of us to craft
    I have been asked by a few friends to make a total of 11 cards including 2 by husband! So I’ll be exceptionally busy over the next few days
    I hope you’re able to get to Marginey JANET
    Take care all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning all beautiful card Sandra as always. Rainy day here today. House to myself so think I will record part 3 of my tutorial. Have a great day ladies xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Margaret Palmer26 June 2019 at 11:39

    Hi Sandra & all in café,
    Sandra your card is beautiful, the ribbon is a good buy from Home Bargains. Hope you get chance to craft today.xxx
    Janet hope you are able to get away.xxx
    Sending hugs to all who need them love Margaret.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good afternoon Sandra & ladies
    SANDRA YOUR CARD IS BEAUTIFUL I love it you've put a lot of work into it I didn't know home bargains sold craft items. Will have to pop into have a look
    Well better get on.
    Hug's for all
    Love Lynda xx
    . I have foot clinic at 4oclock so I have to leave soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Sandra and ladies,
    Sandra what a beautiful card. I’ve never heard of Home Bargains Store sounds interesting, is it similar to The Range?
    It’s been a very nice day here, started off dull but brighten up very quickly. We have spent most of the day in the garden, Just kept finding another job to do.
    Sleep well dear friends, see you tomorrow, Love Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete